It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton to Quit Politics After 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Not running for office, or not holding a departmental post, does not mean quitting politics. In 'fact' doing mover and shaker in the shadows is the stuff of politics, and pretty much a lot of important things....the rationale for ATS's existence even.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oh, my God! It's how she felt at the time. People DO change their minds, you know.

I once said I would have children.
I once said "Till death do us part".
I once said I was a Christian.

People change their minds. It's not like she lied. It's how she felt. There are MANY things you could go after Hillary Clinton for. The fact that you have gone back to 2011 to find some "dirt" on her shows a bit of desperation, IMO. People must really be afraid of the prospect of her running.
edit on 11/1/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: jude11

So you don't really thing it was a broken promise?
Maybe the OP should reflect that then, that you just see it as a ruse.

I believe my sarcasm is very evident in the OP.

Some things just are obvious.

Peace

Ya not really, you have two sentences one being that you wish she kept her 'promise' even saying truly...
So I guess that is the sarcasm?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
When was her stroke episode and falling down, blurry vision, etc?

Her health is #ty and only gonna get worse, and then there's the Billy-Bob sexual predator husband. And the Secret Service reportedly hate her guts, she's on record as being really awful towards them; one said she answered 'Ef you' to a normal, 'good morning ma'am'.... I wouldn't want to be in the WH again if the SS didn't like me...

No way she'll run and if she does, it will be on Sarah Palin's terms; pretend to be running, bilk the masses and then bow out.

I wouldn't vote for her if she was the last candidate on the planet. Can't stand the woman or her voice.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Oh, my God! It's how she felt at the time. People DO change their minds, you know.

I once said I would have children.
I once said "Till death do us part".
I once said I was a Christian.

People change their minds. It's not like she lied. It's how she felt. There are MANY things you could go after Hillary Clinton for. The fact that you have gone back to 2011 to find some "dirt" on her shows a bit of desperation, IMO. People must really be afraid of the prospect of her running.

If you truly believe she was truthful at the time, all ok by me.

Myself, I see it as a political move.

As for the going back in time, the article came as a coincidence. I was going back on my YT channels when this came up. Struck me as absolutely frickin hilarious.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

No way she'll run and if she does, it will be on Sarah Palin's terms; pretend to be running, bilk the masses and then bow out.

A book to retire on?

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

So you don't really thing it was a broken promise?
Maybe the OP should reflect that then, that you just see it as a ruse.

I believe my sarcasm is very evident in the OP.

Some things just are obvious.

Peace

Ya not really, you have two sentences one being that you wish she kept her 'promise' even saying truly...
So I guess that is the sarcasm?

Yup.

Most here that know me can see it.

But you can't? All ok by me.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Not running for office, or not holding a departmental post, does not mean quitting politics.

Hillary Clinton to QUIT politics after 2012
www.theweek.co.uk...

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well, that is a headline. It was not written by Hilary Clinton, it was written by an editor trying to sensationalize what was really a non-story. You aren't seriously suggesting that Hilary be held accountable for words that someone else wrote, are you?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Am I the only one that really, really doesn't care about the 2016 general election until January 1, 2016?

Right now, at this point, I don't care who's running or not. I don't care what their opinions were or are on running.

The OP of the thread is pretty pathetic with this. You're condemning the woman for doing something that she hasn't even done yet. When, and if, she shows up on the primary ballot in 2016 maybe I'll concede to the point you're making. Then again...people are allowed to make whatever decisions they want to make...even if it contradicts a decision they've made earlier.

This kind of thinking is absolutely the worst thing about politics and ideology. "They said XYZ a few years ago but now they're saying ABC! Flip-flopper! Hypocrite! Burn the witch!"

God forbid someone changes their mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
meh just nm not worth it
edit on stSat, 01 Nov 2014 19:57:00 -0500America/Chicago1120140080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

That is your opinion of her intent, and you are welcomed to it. However, I think it is premature to judge her for lying…

Really? Besides her being a psychopath and consummate liar have you any more frosting for the gullible cake you are baking for her?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It is intellectually dishonest for you to cut a quote out of a sentence when doing so drastically changes the intent of the subject.

Please be more careful in the future.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

meh just nm not worth it

Ditto.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

It is intellectually dishonest for you to cut a quote out of a sentence when doing so drastically changes the intent of the subject.

24 hrs as a member and already laying out rules...

"Shillington"

Should have seen that coming. My bad.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yes, I have used the word "shill" in my name, and you have cleverly picked up on it.

It is telling that you have decided that attacking my character is more important than answering my questions. I shall take my leave of your thread now.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I quoted the relevant part. The part where you bean to say she wasn't lying… she has been caught in so many lies why would you even begin to defend her?

Everyone knows she's a pathological liar, you should be more careful before defending her again.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The entire line was relevant.

He thinks she is lying about actions she hasn't taken yet.

That isn't fair, regardless of previous statements or actions.

Heck, she may even HAVE been lying, but the article doesn't indicate she was lying, nor has she taken the actions that would make her a liar.

I get it. You don't like her. I don't like her either. But jumping on every little thing and trying to make it a huge issue muddies the waters and drowns out the -real problems-. Whether or not she was lying in 2012 when she said she didn't want to ever run for president again isn't a big deal, even if it was a lie.

People change their minds. Take me, for instance, when I said I was leaving the thread, I had no intention of returning. However, circumstances changed and I changed my mind.
edit on 1-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amtracer

"In any other business, Clinton and other politicians would have been fired and never allowed to be in a leadership position again."

You mean like banking?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Besides, even if she did decide to run for the presidency, does that make what she said about not wanting to run for election back then a lie if she has simply changed her mind?

Yeah,
I remember that conversation. My ex wife used that one a lot.
"I didn't lie, I changed my mind."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join