It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After much debate.. I have a solution for the U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

It wouldn't matter. If America magically paid off 100% of its debt today, we'd be right back where we were in a year. It does no good to pay off debt, if the underlying problem isn't solved to begin with.

edit on 11/5/2014 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'd cut us dumb, dumb Americans a little slack, with that two party system we have taken this country from those 13 original backwater colonies to being a Global economic and military Superpower which although may be presently faltering and recently has been constricting it's people's rights has done very well for it's citizens on the whole.

edit on 5-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I'd cut us dumb, dumb Americans a little slack, with that two party system we have taken this country from those 13 original backwater colonies to being a Global economic and military Superpower which although may be presently faltering and recently has been constricting it's people's rights has done very well for it's citizens on the whole.

O get real!

The USA has only recently become a two party state!

It may have done right in the past but the whole reason your country is faltering and its economy stagnating is because those 2 party's have grown stale and corrupt!

Bury your head in the sand and continue voting repulicon and democrap and you will see the USA fall from that top spot within the next 20-50 years.

So go all RAR RAR about your history and Bury you head in red white and blue sand but the fast is those two party's have outlived there use and you need change!

O and a little history Britain remand the world super power for 200 years with a multi party parliament. Only thing that toppled the UK from the top spot was taking the brunt of 2 world wars and foreign caused depression So 2 party's mean F all, it just one step below a 1 party state anyway.

Our multi party system in the UK has also got us out the 2007 recession quicker than the USA and has given us one of the fastest growing western economy's in the world......at least until the USA screw it up again......

for any American that voted 3rd party I excuse you from the title "dumb dumb". But if you voted for the main 2 party s your responsible for the downfall of the USA......
edit on 5-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So go all RAR RAR about your history and Bury you head in red white and blue sand....

O and a little history Britain remand the world super power for 200 years

Typical

You go from belittling someone over what you perceive as them being 'RAR RAR' to bragging about your own country.

Meh......

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

So go all RAR RAR about your history and Bury you head in red white and blue sand....

O and a little history Britain remand the world super power for 200 years

Typical

You go from belittling someone over what you perceive as them being 'RAR RAR' to bragging about your own country.

Meh......

Which is exactly what you did in the post above. Your the one that brought up super powers and history first.
Or can only Americans do that?

In facts I was not even bragging just pointing out some facts:
1) UK parliament has had multiple parties
2) UK was a super power for around 200 years
3) WW1, the great depression, WW2 was what made the USA take that spot
4) It now has one of the faster growing economy's in the west.

Thats not bragging just stating fact.

My point was anyway the USA 2 party state is not a strength as you think but a weakness as it has been used to erode away the USA freedoms over the last 30 years. Just look how far the USA has fallen on freedom rankings and that due to policy's started under republicans and Democrats. To deny that fact is to bury ones head in the sand.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Which is exactly what you did in the post above. Your the one that brought up super powers and history first.
Or can only Americans do that?

Is it a fact or not that the US is an economic and military superpower?

That's not bragging or being RAR RAR, anymore than you were while pointing out the fact that the UK was one for 200 years.

Thats not bragging just stating fact.

As was I, you just took it as being 'RAR, RAR'
edit on 5-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Looked through the thread and did not find the word 'visa' anywhere up to now.

H1-B visas are a big problem in America. If you're not American working in the corporate world, you wouldn't be aware of these... In other countries, they are called something else. It goes on outside of the US as well.

H1-B visas visas and H2-B visas allow foreign workers to come into the US to take supposedly 'whatever spare jobs are available' that Americans can't or will not fill.

But that's not how it really works... Corporations prefer foreign workers in America, so that they can pay approx. half the salary an American would get, right in the US. So Americans are displaced, while foreign workers take their jobs... right here in their own country.

I'm not talking about minimum wage or trade jobs. H1-B visa people displace Americans that (used to) work in I.T., making 80-100K a year. No more for many of them, even though their skills qualify them to work there.

There used to be a cap set by con g ress for how many can come in. These days however, the sky is the limit.

An offshoot problem with foreign workers coming in is that many of them have their native country and family there as their first loyalty. So the local economies where they are - are not stimulated like they should be. This is because many of them save any extra money to send back to their families, to whatever non-US country they originate from.
edit on 5/11/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

My point was anyway the USA 2 party state is not a strength as you think but a weakness as it has been used to erode away the USA freedoms over the last 30 years. Just look how far the USA has fallen on freedom rankings and that due to policy's started under republicans and Democrats. To deny that fact is to bury ones head in the sand.

