It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After much debate.. I have a solution for the U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

My solutions? I already gave it. Scrap the US.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I can go with that but things need to be discussed, scrapping the U.S. is going to open up a massive power vacuum.

We need to tackle the issues of today and it's posible that start over should be part of the conversation.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We always seem to get caught up in emotions and big picture.
I have seen some specific things I agree with and some I do not.
I wonder if we just agree on one move at a time and go from there.

I think from what I read we could all agree that high up on the list
should be term limits on public office. How can we make this number
one and push this?

I think consensus on any one issue first could start a change as long as we
push that and not things that encompass burning down the whole house at once.

BTW I agree we need a pretty large renovation, just not all at once.

We need a likeminded plan that we have a majority agreeing on.
A simple plan, one step at a time.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Further suggestions
These will be more USA based

13) Dissolving of the Secret service, The president of the USA and any senator ect can be protected by the same LEO the public is protected by!

14) dissolve many alphabet agency's that do similar or the same things.

Examples: ATF/ DEA can be merged into the FBI. DIA can be merged into the CIA. TSA duty's can be given over to local LEO and United States Customs and Border Protection. Id merge United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement with United States Customs and Border Protection.

15) Police cameras.

(for UK too)
16) Total legalisation of cannabis with a tax on recreational purchases.

17) Decriminalisation of all drugs for possession (manufacturing/trafficking and dealing would still be dealt with with harsh penalty's)

18) Legislation and heavy regulation of prostitution (not something I like but you cant stop it).

edit on 2-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

As a first step in your new order of American politics, you should include an iron clad rule that states anyone who wants to be in party politics are barred from serving.

Only instead have a kind of lottery draw, with people above a certain educational level included on the list...kind of like mandatory Jury service but instead 'mandatory political service'.

A true Government of the people, by the people.

IOW, those who actively seek political power should never be allowed to serve, at least without a barrage of psychological and personality testing, as most of them are narcissistic psychopaths.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A potential solution would be to create manufacturing cooperatives. These are businesses owned in near-equality by the workers, so they are not feeding profits to shareholders other than themselves, they are in charge of creating their own safe work environment, they are paid equally within parameters of their job's worth minus the exorbitant executive costs, etc. How does this help those in the cooperative? Well, it doesn't help those wanting to make large sums as the 'bosses' but it does help spread the wealth and responsibility to the workers as a whole. They are democratic organizations with "one man one vote" principles and agreed-to structural rules.

US Federation of Worker Cooperatives Site

Business examples:
Link to search engine at US Federation of Worker Cooperatives

Most of the cooperatives seem to be small businesses, which begs the question whether or not this model would work in a larger company.

Anyway - just brainstorming here...

- AB

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
A potential solution would be to create manufacturing cooperatives. These are businesses owned in near-equality by the workers, so they are not feeding profits to shareholders other than themselves, they are in charge of creating their own safe work environment, they are paid equally within parameters of their job's worth minus the exorbitant executive costs, etc. How does this help those in the cooperative? Well, it doesn't help those wanting to make large sums as the 'bosses' but it does help spread the wealth and responsibility to the workers as a whole. They are democratic organizations with "one man one vote" principles and agreed-to structural rules.

US Federation of Worker Cooperatives Site

Business examples:
Link to search engine at US Federation of Worker Cooperatives

Most of the cooperatives seem to be small businesses, which begs the question whether or not this model would work in a larger company.

Anyway - just brainstorming here...

- AB

Love it I'm in.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I dont know why many Americans think taxing rich citizens will solve problems.

The elephant in the room is corporate taxation Citizens for tax justice found Fortune 500 companies paid an average of 18 per cent instead of the statuatory 35 per cent they should pay,30 of these companies actually got tax refunds,GE which keeps 110 billion offshore pays no tax,Microsoft which keeps 92 billion offshore avoided 4.5 billion in tax through accounting tricks,Pfizer paid no tax on earnings of 43 billion.etc etc

Now no change to corporate tax codes will work these corporations hire an army of accountants,lawyers and lobbyists to offset any such change,but say if you introduced a ten per cent goods and services tax like we have here in Australia then they have to pay tax and cant weasel out.

