It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Confirm 'First Contact' - Us or Them?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Think the movie was called The Abyss. They breathed a pink liquid.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I had to look it up but yeah that was the movie. Man that was a long time ago. I have seen a few other shows come up with at well but I think it is still sci-fi.

Edit to add after looking it up.

Seems that it isn't sci-fi anymore there has been a breathable liquid developed however it doesn't seem to be suited for deep diving because of the equipment needed.

liquid breathing

Seems they have a breathable liquid now called ‘LiquiVent‘. LiquiVent is an oily, clear liquid which is twice the density of water.

But there must be a downside, right?

Unfortunately, yes. For all the benefits, liquid breathing still involves one major difficulty — it’s much harder for a human’s lungs to move liquid in and out than it is to breathe a gas. The exchange rate of moving oxygen in and expelling carbon dioxide out falls sharply because our lungs are just not strong enough to efficiently move the liquid in and out of our lungs. Even though perflubron is so much better at carrying oxygen and carbon dioxide, that advantage is lost if you can’t circulate it rapidly enough. Without the use of a mechanical ventilator, it is especially problematic for someone who’s ill, and even a diver in top condition could get very tired after a few minutes of such laborious breathing during a deep and strenuous dive.

So yes, humans can technically “breathe” certain oxygen rich liquids. Unfortunately, we are only able to do it for a few short minutes because our lungs are not strong enough to circulate the mixture for any extended period of time. This may change in the future however, as scientists continue to experiment with new methods and exotic combination of chemical liquids.

zidbits.com...

Seems if they can come up with a workable liquid that isn't as dense then it can be game on for fast space exploration.
edit on 2-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have to go with the theories they've always been here, and Stanton Friedman's theory that we are a too war-like and we are all nationals, no earthling state of mind, no World representative. Who would the aliens make contact with? Which country? Which leader?

Aliens that can travel faster than light, time travel, create wormholes, etc, would most likely have the intelligence to observe our current events, world wide culture, and see the absolute worthlessness of making friends with humans, or the challenge of taking over our planet.

With that said most likely the space agencies will have first contact, through the discovery of extremophiles in our solar system, future telescopes discovering life on exoplanets, and lastly SETI confirming an intelligent signal.

There is something about ufology and the ancient alien theory that is coming up short, I don't think these alternative scientific theories are ever going to prosper. If a government agency detected alien visitors they would not reveal disclosure due to National Security and to the state of relationships and greed between leading nations.

There is always the possibility of a whistle blow from the Pope or some up and coming powerful nation, or corporation, proclaiming there has been a cover up of visiting aliens. So far all of the whistle blowers haven't provided any smoking gun.

The most reasonable answer is we will discover aliens through legit scientific research.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Thats interesting. As for it being too dense, why not place a tube down the throat that pumps the liquid in so that it circulates.
I'm certainly not offering to be a guinea pig though

From that movie I seem to remember the hardest part was getting that first breath of liquid!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Well they already use a mechanical ventilator in conjunction with it while doing certain medical procedures. The ideal IMo would be not having to depend on one especially for deep diving. I am not sure how powerful the pump would need to be but the thought of mechanical failure or a dead battery would terrify me.
edit on 2-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: o

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Why don't you ask all of the "millions" of earthlings who have claimed to have been abducted and, especially, the iconic Hills, where's-my-bankbook Travis Walton, Antonio Villas Boas, Betty Andreasson Luca, The Allagash Four. If anyone can "confirm", they were and are the best candidates.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've come to think that the question of contact isn't so much one of "revealing" or "discovering," it's more a matter of us getting smart enough to make sense of something that already exists, but is outside our range of perception and understanding. That leap of understanding might have to wait for our offspring to make -- and by offspring, I mean our intelligent machines.

We're not going to make humanity all that much smarter or more perceptive anytime in the near future. Not enough to comprehend what's really going on with "aliens."

