It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow insomniacs, is this our solution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just heard a news piece on the radio about tart cherry juice. The juice contains melatonin, which is a sleep aid, but some researchers think the juice somehow drastically reduces the breakdown of the amino acid tryptophan in the body. They said when trytophan is preserved, you will sleep longer, with much less waking during the night.

Here is some more info.

I found some organic brands of the stuff on Amazon and checked to see which ones got the best reviews. There are some rave reviews.
I'm doing a little more research, and I'm going to get some very soon.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thanks for the head's up! Been battling insomnia for years now. Will be checking this out.

Strangely enough, an old timer gave me a tip that seems to really be helping lately, sleep naked under a down comforter. Believe me or not, I have been sleeping pretty deeply since I started doing this.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I've found that apply a blunt object with careful precision and adequate force can clear up insomnia effectively and only requires a one time draw on available resources.

All joking aside, I'd probably be totally deterred by the tart. Eating or drinking anything tart is the mental equivalent of ingesting battery acid. Hope this works for another though.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Washing a Benedryl down with a few beers works pretty well.
Insomnia is a drag.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh, I have to try this! I can go for weeks not being able to sleep more than 2 or 3 hours at a time!

Benedryl and Mealtonin can both get me to sleep, but I have still have trouble staying asleep and I have brain fog for two days after.

Now that I am retired, it isn't near the issue it was when I was working, but it would be nice to say I got 5 or 6 hours of sleep that wasn't drug induced!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

If I consume alcohol, I will be awake all night. I'm wired strangely.

(post by n00bUK removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

For me a shot or two of whiskey does the trick. Or if my husband is home some good sex will do it.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

top topics

join