Then comes governments job of spending these incomes wisely which is another thread

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I've respond to this twice, above.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
GE which keeps 110 billion offshore pays no tax...

The money kept offshore is from profits generated overseas which the United States, one of only two countries to do so, taxes everyone on.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What do they do to track money that's made, well, unnoticeable.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I am not understanding the question.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with government running things.... so long as that government is being run by the people for the people.

But for the past several decades now, many of our governments are being run by corporate/banking interests instead, and THAT is the problem.

THAT is what needs to be fixed, first and foremost.

Get rid of lobbying, enforce transparency with political funding, limit time in public office (fresh meat and fresh ideas cycling through the system regularly is a must), enforce corporate taxation and accountability, bring back the Glass Stiegel.... etc.

Put the control back into the peoples' hands... the way it was originally set up to be.

Government is not a bad thing, corporatocracy is.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Actually it wasn't setup that way because we wouldn't be fixing it if it was.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Actually it wasn't setup that way because we wouldn't be fixing it if it was.

Yes it was originally set up that way.

Corporate interests slid their way into it and slowly took control into their own hands.

Our apathy allowed it to happen... and now we are paying the piper for it.

As an example: Where were all the riots and uproars from the people when Clinton publicly signed away the Glass Stiegel act ?! I don't recall the peoples getting up in arms about it, do you ?! Heads should have been rolling for that.

This is the apathy I'm talking about.

WE the people, allowed this to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ok I've been authoring, reading, and participating in discussions about the state of the economy and education in the US. Now I have a solution.

First things first...

We need to manufacture goods bought by Americans IN America. This will do a few things. It will increase the value of the dollar in other countries as we circulate more of the money within our own borders. Secondly it will help build the middle class by bringing manufacturing back to the U.S.

But what if the low-middle-high-income classes are a thing of the past...? it means to be stuck in between things. Why should the middle continue to exist? Shouldn't we strive for a more class-less open & transparent system?

I'm starting to believe that solution of global wealth distribution problems would go away under the supervision of an AI-cybereconomics computer, or, E.t. intervention.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There have been some excellent ideas given so far. Somehow, we need to pick out the good ones and focus on how best to put them forward. Without partisan bickering. I see the partisan approach to government as our biggest challenge, and change won't come until we can fix the mess in the House and Senate. It is mind-boggling that the leaders of these two bodies can hold the entire country hostage, with no repercussions for their actions.

Term Limits are something most of us can agree on. It just makes sense to limit the corruption.
Citizen Legislators is an excellent way to make the public really know who they are electing.
NO Pork added into bills at the last minute, or anytime for that matter.
Pay should be tied to the private sector wages, and reflect what we all face. Legislative and government employees.
IRS has got to go. Fair Tax, Flat Tax, I don't care. Current system is not working.

There are so many others like taking the Feds out of education, EPA needs to go, alphabet agencies consolidated or closed. DHS and TSA should be the first to go, IMO. De-militarize our police and Sheriff dept.'s. Close our borders, and hold those here illegally accountable. Empty our prison's of all the folks there for minor drug offenses. De-criminalize personal use, and tax personal use.

All through this thread, these same things have been said, and it shows the knowledge of ATS posters to identify and focus on solutions. Thanks OP for starting this thread, and thanks to the many posters for giving me some great ideas to read up on.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I do not think you understand trade.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

That is one pile of debt to deal with unless you do a Iceland and tell the banks to shove it , and that can never happen or the world will burn overnight .

Charge 100 k for a citizenship for anyone with money America is big enough and take 10 % from the top 5 % of the rich

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Its all irrelevant it seems as the dumb dumb American public have just voted in favour of the 2 party system as always....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join