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, I truly believe that If anyone truly does disclose the truth it will not be our government. I believe that many of us weather we like it or not, have been touched in some way by the story. Weather they are here or not. Many of us have decided that the circumstantial evidence sayss it all. Something different is going on. We all feel it.

I am training to be an aircraft engineer so the evidence that something different is flying through our sky. It is also evidence that man kind may have been Lied to for some time. Oh I'm sorry should I say we have been fed disinformation,, and sometimes laughable at that.

What it is or whom it is, is uncertain. But I do know now for sure the technology exists today that would give mankind the ability to reach for the stars, and in only a few years my opinion my be verified, if not sooner.

If it is that they do decide to come out, if they are even here, the discussion needs to be made of what is to be our plan. As we know it either will be Et, or it could be tptb playing there little games with mankind's tech and this will be mostly illusion.

Or we are all just nuts
edit on 3-11-2014 by CaptNemo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The answer is obviously neither one. They are already here and have been forever...and as a whole we ignore the evidence, which is massive.
Even you're ignoring it with this thread of something historically, archaeologically, spiritually and scientifically sound by evidence.
Quit looking at the skies and look around you...read up a bit.
They are here....

Yes, this, if you don't agree with this you haven't done your homework or have just been well brainwashed by the MSM, don't feel bad I used to be as well.

Apparently night vision goggles work well at night, look at the skies, you will see some things that are not satellites, planes or shooting stars.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Sticking to your key word 'confirm' means putting aside speculation about particular sightings reports. I expect, in that case, it'll probably be up to them to make First Contact.

It's going to be decades and maybe longer before we're sending people to Mars. Maybe we'll send probes from there? I don't know. When I think about it, it's hard to see us going further than our inner planets for at least a century*. Physically exiting the Solar System could be 2 or 3 hundred years away...maybe longer? Probes/messengers could be quicker, but where would we send them? Kapteyn? A Gliese?

On the other hand, if there's a *they* and they have a head-start on us, there's more chance of them making it here than the other way around. If there's more than one *they* the chances would naturally increase. Aside from concepts of interdimensional travel, they'd need to be at the level of travelling in space. We'd be into the Type 1 and 2 civs; those who have overcome the issues if interstellar travel.

If we identify a moon/planet that has technological life, it'd take us decades to send a transmission there and decades for them to return it. Imagine an exoplanet/moon that's 50lya? Each message would take a century to be returned and our respective societies might be unrecognisable at each step.

* unless there's a profound new direction in technology

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Until FTL can be proven at least beyond the point of speculation which is where it is at now the possibility that ET has visited earth at this point in time which for the pupose of our coversation encompases the 200,000 years man has inhabited earth seems pretty far fetched.

Status of "Warp Drive"

Billions of planets that we think may be conducive for life but which ones? ET would be faced with that same question the chances of ET picking ours are pretty slim and when you factor in the chances of picking ours and reaching us in this technological era well hitting the lotto never seemed like such great odds before. But hey maybe FTL is possible and if it is then it could be possible they gambled and found us. Who knows I can't say for sure I can only look at the odds assuming FTL is possible.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If the government hasn't disclosed the truth by now, it seems unlikely they will ever disclose the truth unless some event forces their hand. Even then, I think their previous knowledge and actions regarding the subject will still be obfuscated to the highest degree possible.

Even if all of the rumors and stories about US government / UFO involvement were true, if aliens forced disclosure via unequivocal public events broadcast live on TV and witnessed by thousands or millions first hand, I think the government would pretend this was really the first they had ever seen of proof of alien visitation.

Give us 50 years of open communication and daily personal exchanges with benevolent extraterrestrial races and we might then see past government knowledge and involvement disclosed. Or, if the aliens were so open in their own public disclosure that they revealed the history of their presence on Earth and interactions with Earthly governments. Short of those or similar events, the truth would likely never be told.

