It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark money and what is wrong with the American people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
After reading this on CNN,I can't help but wonder what is wrong with the American public. I guess this is almost a rant about our country to be honest. How can the people be so apathetic that they sit back and think that this is okay with them? You government is being bought and paid for so that you have no say,yet you STILL thump your chest and wave your flag higher. SO HOW IS THAT WORKING FOR YOU? How can you say this is the greatest country in the world? The greatest that money can buy yeah,but not the greatest to live in. You really want your kids to grow up and live in this type of country? Sit them on your knee and tell them about how if they just make enough money,they can have justice if they get in trouble,and they can have the best government that money can buy. Yeah try that one.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Some of US are ignorant, some of US are in denial and some of them are spouting that same American Exceptionalism dogma here, too.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What's wrong with the American public?

They are uneducated and apathetic.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm not apathetic any longer. I've never been ignorant of our nations corruption. I figured it out at a young age. I retreated inward for a long time. Now I just dont know what to do. I joined Wolf-PAC but that seems like too little too late. It's something though I guess.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Americans are told from the time they can understand what is being told to them America is the greatest nation on the planet.People just blindly believe this without really thinking about it because if they did then they would know it isn't true. There was a show on tv that best explained why America isn't the greatest nation on Earth anymore.

Citizens united is what really put or government up for sale and the Supreme Court justices that said it was legal should be thrown out of their job along with the sell outs in Congress that thinks the wealthy should be able to buy our elections. The Democrats in the Senate tried to overturn Citizens United but the Wall Street bootlickers wouldn't allow it.
The Senate Tried to Overturn ‘Citizens United’ Today. Guess What Stopped Them?

Fifty-four senators, all Democrats and independents who caucus with the Democrats, voted Thursday for the amendment to clarify in the Constitution that Congress and the states have the authority to do what they did for a century before activist judges began intervening on behalf of wealthy donors and corporations: enact meaningful campaign finance rules and regulations. But forty-two senators, all Republicans, voted no. As a result, Udall noted, the Republican minority was able to “filibuster this measure and instead choose to support a broken system that prioritizes corporations and billionaires over regular voters.” The Republican opposition effectively blocked further consideration of the amendment proposal, since sixty votes were needed to end debate and force a vote. And, even if the Republicans had not filibustered the initiative, actual passage of an amendment would have required a two-thirds vote.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The low information voters outnumber the intelligent ones.

That's what happens when people are paid to breed.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

And uninterested and distracted.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

They were bought and paid for a long time ago, now we are just watching chess pieces move back and forth, and nothing more. Most people can't, or won't understand that both the Democrats, and the Republicans are essentially the same party. They keep people arguing against each other and divided, which is what they want rather than coming together to say what he hell are you doing to our country. Its been like this for so long, that it feels normal. We are just mice in the maze, and there appears to be no end.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The only way to change the government, is by the people forcing a change. That won't ever happen though. That would mean people would have to get along.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: amtracer
YAT YAS Brotha

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I think this is a good song to sum up where we are at in this country. Enjoy.

youtu.be...
edit on 1-11-2014 by Dimithae because: Video wouldn't work

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
$4,000,000,000 on this years mid terms.

This election is brought to you by corporate America, serving there own interests as always.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Tell us what to do oh wise one

I vote almost straight ticket 3rd party. LOL!!!

The only time policy will change is if it benefits those lobbying the policy. We don't have a lobby base. That's what the HELL is the matter with us people.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Americans are programmed. They waste their time and money on purchasing items they don't need, and serve no real or additional purpose, except to reinforce the lies they have accepted as truths.

I attended a Breast Cancer Awareness support event where they where discussing that women should avoid placing their cell phones in their bra, because it is believed to increase the risk of breast cancer. Yet when I asked them if they believed that to be true, how can they justify giving their children cell phones that they have in use almost 24/7 and most sleep with them under their pillows. I was shocked and walked out when several women told me that their children would never allow them to take away their cell phones, and there would be no peace in their home if they took them away or restricted their use.

I have given up. When people place more value on their social status and image then they do on the health and life of their children, we have gone beyond the pale. Their is no hope for a society that sacrifices their children for landfill.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
Tell us what to do oh wise one

I vote almost straight ticket 3rd party. LOL!!!

The only time policy will change is if it benefits those lobbying the policy. We don't have a lobby base. That's what the HELL is the matter with us people.

People need to put their cell phones to good use. They should all vote for the anyone "except" for those in the two major parties. Take a photo of your ballot so when those numbers come back showing an overwhelming number of votes for a candidate that no one voted for, there would be some serious explaining to do, and glitches and hanging chad excuses aren't going to work this time.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What"s Wrong with The American People, a lot of them have just given up. They've had enough of the stress of trying to make ends meet. Paying for Over Priced Food, Medicine, Housing, Government Services and Private Commercial Services etc. They've just had too much to fight anymore, that's all. Good Thread. Peace
Arjunada. a reply to: Dimithae

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I think this is a good song to sum up where we are at in this country. Enjoy.

youtu.be...

It should be our new National Anthem.

At least it speaks the truth.

Of course it is not a truth that wants to be heard.

"Cause there's a monster on the loose." (We are that monster).
"It's got our heads into a noose,"
"And it just sits there watching." (We are just sitting there watching."

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
What"s Wrong with The American People, a lot of them have just given up. They've had enough of the stress of trying to make ends meet. Paying for Over Priced Food, Medicine, Housing, Government Services and Private Commercial Services etc. They've just had too much to fight anymore, that's all. Good Thread. Peace
Arjunada. a reply to: Dimithae

They made bad choices. They chose "things" over life, family and nature. They never gave up because they never fought back. They sold out and gave in.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

The low information voters outnumber the intelligent ones.

That's what happens when people are paid to breed.

One of the more appalling comments I've read lately. Amazingly vile, pure outrageous prejudice, with nothing whatsoever to back any of it. None of it. But let me ask the perfunctory questions, do you have demographic data to back up that the majority of voters are uneducated? And what people are paid to "breed"? When have people ever been paid to "breed", other than perhaps surrogate mothers?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That's definitely up there. Sadly eugenics has a long history among conservative white folk. Just look up the origins of planned parenthood. It wasn't started for women's rights

edit on 1-11-2014 by tavi45 because: added a sentence

top topics

<<   2 >>

join