It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Confirm 'First Contact' - Us or Them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The concept of beings from other worlds goes way back deep into history.
A 2nd Century story “True History” from Lucian of Samosata details a battle between people of the sun and the moon.

REF: Wiki Link

There are various religious texts, strange statues, painting and glyphs from around the world that have often been cited as ‘evidence’ of the existence of beings “not of this world”. I should warn everyone to "be wary of Greeks Bearing Quiffs” at any point in time on this subject.

HG Wells fictional “War of the Worlds” paints a frightening vision of alien invasion from our planetary neighbour Mars in the closing years of the 19th century. Whilst we haven’t ruled out finding some form of microbial life there it seems intelligent beings are long gone if they ever inhabited the red planet.

The 1950s saw the growth of contactee movements. People who claimed they had been contacted by extra-terrestrial beings. Many of these beings were supposedly from the planets of our own Solar System but chose seemingly random members of the public rather than world leaders to speak to. But then there is that story of how President Eisenhower met with aliens on a number of occasions.

Our scientific advances left many of the contactee movement’s claims looking ridiculous well before the 20th century ended. Those beings from the ‘Planets of the solar system’ stories seem naive and silly in the 21st century. So much so that only very few make these sort of claims these days.

After the alleged Hill abduction in the 1960s and many years of research, Marjorie Fish came up with a star map indicating the home planet(s) of the aliens involved being in orbit around Zeta Reticuli 1 and 2.

Whilst there are many elements of that story that remain questionable at least we have an idea where ET came from in this case.
During the next 30 years we have many more stories to sift through but very few pinpointing the planetary origins of our visitors. Then along came the Serpo story around a decade ago. Zeta Reticuli was again mentioned as being the home world for an interstellar exchange program with our planet.

According to Wiki – the star system is located at a distance of 12 parsecs from the Earth. Coincidentally this is the same distance as Han Solo’s ‘Kessel Run’ in Star Wars. Even if that never quite made any sense really. To date we have not been able to detect any planets orbiting these sun-like stars.

Of course there are also a number of quasi-religious like groups who believe in various beings who are here (or somewhere) to oversee the raising of our spiritual awareness. But so far as we know it, despite all of the claims of alien contact on this planet we have never been able to locate a home world for any of the alleged visitors.

Zeta Reticuli is actually an interesting neighbouring star system and maybe one day we’ll discover one or more Earth like planets in orbit. We’ve been detecting exo-planets for 3 decades now. It will not be long before we will have the ability to detect signs of life beyond our own solar system.

“Our own Galaxy has 100 billion stars, and our Universe has upwards of 100 billion galaxies — making the chance for life elsewhere seem inevitable based on sheer probability,” ....

“We can say with certainty that, for the first time in human history, we are finally on the verge of being able to search for signs of life beyond our solar system around the nearest hundreds of stars.”

Source : Discovery.com

So place your bets :

Will a technologically ‘superior’ alien civilization finally reveal themselves to us first?

Or will it be us finding and phoning ET ?

ET Phones Home : But will we have called first?

edit on 2/11/14 by mirageman because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why does it always have to be beings from other worlds?

They will never make contact on any overt level, or in any way that could potentially alter our destiny.

IF real aliens from another world do ever travel here from another world, I doubt their contact would be desired in any way. Resources, and motive are important factors for even the most advanced beings in this universe. They won't come here unless there is some benefit that makes it worthwhile. It wouldn't be pretty.

imo

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The answer is obviously neither one. They are already here and have been forever...and as a whole we ignore the evidence, which is massive.
Even you're ignoring it with this thread of something historically, archaeologically, spiritually and scientifically sound by evidence.
Quit looking at the skies and look around you...read up a bit.
They are here....

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

The concept of beings from other worlds goes way back deep into history.
A 2nd Century story “True History” from Lucian of Samosata details a battle between people of the sun and the moon.

REF: Wiki Link

There are various religious texts, strange statues, painting and glyphs from around the world that have often been cited as ‘evidence’ of the existence of beings “not of this world”. I should warn everyone to "be wary of Greeks Bearing Quiffs” at any point in time on this subject.

HG Wells fictional “War of the Worlds” paints a frightening vision of alien invasion from our planetary neighbour Mars in the closing years of the 19th century. Whilst we haven’t ruled out finding some form of microbial life there it seems intelligent beings are long gone if they ever inhabited the red planet.

The 1950s saw the growth of contactee movements. People who claimed they had been contacted by extra-terrestrial beings. Many of these beings were supposedly from the planets of our own Solar System but chose seemingly random members of the public rather than world leaders to speak to. But then there is that story of how President Eisenhower met with aliens on a number of occasions.

Our scientific advances left many of the contactee movement’s claims looking ridiculous well before the 20th century ended. Those beings from the ‘Planets of the solar system’ stories seem naive and silly in the 21st century. So much so that only very few make these sort of claims these days.

After the alleged Hill abduction in the 1960s and many years of research, Marjorie Fish came up with a star map indicating the home planet(s) of the aliens involved being in orbit around Zeta Reticuli 1 and 2.

