It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for a mod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In another thread we were discussing marriage and the question I had was the usage of a certain part of the female anatomy and used the scientific term for it, but used stars to spell it...I typed h****.

Is that appropriate for a post relating to marriage and the spiritual significance? I didn't want to use the whole word considering there might be young people here, but I used the proper term and no slang.

How appropriate is it if it relates to the subject in the OP's topic? Please let me know, I didn't know how to send a PM to a mod. You should delete this if you feel it necessary, but for the future and not wanting to violate the T&C, please let us know what is appropriate word usage if there was no slang involved.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

You mean you typed hymen?

lol

ATS doesn't want vulgar speech on the boards, but in terms of discussions, as long as it was on topic and not being used in some sarcastic, gross way, IMO it's fine.

If you'd like more confirmation, just click on my signature and link me the post in a PM. I'll take a look.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

edit on 2-11-2014 by Aleister because: removed by poster for a gross violation of all things moral and good

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

You mean you typed hymen?

lol

ATS doesn't want vulgar speech on the boards, but in terms of discussions, as long as it was on topic and not being used in some sarcastic, gross way, IMO it's fine.

If you'd like more confirmation, just click on my signature and link me the post in a PM. I'll take a look.

~Tenth

I didn't type hymen, I typed h**** because I didn't know how appropriate it was, but no slang was involved. So it is ok to type hymen because it is relevant to the discussion and not used in a vulgar way, thank you for clarifying.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Since it hasn't been covered yet, you can send a private message (U2U) to any member by clicking on the little green man at the bottom of their avatar. Click on "send message" in the drop down menu.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Since it hasn't been covered yet, you can send a private message (U2U) to any member by clicking on the little green man at the bottom of their avatar. Click on "send message" in the drop down menu.

Oh, is that what that is for? I thought that meant they were online. Thank you so much for that tip.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You are also more than welcome to use the Complaint button in the drop down menu. That starts a thread in the staff only forum, and one of us will reply back to you.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I was looking for his hymen between his lips and then it dawned on me...His surname. I'm laughing so much I'm gonna barf

new topics

top topics

join