It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for Pot!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So, you can't sell marijuana, you can't buy marijuana... but you can grow it? In this episode of #OffTheGrid, my producer Alex and I break down DC's complicated marijuana initiative & it's biggest detractors.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That is exactly what I would like to see. I don't like the idea of licensing and taxing a plant. I would just like to be able to grow a little in my garden without suffering the heavy handed consequences.
I'm not interested in selling it. I very rarely consume it.
I just think it's a beautiful plant and I like the way it smells.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How are you supposed to grow it if you can't buy it? Do seeds fall into the same category as the flower itself? They should just legalize it but then that would hurt the for profit prison industry. Yes some crime has dropped in Colorado but other types of crime like assault has risen dramatically poor bags of Doritos and pizza suffer daily from the assault of stoners.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

you can buy seeds online ...look no further than amsterdam

and as far as the OP goes....you have my vote

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
originally posted by: skunkape23

I very rarely consume it.

With a name like Skunkape?

lol
edit on 2-11-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

www.freemarc.ca...

This man would disagree about the seed thing.
I know it can easily be done but its not really on the up and up till recently

(post by smithjustinb removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

well didnt he get a crappy deal......but if i read it right he was extradited from the canada to the U.S...so i am assuming he sold seeds out of canada .....

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ya but the US is who went and grabbed them cause at the time it was illegal to have seeds mailed into the states.
I think it is diff now, or at least state to state but his case was a big deal back in the day

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Not a good idea to legallise pot.... Why? To be honnest, I smoked a lot of the stuff from age 14 and it took away my ambition.. evrything was cool and relaxed and I had a ever lasting life. I know some kids have no problem with it at all and do what they must do with their lives. But would you take that chance with your kid?

Since the toleration of pot in the Netherlands it has become a pandemic among our youth and it seems as if it is quit normal for someone to lit up a joint. Many young aldults suffer from psychosis and can not face the reality of society. With other words it is not good for your kids brain. If an adult wants to use pot there is nothing wrong but because it is so very popular among kids I say do not legalise the stuff...it will get out of hand when it is easy to buy.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Sorry but the 'its bad for kids' argument is so played out cause legalizing it would not be for kids.
Obviously there would be an age limit, just like alcohol.
Yes kids gets drunk, and yes kids will get high, but that is life and it is going to happen anyway.
We can't have something that is good for adults be banned cause it is bad for those it is not meant for.
That comes down to parenting, not laws.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You think keeping it illegal is going to keep kids from using it? How's that working out so far?

Just like everything with a law attached to it, there will always be those who disregard the law. It's up to the parents to make sure their kids stay away from it with education and talking to them.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

tell me though if these same kids abused alcohol at an early age would it have an equal or worse effect on them into adulthood.....

age restrictions and warning should be put into place...

i am not so much of an advocate for the smoking of it because i do agree with you if abused it can have many detrimental effects...in saying that everyone reacts differently to it.....i am much more interested in it being legalized for the purpose of growing hemp.....hemp fibres have so many uses....the plant has so many medicinal uses...and it would be brilliant for the environment aswell.....just one example replacing cotton with hemp would reduce pesticide use by 50% in the U.S...that is a lot of pesticide....

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
. evrything was cool and relaxed and I had a ever Lasting life

Sounds Better Than My Childhood Lol

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You do realize that legalization makes it HARDER for children to get reefer...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thektotheg

Exactly!
It puts it in the hands of those that can regulate, not some guy or gal that you talk to once a week.
People that sell pot on the street right now do not want any sort of legalization, cause they know it will kill their business.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

When The Recreational Stores Sell Grams For Thirty Bucks Like They Do Here In Washington The Black Market Thrives Just As Well As Ever.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: thektotheg

Yup. I could get a couple buds way easier than a six pack of beer when I was 15

We've all been there right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join