Whilst there are many elements of that story that remain questionable at least we have an idea where ET came from in this case.
During the next 30 years we have many more stories to sift through but very few pinpointing the planetary origins of our visitors. Then along came the Serpo story around a decade ago. Zeta Reticuli was again mentioned as being the home world for an interstellar exchange program with our planet.

According to Wiki – the star system is located at a distance of 12 parsecs from the Earth. Coincidentally this is the same distance as Han Solo’s ‘Kessel Run’ in Star Wars. Even if that never quite made any sense really. To date we have not been able to detect any planets orbiting these sun-like stars.

Of course there are also a number of quasi-religious like groups who believe in various beings who are here (or somewhere) to oversee the raising of our spiritual awareness. But so far as we know it, despite all of the claims of alien contact on this planet we have never been able to locate a home world for any of the alleged visitors.

Zeta Reticuli is actually an interesting neighbouring star system and maybe one day we’ll discover one or more Earth like planets in orbit. We’ve been detecting exo-planets for 3 decades now. It will not be long before we will have the ability to detect signs of life beyond our own solar system.

“Our own Galaxy has 100 billion stars, and our Universe has upwards of 100 billion galaxies — making the chance for life elsewhere seem inevitable based on sheer probability,” ....

“We can say with certainty that, for the first time in human history, we are finally on the verge of being able to search for signs of life beyond our solar system around the nearest hundreds of stars.”

Source : Discovery.com

So place your bets :

Will a technologically ‘superior’ alien civilization finally reveal themselves to us first?

Or will it be us finding and phoning ET ?

ET Phones Home : But will we have called first?

You didn't cite the source of the photo you posted. Taken entirely out of context, it's meaningless. If it's a section of a rock art panel and not the entire rock art panel and the culture isn't taken into consideration, it's also out of context. More information, please.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The likelihood that we are being visited in person is remote. That we are being visited by proxy, slightly less so.

On the other hand, it's likely we would receive a secondary indication of their existence. Since we haven't done so, and not for lack of trying, it really does beg the question that Fermi asked.

I'd give "us finding them" a bit of an edge but actual contact? Not anytime soon. Not till we leave this planetary round and for a good time after.
edit on 11/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Nice work. Iv'e seen a craft so for me its not a matter of belief. I know they are 'round.

They decloak once in a while, just a little bit.

As far as contact on an open or regular basis with most everyone, that would upset the apple cart.

I don't go into my garden and try to make contact with the vegetables. Whats the point? Their job is to grow. Mine is to see that they do.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Who knows? But I do know that the ones involved are having a great time keeping the planet in the dark about it. All the awakening the public about aliens is timed properly in my opinion. Things are released only when they're ready for the world.

The ones in power manipulate and control. Many people commit crimes without TPTB's interference. This doesn't sound like a planet that's ready to explore and interact with other civilizations. Look at what we do to ourselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Would be able to recognise there attempts to communicate with us?
When we look at an ants nest how would we know if some of those ants were trying to communicate with us? We wouldn't, and it could be just as difficult for an alien race to get our attention, because for all we know they might be the size of a flea!!! We must stop assuming they are like us!

IMO they've already made contact, we're just not allowed to know yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

If ET could cross light years ET could quite unequivocally get our attention if ET so desired.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Haven’t they have already revealed themselves to us in all kinds of ways.

Do they have to go on CNN and have press conference?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If ET could cross light years ET could quite unequivocally get our attention if ET so desired.

I dont doubt it, but its also possible there's et's out there that are so different they might not even recognise us as life. Also, I recently read somewhere that we're only aware of about 5% of what makes up our universe, so what if et were part of that other 95%? Its possible they can see us but we cant see them?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

We've barely scratched the surface. Many secrets of our own planet are unknown or completely misunderstood. Parts of it haven't been explored yet.

Assuming life is like us allover is wrong, I agree. People have encountered beings that defy explanation, I'm sure some species that view us think we're too outrageous. Others probably don't care lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If aliens have made it to our tiny spec in the universe I doubt they would make themselves known to us on a worldwide scale on purpose if they were here on a friendly basis. It would be a different story if they came to conquer.

If they came as explorers I think they would have at least as much intelligence as we do and realize our species is to warlike and still steeped in religion where making themselves known to us would be disastrous at least to us.

If positions were reversed and we had travel capabilities to speed across the galaxies I would like to think we would have sense enough to leave civilizations such as ours alone at least until they grew out of certain traits.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Assuming life is like us allover is wrong

Absolutely, just look whats on our own planet! Look at the weird stuff that swims in our oceans! yet just about every person seems to think that et will have two arms two legs a head and be about the same size as us and speak a through its mouth.

With oceans (at least on our own planet) being the most likely place for life to start its very likely an et might fly about in a space ship full of water instead of air. Anything is possible, but being simmilar to us I think is highly unlikely.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If positions were reversed and we had travel capabilities to speed across the galaxies I would like to think we would have sense enough to leave civilizations such as ours alone at least until they grew out of certain traits.

I think thats unlikely. If we found another planet with life on it the first question would be - How much can we take them for?
edit on 2-11-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

With oceans (at least on our own planet) being the most likely place for life to start its very likely an et might fly about in a space ship full of water instead of air.

