It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

austin cop caught on video saying about woman "go ahead call the cops they cant un-rape you

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You would be suprised on how much we agree on things. Stars are anonymous but I have given you plenty for various things you have said. We do disagree on some things but hey that's life besides it would be boring if we agreed on everything.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I bet you if we set aside semantics a lot of us would find ourselves agreeing more then we think.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

i could be way off here and dont claim this to be in any way a fact....its just my thought/opinion on the fuzz.

from 37 years on earth, my experiences(personal as well as news, etc) have shown me that we have a couple different kinds of cop...

the 'detective'....by that i mean forensic people...profilers...murder investigators, etc are out there to protect people...to enforce the law and get the bad guys off the street....(for the most part. i know some of them are bad apples too)

the 'street cop'....by that i mean the cops on patrol..walking the beat. riding a bike..riding a horse..etc.....imo, these guys are for the most part assholes....they strike me as the ex highschool jock. you know, the super popular douche bag jerk..the guy that thought he was gods gift to the ladies...the guy that picked on the slow kid....
the dude with all the year book signatures...the guy voted most popular....

you know, in school everyone(noot literally everyone) thinks they are the cats meow...they wear the cool clothes and drive the cool car.....high school is awesome type dude.....dating the school hussy that all the other guys want to bang....

then they graduate with the lowest gpa possible and realize they are not going to be the next football all star...they dont want to work at daddy's hardware store so they become a cop...
that way people will fear/respect/whatever them just like the good ole school days....

again, i dont claim this as fact but thats about how i feel.

i mean are there really people out there that think 'hey, all i want to do when i get out of school is walk the beat"

i dont think so

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This is why the world is so screwed up at the moment.

Complete idiots like these two are employed into positions that actually have power and authority over the governing of the law. Does it look like these two fools are ever going to question the nefarious and outright corrupt behavior of their superiors or colleagues? No! God it's like the immaturity of highschool all over again... Except these people are in positions of power which could potentially ruin your life! There is no way they deserve to be working as law enforcement, their mindsets and attitudes are all wrong.

Furthermore when you extrapolate this sort of behavior to many other fields, especially politics, you can understand why the world is full of such corruption and outright stupidity - because it's being ran by fools! (Probably fools purposely employed by a select few cleverer people in positions of power, so as to keep the world stupid and corrupt).

Sorry for the rant, but I've just come off of a long day arguing against SAT structure.
Since the situation is slightly relevant I'll explain - as an example of how stupid the world/ system is .

In a nutshell examinations like the SAT typically require students ethnic and gender information at the beginning of the examination. Asking for this information, however, activates Stereotype Threat, in which individuals become aware of stereotypes related to their gender/ ethnicity etc. being bad at maths/ writing/ being dumb/ scoring lowly etc.
Because of the activation of this stereotype, individuals then become anxious, and commit cognitive resources, which reduce memory load, to ensuring they don't confirm this stereotype. Unfortunately, however, this has a rebound effect - by taking up cognitive resources and contributing to cognitive load, this anxiety about performing poorly actually makes the individual perform poorly!

Now this is a well known social psychological phenomenon and has an tremendously easy solution: Simply collect students information at the end of the examination when the stereotype activation cannot effect the students performance!

Despite this phenomenon being massively documented, accepted by everyone in the field, and easily solved. No one is willing to do anything about it!

It's this inaction and apathy that allows all of these cases of crooked cops to go unpunished and the system to continue to spiral downwards.
edit on 3-11-2014 by RedEyes619 because: Grammar and spelling.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I talked to a friend of mine that's a cop. His take on it is that they are acting like the younger kids straight out of high school. He says he hears things like that in the locker room sometimes and its always one of the young bucks being immature and irresponsible. Hell when I think back just 6 years ago when I was 25, I can't believe some of the crazy stuff I did in my partying days. Maybe that's the problem. Put a requirement of at least 30 years old to become a police officer.

