It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Millenial vs Boomer Debate, Oh Your Going to Love This...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh god be more realistic. Stop being rediculous. There are obvious parameters we can use, statistics and averages can be compiled. There exist data and statistics compiled to support generalizations.

They are averages, percentages, different points of view. Simply pretending to ignore them won't change it.

Simply believing that averages, statistics, and medians can actually project a truly defined picture of the human animal (or any other subject) is where your naivety is coming into play.

Averages and statistics exist for the sole purpose of generalization.

They are not exact sciences.

Therefore, utilizing them to try to actually pinpoint and define is illogical and nonsensical.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Welcome to the 'born into an effed up world' conundrum. Coming of age during the Vietnam War and the draft wasn't a piece of cake, either.

It's been the same deal always. As far as I can tell, the only thing that changes anything is pitchforks and People's Courts, a standing militia, guillotines, and the nerve to do what has to be done.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I watched it and it was a good show/debate. Thanks for posting it. I'm going to be saving this website to my favorites so I can watch the other seasons.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Yes, and every generation that came before the current one has its own share of doers and slackers.

And when the 'millenials' become old farts, the next generation to follow them (whatever name they'll be given) will be saying the same damn thing about 'millenials' and pointing the finger at them for all their woes.

Pointing fingers and blindly ignoring the true problems that each and every damn generation faces decade after decade.

Time has a way of teaching us these ugly realities, and the 'millenials' will also learn this lesson like the rest of us have, in their own due time.

And around and around it goes.

*yawn*

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Simply believing that averages, statistics, and medians can actually project a truly defined picture of the human animal (or any other subject) is where your naivety is coming into play.

Averages and statistics exist for the sole purpose of generalization.

They are not exact sciences.

Therefore, utilizing them to try to actually pinpoint and define is illogical and nonsensical.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^
When you look at civilization as a whole, there are very few absolutes in the demographic you would like to achieve, therefore the whole equation IMO is mute. Define the parameters of a millennial kid born in New York and a millennial kid born to a Pigmy tribe in Africa. Good luck

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

When you look at civilization as a whole, there are very few absolutes in the demographic you would like to achieve, therefore the whole equation IMO is mute. Define the parameters of a millennial kid born in New York and a millennial kid born to a Pigmy tribe in Africa. Good luck

Or better yet...

Try to set statistical parameters of a millenial kid born in New York and a millenial kid living right next door to him.

Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Awwww maaaan

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Boomers? what an irresponsible, lazy, dirty, and obese group of people. I believe their generation pissed all over our planet and now taunt us as we start to clean up their mess. Their group has done nothing but leech off the younger generations and whine about it. Don't worry though, as soon as you "holier than thou" freeloaders get a little older we will push for euthanasia for the elderly (just kidding but you better show some respect=P)

This is mainly said in jest for most of you boomers FYI. I aim only at those that sit and cast judgement upon us.

*this message brought to you by a proud member of generation x*
edit on 2-11-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join