I kind of doubt there being a alien race capable of such feats existing that developed in water. The ability to use fire is probably one of the requirements for such a civilization then there is electricity.

However a ship full of water I do find plausible after the fact of building such a society. Travel through space would be much easier on a life form that was amphibious because G forces are greatly reduced in a water environment. Tight turns and rapid exceleration/deceleration wouldn't flaten whatever being would be in the ship.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

With oceans (at least on our own planet) being the most likely place for life to start its very likely an et might fly about in a space ship full of water instead of air.

I kind of doubt there being a alien race capable of such feats existing that developed in water. The ability to use fire is probably one of the requirements for such a civilization then there is electricity.

Yeh, it was just an example, but its still possible. There is fire deep in our own oceans that an intelligent water born creature could manage to use, and electricity can be sealed of from water.

However a ship full of water I do find plausible after the fact of building such a society. Travel through space would be much easier on a life form that was amphibious because G forces are greatly reduced in a water environment. Tight turns and rapid exceleration/deceleration wouldn't flaten whatever being would be in the ship.

Thats a very good point! Being suspended in a liquid would prevent the occupants being thrown about, but pressure would increase whenever g-forces were introduced. But then the whole ship wouldn't need to be flooded, the occupants could be sealed in little capsules of liquid, that would reduce any pressures caused by gforces.
Hmmm, quietly sneaks of to the patent office....

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

You didn't cite the source of the photo you posted. Taken entirely out of context, it's meaningless. If it's a section of a rock art panel and not the entire rock art panel and the culture isn't taken into consideration, it's also out of context. More information, please.

There are many similar depictions

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Betty Hill's initial description under hypnosis about this map:

....he pulled out a map. He asked me if had ever seen a map like this before.

It was a map.. it wasn't square. It was wider than it was long. And there were all these dots on it and they were scattered all over it. Some were just pin points and others were as big as a nickel.. and there were lines. Some of the dots... there were curved lines going from one dot to another. There was one big circle and it had a lot of lines coming out from it. A lot of lines going to another circle quite close, but not as big. These were heavy lines.

No where did she mention the map being viewed from a 3-dimensional perspective. It was described by her in 2-dimensional values, i.e.- it was wider than longer, dots scattered all over it, he pulled out a map. This was her description at the time of her hypnosis. But, Marjorie Fish's interpretation of her map was 3-dimensional and laid out using beads hung on string or wire. She viewed this model and many others she had constructed from different angles until she more or less had a close representation of Bettys star map. In many subsequent telling of the Hill's story, it is updated to say the "leader" showed Betty a 3-dimensional star map. This is not part of her initial telling of the story.

The screen grabs below are from a Betty and Barney Hill abduction story with the maps displayed at a museum at the time. Both are pin point layouts of Betty Hill's map she drew from hypnosis and from Marjorie Fish's map at the angle in which she found the best match of Betty's map. Both are missing the adjoining lines to the trade and exploration routes between systems/suns. It's been made out that the maps are practically exact copies of each other. As you can see, they are not.

Carl Sagan pointed out on an episode of Cosmos, the eye is biased to the connection because the lines are copied from one map to the other:
YouTube-Sagan

Also, Majoire Fish's map is taken from a 1969 version of Wilhelm Gliese's "Catalog of Nearby Stars." At the time, distances and information about the listed stars were not known in much detail relative to today. Therefore, her interpretation should be updated to reflect the current knowledge and discoveries of what we know today. In order to keep this map relevant to alien visitation, believers have to rely upon this older version. Anyone truly searching for facts of this incident would be applying the latest information to this map and welcome any updates.

Here's a link to updated information.
www.armaghplanet.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

There is fire deep in our own oceans that an intelligent water born creature could manage to use, and electricity can be sealed of from water.

There isn't fire in our oceans there is heat and magma neither of which is reproducible unless the creature can make the heat with its own body which seems kind of destructive. It took learning about electricity before we knew how to seal it which would be a very shocking experience maybe even deadly for a water creature. In either instance I can only see a water world creature mastering either if it developed those abilities biologically.

Being suspended in a liquid would prevent the occupants being thrown about, but pressure would increase whenever g-forces were introduced. But then the whole ship wouldn't need to be flooded, the occupants could be sealed in little capsules of liquid, that would reduce any pressures caused by gforces.
Hmmm, quietly sneaks of to the patent office....

I am not sure what you plan on patenting I learned about those things in high school science classes. All of that has been fairly well understood for quite some time. As far as occupants in capsules of liquid unless you figure a way to supply oxygen to their bodies without them using their lungs the occupants will die. If they are breathing through a tube/mask/snorkel their lungs will still be crushed by G forces. Maybe even more so because of the added fluid in the capsule. If someone could oxygenate a breathable liquid like in some sci-fi movie I once saw then not only could we explore space easier but the depths of our oceans.

Also water is an excellent insulator from solar radiation. Added bonus.

Like i said I think an amphibian species would have advantages to space exploration.

Shakes fist
and yells damn you evolution.
edit on 2-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join