Now when I was in the military standing watch overseas in a war zone. I was young, but knew to be very professional while on duty. I mean it was an easy choice because my friends lives were in my hands. If not I faced the possibility of being disqualified all weapons, heavy fines, and maybe some military jail for a while. Maybe they should be held to the same standard.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is absolutley shameful, and down right scary, I have a beautiful wife and daughter, and I swear to god, If i ever thought that this crap was going on, to one my own family members, well lets just say id take care of it, before the court system did

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Their complete indifference to their job is cause for termination. This indicates that these men will perform poorly as police. Perhaps they would do better at Burger King or Taco Bell. a reply to: alienjuggalo

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

These disgusting pigs just make all our lives worse by just adding tyranny and chaos and fear into each of our lives because we don't know whether one of them is going to fly off the handle and taze one of us because he thought we were being sarcastic or hateful and he would be justified by his buddies and they would all lie that we the citizen started it. I think this is just crazy and every cop that does or says something like this should immediately lose all creditable and reputation as well as lose his job and never be able to work as a cop again.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sounds pretty clearly like they were joking around about some hypothetical made up situation...why don't people stick with the actual issues going on, with cops or otherwise, there is plenty to go around...
If I were judged by the way I joked around and made up hypothetical situations which I joked about, I would've gotten in serious trouble many, many times...damn near every day, actually...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm sure they were mimicking or discussing the recent "Roast Busters" scandal happening in Australia yet. Those were the exact words said by one of the members. See below:

Roastbusters

"Go ahead and call the cops- they can’t unrape you”

The Roast Busters are a group of Auckland men, aged 16 to 18, who allegedly get under-age girls intoxicated and then have sex/rape them and subsequently brag and shame them on Facebook.

Police say there is nothing they can do as no victim has made a complaint to them about the Roastbusters. Even though they had 1 formal complaint over 2 years ago and 3 informal complaints since then.

Here is the link to an interview with the victim who lay the formal complaint. She was only 13 when they raped her and when she told police about it, they didn’t believe her and even made her ‘act’ out the traumatising situation with dummies.

Sign the petition to let John Key, the New Zealand prime minister, that these crimes are unacceptable and these boys are rapists that should be sent to prison.

I am personally so shocked that things like this happen within my own city so I encourage everyone to like/share the facebook page against them and join the protests in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. It’s something you can do to stop rape culture and victim blaming.

More links to interviews

Parents of Roastbuster teen speak out in support
Radio show hosts blame victims!
Rapist offered counselling instead of an arrest!
If this doesn’t make you angry, I don’t know what will.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

..four counts of forcible oral sodomy..

Oral Sodomy?

Are they saying he raped their arse with his tongue?

Ewww.

I am all for dark humor, but in what world did you think that joking about raping (underage if I remember right) girls would be funny?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I wonder what would happen if all the good people from ATS joined up in mass and started applying to become local law enforcement officers, strictly enforced the law per the constitution, and didn't constantly abuse their "powers" on a daily basis.

As long as our common agreement is to uphold the laws of the constitution, could we even get hired and try to make a difference, or would our differing opinions, personal values and higher IQ levels not allow us a chance at making a positive change in our communities?

Would we all get fired quickly for trying to do the right thing and going against the grain?

Would there be a massive change in how the law is enforced? I.E. - exposing internal corruption.

Finally, would police brutality occurrences decrease or increase?