I appreciate the time you have taken as a UK citizen giving this American your opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Ok I concede your point there if that was your intention.

I just did not see the relevance of bring that fact up. My focus was not on past US achievements which are impressive but the decline I have seen over the past 20 years.

I dont want the USA to fall. But it will on its current trend.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I appreciate the time you have taken as a UK citizen giving this American your opinion.

ATS is a international forum. Dont want other country's opinions? Go to a American only site.

Fact is the USA is slipping. Deflecting and ignoring such statements is not going to help anyone.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

Though rules need tightened you cant do without H1-B and 2Bvisas as some company's do need experts from abroad.

eg I was working on a project in a pharma company. We had developed a process in the UK that needed to be set up in the USA. Only we had the knowledge how it was done so they had to send one of us to work in Chicago for 5 years. I was offered the job and it was at the same wage as American employees (was low 6 figures), I declined as didn't want to move to Chicago but someone else went. We also had a few Americans over in the UK on the same sort of Visa to set things up here.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I bet that was many years ago. That is how the H1-B visa system was supposed to work. Unfortunately now, not so much. The program is generally abused by greed these days.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Fact is the USA is slipping. Deflecting and ignoring such statements is not going to help anyone.

I haven't deflected nor ignored those facts, I even acknowledged those facts in my original reply to you, which you deflected and ignored.

which although may be presently faltering and recently has been constricting it's people's rights has done very well for it's citizens on the whole.

Now with regards to what you wrote earlier

Its all irrelevant it seems as the dumb dumb American public have just voted in favour of the 2 party system as always....

O get real!

The USA has only recently become a two party state!

Well, which is it?

'As always' or 'only recently become a two party state!'

Were you wrong the first time or the second?

Were you ever right ?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
I bet that was many years ago. That is how the H1-B visa system was supposed to work. Unfortunately now, not so much. The program is generally abused by greed these days.

Was in 2010 so it is being used still in some cases for its intended purpose. I would say not to scrap the system but tighten it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I haven't deflected nor ignored those facts, I even acknowledged those facts in my original reply to you, which you deflected and ignored.

No and I maybe have read wrong but you seem to be implying that the 2 party system is working and defending it when clearly it needs a reboot.

Please correct me if im wrong.

If you voted 3rd party then you are obviously not a "dumb dumb" as its only those that support the 2 party's im referring too, and so I dont know why your replying.

Well, which is it?

'As always' or 'only recently become a two party state!'

Were you wrong the first time or the second?

Were you ever right ?

Both.

as Always refers to the the last 27 years I have been alive and seen US elections. So take that as meaning very "recent" history.

The second can refer to the last 100 years which which on the scale of things is still recent.

This is nitpicking really.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Because of First Past the Post voting in the United States we will never have a viable third party and we have not had one in close to 200 years at the national level.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

No and I maybe have read wrong but you seem to be implying that the 2 party system is working and defending it when clearly it needs a reboot.

Take what has been written at face value and attempt to ignore what you may be projecting into/onto it would be a good start. I'd start by giving 315 Million Americans some slack, we are working on the problems with our two party system.

Please correct me if im wrong

Just have

If you voted 3rd party then you are obviously not a "dumb dumb" as its only those that support the 2 party's im referring too

The opinion has already been noted.

and so I dont know why your replying.....

ATS is a international forum. Dont want other country's opinions? Go to a American only site

Don't want an American's point of view on an international site discussing American politics?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It hard to give slack when they have voted for the exact same party's that have gotten them into this mess.

I dont see how anything is going to change. The republicans will just run with the same crap as before just like the democrats did, there will be no change.

If in 50 year Im wrong Il give you $1000 USD as we will like both be wealthy and prosperous, if Im right you can give me $1000 (which will likely be worth 1 cent if it all goes tits up) or if we are both in Chinese work camps you can have my days rations.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Instead of taxing the rich, the US should just seize all assets but a few the rich can continue to use such as their homes. With the money gained, jobs should be created which contribute to robotizing society. After two decades, everyone could have free clothing, food and a home. It might appear communistic but people will still have to contribute to society if only by going back to school for re-education after the major overhaul of society.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
Instead of taxing the rich, the US should just seize all assets but a few the rich can continue to use such as their homes. With the money gained, jobs should be created which contribute to robotizing society. After two decades, everyone could have free clothing, food and a home. It might appear communistic but people will still have to contribute to society if only by going back to school for re-education after the major overhaul of society.

Yeaaaah noooooooo...............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join