It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the marijuana discussion BS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

When it comes to abuse, I think people can abuse anything from air to water to chocolate to video games.

Just because one person has a weak mentality and or weak will power doesn't mean everyone has therefore some are more likely to abuse things and in this case it doesn't have to be a drug. Every thing is abusable even people. And taking away what many could benefit from due to a scare of abuse by peoples in their own lives not yours is a selfish reason to limit or not allow anything especially a medicine.

edit on 3-11-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Most people want it legal so they can get stoned.....I'm ok with that. Just don't say it's for the health benefits.
Chocolate has antioxidants.
Wine is good for the heart.
In moderation.
The war on drugs is a waste of money anyhow.

You really should do some research and read what research science and doctors have spent many years doing. I guarantee you it is a much more effective medicine than most of the POISON big pharma is selling...oh ya, without ANY of the side effects.

Exactly! the feds wouldnt have the patent as a mediine on it if it wasnt beneficial.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ignorance is a bliss... I'm ok with legalizing the Marijuana. It will help us to save you from the dangers you might get in. Right now, it's the one who control this drug market the most dangerous. If we can cross that out, Marijuana user will be on danger of their own idiocy (and they aren't the worst). So lets do our job right, thake that s... out of the hand of criminals, and protected those who doesn't really whant bad thing to happen. When mari will be legal, with all the money in this market, I'm sure we could afford medical aid, detox center and informations distribution... In short, yeah mari is bad, but criminals are worst. The healt is the wrong debates...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Yea I agree with most so far. The benefits greatly outweigh the downfalls of legalizing marijuana. Anything can be abused. If I eat to much candy I'll mess up my teeth. People just need self control. I know I'd rather be on the road with someone high than drunk, but alcohol is legal. Like I've said before, Obesity is worse for you than being addicted to marijuana. Prove me wrong I dare ya.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Pfft. Why can't the bad stuff ever be discussed without people getting rude and bent out of shape over it?

Every single time there is an article concerning pro-marijuana information, users jump on it and do the old "See? I told you!" (and it will get flagged up here bigtime on ATS, sadly enough). But every time there is an article concerning the bad stuff about pot, people immediately dismiss it entirely. The con-marijuana stuff is immediately relegated to 'agenda' status, and here comes the conspiracy theorists. On the other hand, when something pro-marijuana comes out, none of these brainiacs ever research to see who came out with the information. I got news for you, a lot of BIG companies and corporations want to make money off pot and they fund research also. But users won't care about that whatsoever, as long as it fits there "Pot is completely harmless" narrative. Hilariously hypocritical and naive.

Too little is known about the brain, the mind, and marijuana itself for anyone to safely say "Marijuana is completely harmless". But that won't stop people from stating it anyway. Anecdotal evidence is all they need. "I've smoked for years... it did nothing". Yet, if we bring up a discussion about, say, anti-depressants and the completely unknown effects on the brain, the conversation will be quite the opposite, I assure you. Pfft.

The wise will always consider *both sides of the issue*.

I hope pot is decriminalized. No one should be able to tell us what we can do with our own bodies.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

He then looked at me like I only said that because I'm young....

He could have a point.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I guarantee you it is a much more effective medicine than most of the POISON big pharma is selling...oh ya, without ANY of the side effects.

EVERYTHING has side effects if abused even food!

Cocain was effective and used for headaches long ago, opium was effective to that is why so many spent their lives in opium dens feeling great! Marijuana is not a natural plant any longer and it will be more and more manipulated when it is legal until it is unrecognisable to the old 60's hippy crowd of love n peace.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Calalini

Like this:

All the Reasons Pot is Good for You

Myths about Marijuana

The Benefits of Marijuana

How does Marijuana Affect You?

Why can't the bad stuff ever be discussed without people getting rude and bent out of shape over it?

Well the past few I've posted in I've noticed the same thing everytime. Usually when we argue our side (Legalization), someone will resort to name calling that were just lazy pot heads that have no motivation in life. Or, your just a stoner that can't focus and can only manage to work at McDonald's. That's just my short lived experience here at ATS so far though.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
a reply to: Calalini

Like this:

All the Reasons Pot is Good for You

Myths about Marijuana

The Benefits of Marijuana

How does Marijuana Affect You?

Why can't the bad stuff ever be discussed without people getting rude and bent out of shape over it?

Well the past few I've posted in I've noticed the same thing everytime. Usually when we argue our side (Legalization), someone will resort to name calling that were just lazy pot heads that have no motivation in life. Or, your just a stoner that can't focus and can only manage to work at McDonald's. That's just my short lived experience here at ATS so far though.

Exactly, because ad hominem attacks are usually added into it. it just causes a cycle of arguments, instead of actually going anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join