It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberian woman with fever hospitalized in Oregon, awaits Ebola test results

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

"The Oregonian reports that the woman "recently arrived in Portland and was monitoring herself for Ebola symptoms under a voluntary program" and that "a source told The Oregonian she arrived from Liberia on Tuesday evening." According to the Los Angeles Times, the woman flew through one of the five U.S. airports screening travelers entering the U.S. from Ebola-stricken countries."

Liberian woman with fever hospitalized in Oregon, awaits Ebola test results

Spiked a fever over a 102, but they didn't list any other symptoms. I'm going to keep and eye on this one. I didn't hear a word about this at all today on the news, just happened to stumble upon it on my twitter feed.

The concept of screening at 5 airports doesn't make much sense to me, since it seems post of the patients have developed fever and symptoms about 3 to 5 days after arrival.
edit on 1-11-2014 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
LA Times

According to the LA Times, she was taken to Providence-Milwaukie Hospital Friday morning. Is there anyone on here from that area?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Yah, wait and see. Bearing in mind that 1 in 5 people that have fevers may have Malaria instead. I don't have a link for that, just heard or read it somewhere.

If others could help find that.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oregon Live

On her way to the airport in Liberia to travel to the United States, another vehicle rear-ended the one she was in, the man said. The woman woke up Friday also with a neck pain. The family suspects the woman's fever on Friday was caused by the traffic accident, not Ebola.

According to her host family, she no longer has a fever and is feeling good. They note she was in a car accident on way to airport in Liberia and they believe that's why she had a fever. You normally wouldn't see a temperature of 102 unless there was a viral or bacterial infection of some type. If fever was from accident she would of have some very severe injuries. So that doesn't add up, but guess we just have to wait for the results

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well if she is telling the truth it is good that she was self-monitoring. And that she was at least already on the state's radar as far as people that may become a potential case. I wonder how quickly her 102+ fever will turn in to 100.2? lol

the article also says the people she was living with have entered voluntarily into isolation until the test results come back.

Also found several other sources Here's a random one but doesnt really give any additional information. all of the articles kind of just say the same thing though.

The woman, who has not been identified, was under observation after recently traveling to an Ebola-affected country. However, she reportedly had a high temperature and was placed in isolation at the Providence-Milwaukie Hospital in Milwaukie, a suburb located about 20 miles south of Portland, reports the Los Angeles Times. The Oregon Health Authority also released a statement that said the woman is not a danger to the public, according to Reuters. According to John Turner, a spokesman for the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, the CDC has been made aware of the incident, although there is no confirmation on whether a team had been dispatched to Oregon. Read more: www.latinpost.com...

edit on 323028608pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

edit on 333055608pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

They note she was in a car accident on way to airport in Liberia and they believe that's why she had a fever.

Any injuries? Can Liberia confirm that "accident"' claim?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Sounds to me like the family will make it out that she doesnt have Ebola even if she does... which would probably suit the government just fine at this point lol IMO. I cant say i blame them though... they will be marked for a long time, im sure they dont want or need the attention or hassel. Look at the way the media and even people on ATS rip on the actual patients... I wouldnt want that type of "label" either. Reminds me a little of a used car salesman trying to "smooth" over a defect that is blatantly obvious to the buyer...

i'm not sure how a fever would be the result of a car accident unless she did sustain major injuries and has an infection somewhere... but im also not a trained healthcare prof.

Im also not sure when/where HIPPA ends as far as protecting the population in mass... If the patient didnt want the test results released to the public, I would hope the county would be obligated to do it anyway... but idk

edit on 433020608pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I didn't see anything when I did a search of the Liberian news referring to her or her having an accident, but that doesn't surprise me.

I don't believe that to be the cause of her fever. If she had severe enough injuries from an accident to cause her to have a fever I think it would of been noted by the hospital in there press conference and she wouldn't of hoped on a plane and been okay till Friday.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

I agree with you completely.

If she is sick it could be from anything (viral/bacterial) but her 102 fever is not from a car accident that she walked away from and got on a plane the same day.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I tend to agree. It will come out eventually. Apparently she's okay now? But still in the hospital…

hmmm

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
72 hours for results
She entered hospital Friday so according to this results should be in tomorrow. Didn't they have the lil guy (5 year old) in NY in like 12 hours?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I've been in accidents myself and never developed a fever. That explanation doesn't seem right. I guess we'll have to wait for the test results and see. Maybe it's the flu or something? Hopefully not Ebola.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I agree, her coming from Liberia is concerning since that's the country with the largest outbreak to date.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

They've been known to rush through the results, so who knows. Most tests take two to three days. Faster ones are being developed but as far as I know they aren't ready yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
All hospitals have been told to immediately contact the CDC if there is a suspected Ebola case coming in through the ER.
Supposedly the CDC takes over at this point, and ever since the new 'Czar' took over, from that point on the cases appear to be false alarms and/or go completely quiet.

Color me not surprised.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

UPDATE: The hospital said test results were not expected on Saturday, according to OHA spokesman Jonathan Modie.

“The patient does have an acute illness of some kind,” said Dr. Paul Lewis, Tri-County Health Officer. “Ebola is on a list of possibilities.”

this the last report been released on the woman.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

edit on 1-11-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Your right becsuse there was also a suspected case in Oklahoma as well this week, it was negative.

But no news, Im seeing more on social media than anywhere else

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows
LA Times

According to the LA Times, she was taken to Providence-Milwaukie Hospital Friday morning. Is there anyone on here from that area?

The hospital is a mile from me. A friend of mine went to the emergency room last night and said today that they are screening everyone who goes there, whether or not they have a fever. I think Portland area hospitals are well prepared.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yup thats the lastest, I've not found one update at all.

Could be the family's choice to keep her health info private, they've already tried to down play it and say her fever was from a car accident

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No, the state has promised press conferences on the issue, as per link.

She is a "visitor" from Liberia so is expected that she will be monitored very closely by the state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join