It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE, recommend me a good science fiction movie.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Knights of Sidonia is a Netflix original Sci-Fi anime. Pretty damn good, only has twelve episodes right now. Thats should keep you busty for a day or two. Netflix really proved themselves IMO venturing into that territory and blew it out of the water.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just saw "Robot overlords".

What a great movie. Released in 2014, I cant believe this did not get more press in the states.

Its an original story with a great cast and EXCELLENT production.

I liked the hell out of it.

Check it out.
edit on 4 17 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You've probably seen these, but they are worth watching over and over again. I was surprised they weren't mentioned.

TV Series
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe

Movies
Stargate (1994)
Stargate - Ark Of Truth (2008)
Stargate - Continuum (2008)

I personally like SG-1 the best. I also heard rumors about them making a new Stargate Trilogy.

EDIT: Guess they aren't rumors.

The Stargate reboot was first heard about in May last year, but very little was and still is known in way of details. That should change quickly now that the writers have been chosen. It’s very unlikely we’ll see Kurt Russell or James Spader make an appearance, but will Emmerich want a big-name star featuring, or choose to go with a bunch of relatively unknown actors? Maybe this is all leading up to another Stargate series eventually?

www.geek.com...
edit on 4/19/2015 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I hate superhero type movies, but finally gave in to see "The Guardians of the Galaxy" - and loved it! It's sci-fi and humor, with a great soundtrack.

"The Zero Theorem" is good, if you like Terry Gilliams universe- as I do. ("Tideland" is one of my favorites too, which isn't really sci-fi though)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just watched :

Scintilla (the Hybrid)

What a great movie. Dark, creepy, and freaking awesome. Cool ending too. Leaves you wanting more.

@bluesma
Yeah "The Zero Theorem" was a smart and well made movie. I really liked it.

@digitalbluco
I heard about that. I cant wait. I wish they would have finished SG Universe but hey, it would be cool if they tie that in at least ONE episode and give us some closure.

edit on 4 19 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
tv shows are the ticket. the new FLASH tv show is fantastic. you can watch it on huluplus i think.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I just wanted to add the most recent kick ass sci fi film I have seen.

"Alien outpost"

What a GREAT movie. It was very well filmed and had excellent production. Very consistent throughout and with a KICKASS story behind it all.

You guys have to check it out. I give it a 8 out of ten. GOOD. Its not a big budget film either. It was just made by people who knew what the hell they are doing. Very talented people....hardly ANY flaws and a great cast. No, excellent.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Just saw another,

"Ejecta"

Creepy and dark sci-fi horror. Not really a gore fest, definitely not gross. It was well written though....the production was It was ok-ish. Out of ten, a solid 7.

I liked it, but I liked it for the story. It was cool.

Check it out.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Too many pages - would suggest Screamers imo Peter Weller plays one badass

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ok, I need to add this one

I just saw one of the best movies about time....travel? Time something.

its called, "TIME LAPSE"

You need to see it. That is all I can say. You will thank me.

BEST I have seen dealing with time....

HOLY CRAP what an ending.

Please. See it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I saw a movie last night that I enjoyed, don't know if it has been mentioned yet-
"Coherence".... no fancy special effects, but really shows what you can do with a low budget, an interesting concept, and some good actors. Thought provoking.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I really like Arrow.

But I thought the new Flash show was crap.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just read the wiki on coherence. Sounds awesome, gave me chills.
All those UK movies don't have full plot outline on Wikipedia. So annoying, I hate not knowing what happens in a movie before I see it.

a reply to: Bluesma

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Infini. A meh kind of movie, tbh. But if you're one who can use imagination to get past the B class and a few other shortcomings, I would recommend this movie. Very interesting overall concept imo! Just not executed in the greatest way.

Interesting to note, Chris Hemsworth's brother Luke Hemsworth is in this film.

Trailer doesn't exactly do it justice..

Basically, there is another planet where a unique and highly combustible resource was discovered. But some bad stuff goes down. Long story short they figure out that the crews gathering the resource, went crazy. They don't have all the info but they gather it could be an airborne contagion. Won't say too much.. Just that I enjoyed the twist and overall concept of the film.

Despite its shortcomings, it wasn't that bad, imo.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I watched Ex Machina and thought it was excellent. It's like a companion to Blade Runner or I, Robot in the way it dealt with sentience and the existentialism of artificial intelligence.

It has the same dark, bleakness as Blade Runner and is one of the few sci-fi movies in years to be so pessimistic.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Sorry if these have been said..

Pandorum is good.. and Vexille is an anime.. kinda long and drawn out, but the animation is really good.
Captain Harlock space pirate is cheesy, but the animation is sick and makes up for it...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I can second Ex Machina. It's a bit slow, but very cerebral, and visually stunning. Nice twist ending too.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join