It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton to Quit Politics After 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just one more broken promise.

I truly wish this one was kept.

The US Secretary of State was asked by CNN whether she would stay on after 2012, and whether she would like to be president, vice-president or defence secretary. Each time she said "No". Read more: www.theweek.co.uk...

nypost.com...
www.theweek.co.uk...

Peace

edit on 1-11-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

The US Secretary of State was asked by CNN whether she would stay on after 2012, and whether she would like to be president, vice-president or defence secretary. Each time she said "No". Read more: www.theweek.co.uk...

nypost.com...
www.theweek.co.uk...

Peace

Well, in her defense, she hasn't actually said she is running for any of these positions.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

nypost.com...
www.theweek.co.uk...

Peace

Well, in her defense, she hasn't actually said she is running for any of these positions.

In my Defense, she will.

Also, this is 2014. She was to be out after 2012. Her words, not mine.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

nypost.com...
www.theweek.co.uk...

Peace

In my Defense, she will.

Also, this is 2014. She was to be out after 2012. Her words, not mine.

Peace

That is your opinion of her intent, and you are welcomed to it. However, I think it is premature to judge her for lying about an action you believe she will take, even though she has yet to take it.

And yes, it is 2014, and she has not announced that she is running for any office, nor does she seem to be seeking a nomination. Doesn't really seem like she lied about anything.

Besides, even if she did decide to run for the presidency, does that make what she said about not wanting to run for election back then a lie if she has simply changed her mind?

You are a more impressive man than I if you have never changed your mind.

Either way, I'm not voting for her.

edit on 1-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind having a woman as a President, but I don't want her any where near the White House again. I find it amazing that she's still allowed in politics after how much she has screwed up. In any other business, Clinton and other politicians would have been fired and never allowed to be in a leadership position again.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Hardly a lie or a promise, just an answer she gave when asked at the time.

Maybe two years ago she didn't want to, people can change their minds you know.
I am sure you have done it once or twice.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Everything else aside,

" Either way, I'm not voting for her. "

On this we can meet.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Billy boy is out of a job, so somebody needs to keep bringing home the bacon, no ?

It seems their retirement plans didn't come to fruition.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Hardly a lie or a promise, just an answer she gave when asked at the time.

Maybe two years ago she didn't want to, people can change their minds you know.
I am sure you have done it once or twice.

IMO, it was planned all along.

Just a ruse to keep the voters off balance at the time.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Billy boy is out of a job, so somebody needs to keep bringing home the bacon, no ?

It seems their retirement plans didn't come to fruition.

I'm sure they can retire VERY nicely.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hillary is too tainted to be a viable candidate. I sincerely doubt that she would end up on the ticket even if she did run. There is an outside chance she could get thrown in on the VP slot - but even that is iffy.

The Democrats are going to have to go back to the dark horse well, IMO. In doing so they will lose the election.

I fully believe that we are headed for an extreme right wing Administration in two years - and that, as all the rhetoric and hatred flies back and forth - business as usual will continue in Washington and on Wall Street. Nothing will change.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
She said recently that she was broke, so she can't retire...bbwwaahahaha!
We obviously have different ideas of what broke means.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
She has been known to lie once in a while.

Her comments then sounded more like some kind of disclaimer....

Just in case something might happen in the (then) future that would taint her reputation.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
She said recently that she was broke, so she can't retire...bbwwaahahaha!
We obviously have different ideas of what broke means.

BROKE:

You & I: Can't pay heat.

Clinton: Can't pay private jet.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So you don't really think it was a broken promise?
Maybe the OP should reflect that then, that you just see it as a ruse.
edit on stSat, 01 Nov 2014 19:23:12 -0500America/Chicago1120141280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I don't think she intended to confuse anyone. I think she is a tired old woman who didn't think she could win the big chair.

However, with economic numbers looking good, and a new threat NOT related to her personal involvement in State Department policies, she might be seeing this as her last chance. Which it would be. Besides, it's going to be the democrats race to lose, and they could do a LOT worse than Hilary.

Bill is a powerhouse campaigner and -will- get out the vote for his wife. She is a grandma now, has executive level experience from her cabinet position, and is more qualified than anyone else that could run, in either major party.

She would be hard to beat.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
She has been known to lie once in a while.

Her comments then sounded more like some kind of disclaimer....

Just in case something might happen in the (then) future that would taint her reputation.

Exactly.

Shows just how far behind the voters are in the planning stages.

Voters think about 30 Days from the polls. Politicians plan years in advance.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I don't think she intended to confuse anyone. I think she is a tired old woman who didn't think she could win the big chair.

However, with economic numbers looking good, and a new threat NOT related to her personal involvement in State Department policies, she might be seeing this as her last chance. Which it would be. Besides, it's going to be the democrats race to lose, and they could do a LOT worse than Hilary.

Bill is a powerhouse campaigner and -will- get out the vote for his wife. She is a grandma now, has executive level experience from her cabinet position, and is more qualified than anyone else that could run, in either major party.

She would be hard to beat.

I truly wish Ron Paul would run again. But unfortunately it would make no Difference. He would still be black listed as he just won't play by their rules.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So you don't really thing it was a broken promise?
Maybe the OP should reflect that then, that you just see it as a ruse.

I believe my sarcasm is very evident in the OP.

Some things just are obvious.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
from one story....

Clinton said at a meeting in Bahrain in December that she would probably do charity work once she left her position as secretary of state. "I think I'll serve as Secretary of State as my last public position, and then probably go back to advocacy work, particularly on behalf of women and children and particularly around the world."

Heartwarming,

but I think her "advocacy" work is more involved with NWO "work".

She is a clever one indeed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join