It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report says 60,000 veterans get triple benefits

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am just starting to file for service connected disability and i am a Vietnam veteran.

I was exposed to burning PCBs and Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs) during a major shipboard fire off shore of Vietnam.
The insulation on electrical wireing on navy ships built before 1979 contained large amounts of PCBs that turn to PCCD dioxin when burned.

But since it was not agent orange 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin (TCDD) its not automatic as i never set foot on the shore of Vietnam and am classed as blue-water Vietnam vet.
This is even though i could have thrown a rock and hit shore i was so close.
I have the heart problems and diabetes that the agent orange vets have plus Sarcoidosis that is a known occupational disorder in firefighters.

sarcoidosis is one of the major disorders of the world trade center firefighters and cleanup workers.
the world trade center cleanup site had the highest polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxin levels ever recorded in the US at 630,000 pg/m2 1 km away from the site.

I have been disabled for over 10 years from these disorders but only in the last few months made the connection
edit on 7-12-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join