If Aliens forced disclosure of their presence, or even began open public communications, you can also bet with great certainty that the government would just re-tune their disinformation machine into a propaganda machine to try to influence our perceptions and analysis of contact events in a way conducive with their own agendas.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If there are super-intelligent and hyper-advanced beings out there and in our general vicinity, who says they want to talk to us in the first place? Are we so self-involved as a species that we actually expect a space-faring civilization to give us attention? We're still so busy with primitive activities such as religious genocide and menacing one another with atomic weapons that all these sightings are probably akin to when we slow down to gape at a traffic accident: just a brief pause to glimpse at the carnage and shake their heads before zooming off toward their original destination without a second thought.

And we think they would want a conversation with us? About what? They'd probably hit the block button as fast as we do on Facebook or Skype, and they'd be right to do so. They are intelligent, for they will not talk to us.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The answer is obviously neither one. They are already here and have been forever...and as a whole we ignore the evidence, which is massive.
Even you're ignoring it with this thread of something historically, archaeologically, spiritually and scientifically sound by evidence.
They are here....

The volume of evidence may be massive but none of it is undeniable proof.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

They are here....

Yes, this, if you don't agree with this you haven't done your homework or have just been well brainwashed by the MSM, don't feel bad I used to be as well.

Apparently night vision goggles work well at night, look at the skies, you will see some things that are not satellites, planes or shooting stars.

Well I have done a little homework and I respectfully disagree. I refuse to be brainwashed by the alternative or mainstream media. Evidence is a aplenty. But no one can come up with definitive proof.

Night vision?

Well judge for yourself. You may see some things that are not satellites, planes or shooting stars. Possibly bugs and birds too.

But I do believe one day we might find definitive proof.

I tend to think it will be an announcement that we've found an ancient artefact here on earth or perhaps out in the solar system. Or maybe we'll get a distant signal from space that will be confirmed. I really doubt it will be a face to face meeting.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X
We're still so busy with primitive activities such as religious genocide and menacing one another with atomic weapons that all these sightings are probably akin to when we slow down to gape at a traffic accident: just a brief pause to glimpse at the carnage and shake their heads before zooming off toward their original destination without a second thought.

I doubt that we're the baddest asses in the galaxy, if there are other creatures out there. And our relative cruelty to each other would be of no more consequence to them than bacteria attacking a loaf of bread. At a certain point, we really become inconsequential to them in any way. Not worth even the slightest consideration. They might not even consider us to be living creatures much less intelligent, according to the way they define those things.

In that case, we'll have to detect them, if we can. Catch some secondary ripple in some realm of trans-dimensional space that we don't even know about yet.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

We're still so busy with primitive activities such as religious genocide and menacing one another with atomic weapons that all these sightings are probably akin to when we slow down to gape at a traffic accident: just a brief pause to glimpse at the carnage and shake their heads before zooming off toward their original destination without a second thought.

I doubt that we're the baddest asses in the galaxy, if there are other creatures out there. And our relative cruelty to each other would be of no more consequence to them than bacteria attacking a loaf of bread. At a certain point, we really become inconsequential to them in any way. Not worth even the slightest consideration. They might not even consider us to be living creatures much less intelligent, according to the way they define those things.

In that case, we'll have to detect them, if we can. Catch some secondary ripple in some realm of trans-dimensional space that we don't even know about yet.

If they exist and do visit us, I suspect they'll regard us like we regard rabbits in a field. We don't stop a rabbit and say, "Take me to your leader."

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Blue Shift

If they exist and do visit us, I suspect they'll regard us like we regard rabbits in a field. We don't stop a rabbit and say, "Take me to your leader."

Well actually we are the fifth iteration of humans. the 1-4th have since moved on out into the universe or died off. Its not that aliens will ever reveal themselves but if th e powers that be allow them to do it one day.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Science will be the common language of communication, as science rules are the same everywhere. The same chemicals react the same way, the same numbers add up the same way, the same laws of physics apply no matter what. Science is how we will relate and communicate with any alien species.

It's likely that any alien expedition to our planet will either be exploratory or militaristic in nature. We'd better hope it's not the latter.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

thats quite a statement ... do you have any links for info on that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join