It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for the Economic Decline of America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Look at Chris Christies NJ

He ruins the schools and stops the raising of taxes for millionaires while schools get closed

The worst economy on the east

Considering we have the highest taxes in the country and the majority of it goes to the school system I do not understand your point. This issue has been the case for decades due to activist New Jersey Supreme Court justices ruling that you CANNOT interfere with school funding mechanisms.

More than 70% of my astronomically high property taxes go to the local school budget which is well over a $100,000,000. What do we get for all that? Crap. We are ranked in the middle of the state in regards education. Another case showing that throwing tax payer's money at something does not work.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well deserved S&F. You HAVE hit the nail squarely on the head. I posted this a while back, I think its very relevant to what you are talking about.

And,

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LowTechRedneck

These "elite" are the same families and corporate entities that supported Hitler and the Nazis before and during WW2, then brought Nazis to America to be part of the elite entities, even creating a line of US Presidents (the 3rd of which will be elected in 2016).

Jeb Bush 2016 is already in the works. He'd be excellent for the Republicans because of the percentage of Hispanic vote his wife, Columba, would help to attract away from the Democrats.

Coincidentally, Richard Nixon also had a friend in Florida who was a an-ex Cuban banker, Be Be Rebozo. en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia knows that Jeb Bush has his own "BeBe Rebozo" in the name of Armando Cordina..

Following the 1980 presidential election, Bush and his family moved to Miami-Dade County, Florida. He took a job in real estate with Armando Codina, a 32-year-old Cuban immigrant and self-made American millionaire. Codina had made a fortune in a computer business, and then formed a new company, The Codina Group, to pursue opportunities in real estate.[14] In 1983, Jeb Bush explained his move from Houston to Miami this way: “On the personal side, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law were already living here", and on the professional side, "I want to be very wealthy, and I'll be glad to tell you when I've accomplished that goal."

Codina,

Codina served as chairman and CEO of Codina Group, a South Florida-based commercial real estate firm, which he founded in 1979. Under his leadership the firm grew to be Florida’s largest privately-held commercial real estate company.

Also, known facts here: Codina was big supporter of George W. Bush back in the 1980's and little Jeb made his millions working with Codina. No surprise there at all.

While Bush's financial network is global, it is built largely around four powerful men:

codina
Armando Codina gave Bush 40 per cent of the profits from his real estate company.
[Times photo: Brian Baer]Armando Codina, a Coral Gables Cuban-American real estate investor who was one of George Bush's earliest supporters. He was so tight with the president that he gave Jeb Bush more than his first job in Florida. Codina put Bush's name on the company and gave him 40 percent of its profits.

So, it is verifiably true. Jeb Bush is a daddy's boy who used contacts in the family to get rich quick and go into politics. Jeb Bush has lot's and lot's of skeletons in his closet that would come out during a 2016 campaign. Including the 1980s connection to Armando Codina - who appears to be playing the role of BeBe Rebozo in this scenario.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So the answer is to close the schools and instead give the money to profit making charter schools that do no better while the kids in public schools go without computers, books and teachers.

The economy in Jersey is the worst on the east coast even with the love the rich policies and all the cuts that Jersey has faced.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

So the answer is to close the schools and instead give the money to profit making charter schools that do no better while the kids in public schools go without computers, books and teachers.

The public school system is obviously not working so I am willing to explore the possibility of charter schools as competition breads improvement.

The economy in Jersey is the worst on the east coast even with the love the rich policies and all the cuts that Jersey has faced.

What are 'rich policies'? And to be honest we have not had enough cuts, the spending and taxes continue to go up every year.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Thanks much for the post.

This is something that should be seen everywhere.

But the truths is a rare thing in America these days

It’s the Americans who have been brainwashed to idealize the rich
The rich are their idols or gods who they defend like religious people defend their dogma

The conservative dogma is immoral, unethical, and selfish and among the most wretched philosophy the world has ever seen

And they are about to be given more power

The American people are the most clueless in the world

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

“Rich policies” are when the politicians vote them tax cuts at the expense of the macro economy

When they have enough to feed the US army and more with one weeks pay

And the average American can hardly survive and the income levels of the MC and poor are steadily declining as well as good job opportunities, middle class jobs go overseas where the RICH send their business to countries where they can pay a dollar an hour

The senate passes a bill to stop that and the GOP votes the bill down

Those are “rich man” policies

When the politicians cater to the individual wealthy and not the macro economy.

The rich policy is to continue to coddle those who have too much

And let the poor die.

Like Christie cut Medicaid

It’s amazing that people don’t understand that rich people, while they shouldn’t be abused or treated unfairly, should nonetheless pay their fair share

Why are you so interested in defending them unless you yourself are one of them?
And if you are then why do you need so much to live.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

“Rich policies” are when the politicians vote them tax cuts at the expense of the macro economy

Since we have not had a tax cut in New Jersey other then to businesses I have no clue what you are referring to then.

Like Christie cut Medicaid

Really? He added to it in the last budget.

It’s amazing that people don’t understand that rich people, while they shouldn’t be abused or treated unfairly, should nonetheless pay their fair share

I am all for a flat tax with no deductions or loopholes so everyone can pay a 'fair share'.