I'd like to think if all of the people that think law enforcement is always in the wrong join up and actually become the law enforcement that there could be a change, but the other half of me highly doubts that could happen. A lot of people say that there are indeed good cops out there, but what are they doing to stop the bad cops?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

If I were judged by the way I joked around and made up hypothetical situations which I joked about, I would've gotten in serious trouble many, many times...damn near every day, actually...

me too. i have a sick, twisted sense of humor....

are you a cop that makes jokes about violent crimes against women while on duty and on camera?

me either

big difference huh

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: TheJourney

me too. i have a sick, twisted sense of humor....

are you a cop that makes jokes about violent crimes against women while on duty and on camera?

me either

big difference huh

A little. But still, given the way I joke I could never see joking as a reason for someone getting in trouble. I mean, if I were a cop(which I would never be...I actually dislike cops) I don't imagine I would 'rise above' my sense of humor...and still I wouldn't think my way of joking calls for actual consequences. Like I said, there are plenty of police out there actually doing terrible things...and plenty of policies for law and its enforcement having all sorts of terrible consequences...I care about those things, and couldn't care less about a couple of cops joking around, even if the content of those jokes are bad if taken literally...
edit on 3-11-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

here is the thing for me.....
i can have a twisted sense of humor.....
i dont think what this cop did was funny, but i honestly dont care that much about this particular event....

the thing is, cops are supposed to protect us.....i know getting a phone call about a rape can not turn back the clock and make it not happen..in that case though, they are there to investigate and make sure whoever did it is locked up....
anyway, i have a wife and daughter.....

i want the people(cops) who are supposed to protect us(my wife/daughter/mother......hell, your wife/daughter/mother) to take issues like this seriously all the time...100% of the time.

higher standards man

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

To add to the reports of police rape, talk to some young women and learn some uncomfortable truths about humans and especially male humans in arbitrary positions of power... and it is NOT nice.

I personally know of ...what, four or six different woman, who recently (this decade anyway) were offered an "oral out" from speeding tickets or a few more serious infractions ...like DUI and shoplifting... with more ...er... labor intensive sex acts.

The thing was, the cops in question had it down as if they were practiced at asking without asking... if you get me.

As always, not ALL cops are like this... but even a few is too much.

Oh, and as far as I know, the women paid their fines instead. Yucky.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

The thing was, the cops in question had it down as if they were practiced at asking without asking... if you get me.

ive always thought that offering a way out happens a lot...

i bet the the cops roll people pretty often during traffic stops too...

something like

cop pulls someone over....searches them and/or the car.....finds a stack of cash..maybe some other stuff.
takes it....
i know in 1987 that happened to my dad...
kenneth city florida.....he was driving....i was in the passenger seat...
cops pulled us over and came across my dads other 'stuff' of the green persuasion....not money...
he took it and let my dad go....

since that moment i figured those types of things happened pretty regular.

again, no proof other than the incident i mentioned.....just a feeling

im sure there are ladies the country over that have horror stories about being offered a pass for services....would not surprise me at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It's not my brand of humour, though it must be to a lot of people otherwise comedians like Jimmy Carr would not be performing to sell out crowds including women year after year telling 'jokes' about child abuse, rape and domestic violence. Somehow, he even gets to perform in front of dignitaries and after all these years of people knowing what to expect you always see his performances absolutely full with both sexes, various ages and people from all walks of life. I've even seen whole families attending!

To be honest in any case, it's the intent that should really matter.

It's clear from the entire conversation, as pointed out by other posters, that they were first joking about how awesome they would be destroying crime working together for a week - then started joking about bad cops.
It's like any customer service type job, even the best employees when unwinding often make jokes about the most inappropriate ways to answer common questions.
The line as was also pointed out, was from a meme doing the rounds at the moment. I don't think it's funny, but that's me. If the majority didn't either, then it wouldn't be in circulation!

The irony here, is that so many of you are suddenly self appointed thought police deciding what people can say and think in privacy. I bet everyone criticising this at some points in their life have said or done things that if it were being recorded and then published virally online would only be able to hang your heads in shame.

So ridiculous, that your letting your hatred for cops make you act like this and proves that you're no better and have less control than 'the establishment'.. Truly sad and scary really, bit like another Orwellian novel - Animal Farm.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There were many police rapes in the aftermath of Katrina.

When the collapse occurs, don't expect much aid from law enforcement.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join