Why are you so interested in defending them unless you yourself are one of them?

Who am I defending? Are you that caught up in your class warfare saga that when people point out that you are incorrect in your statements about New Jersey taxes and politics you think they are on one side or another?

And if you are then why do you need so much to live.

My financial situation is none of your business other then to say I pay way too much in taxes, particularly on the local level, and get very little benefit from them.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The corporate and banking lobbyists that bought out our politicians are the ones that were also pushing the foreign trade agreements.

Everyone else is paying the consequences for their policies and rather than having skin in the game and feeling the consequences are reaping the benefits instead.

There is nothing pro American or Nationalist about their policies. They are nationless entities that are like parasites attached to our government.

If we closed the door on these parasites via tariffs or enough consumers quit buying from "American" corporations located overseas, they would collapse because we are still their biggest consumer and they would not have much luck selling their 150 dollar iphones to chinese making a dollar an hour.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

First of all just because I mentioned NJ doesn’t mean all of my points are referring to that state.

I also don’t know what you mean by wrong about taxes.

They tried to get Christie to approve a millionaire’s tax to fund certain programs and he refuses.

Its not class warfare when the rich get advantages that ordinary people don’t get

You don’t have to answer any personal questions of course but I am talking in the abstract and really don’t care one way or the other your economic condition.

The fact is that conservative policies in NJ and Kansas of cutting taxes and coddling the rich have been bad for those states period…

THOSE ARE FACTS

All you speak of is your selfish: like a big baby:
I DON’T WANT TO PAY ANY MORE TAXES

No one likes taxes but if you want fire protection, police, bridges, schools and other services to THEN YOU HAVE TO HAVE TAXES!

Rich people leaching off the largess of society, workers the country educates, and then running off the China taking jobs from Americans and when the congress tries to stop that the GOP prevents it

How about dealing with those issues rather than your constant

I DON’T WANT NO MORE TAXES

Your philosophy is all about

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Watch this and learn something!

edit on 2-11-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Christie failing economy vow as New Jersey falls behind

TRENTON, N.J. - During his inauguration in January 2010, Chris Christie cast New Jersey as a state poised to sprint out of the recession. “While the economic hour is dark, there are brighter days ahead,” the new Republican governor said at the Trenton War Memorial across the street from the statehouse. “We have the tools to win the battle for a better future.” By the end of his first term, economic indicators told a story of a state falling behind. Job growth in Christie’s first term was less than a third that of neighboring New York, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Pennsylvania outstripped the state’s 15 percent expansion in the value of goods and services produced by 4.4 percentage points. Adjusted for inflation, New Jersey’s median household income declined 12.2 percent, compared with a drop of 3.9 percent nationwide.

Christie, 52, has yet to rewrite that narrative, traveling around the country as chairman of the Republican Governors Association while he says he’s considering a run for the presidency. New Jersey’s lagging growth and swelling pension obligations have contributed to eight credit-rating downgrades, a record for a chief executive of the state. “New Jersey is certainly struggling,” said Michael Wolf, an economist at Wells Fargo Securities in Charlotte, North Carolina. “The big, big problem is just that the state isn’t adding jobs.” Nor is it raising taxes. Cutting them has been Republican dogma for decades, as party politicians contend that the U.S. economy is suffocated by excessive burdens on businesses and individuals. Increasing taxes is also anathema to Christie, who told Fox News Oct. 26 that he expects to announce early next year whether he’ll seek the Republican nomination in 2016.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

First of all just because I mentioned NJ doesn’t mean all of my points are referring to that state.

I only replied to the ones that did.

I also don’t know what you mean by wrong about taxes.

They tried to get Christie to approve a millionaire’s tax to fund certain programs and he refuses.

That is what I mean by wrong about taxes. You said he cut taxes for the rich. He did not cut taxes for them, he refused to raise them, which is two completely different things.

Its not class warfare when the rich get advantages that ordinary people don’t get

Which is why I am for a flat tax, then no one gets preferential treatment.

You don’t have to answer any personal questions of course but I am talking in the abstract and really don’t care one way or the other your economic condition.

The fact is that conservative policies in NJ and Kansas of cutting taxes and coddling the rich have been bad for those states period…

What is coddling the rich? We just established that he gave them nothing. The tax cuts were to businesses. The problem here however is the labor costs are higher since all of us have obscenely high property tax bills to pay and we are unable to reduce them due to court rulings. The suburbs get hosed and we pay for schools not even in our districts due to these rulings.

All you speak of is your selfish: like a big baby:
I DON’T WANT TO PAY ANY MORE TAXES

No one likes taxes but if you want fire protection, police, bridges, schools and other services to THEN YOU HAVE TO HAVE TAXES!

No, I do not want to pay more taxes and I do not want to pay into other peoples pension funds which is where quite a bit of it goes.

Rich people leaching off the largess of society, workers the country educates, and then running off the China taking jobs from Americans and when the congress tries to stop that the GOP prevents it

And what do you want to do? Impose trade embargoes with every other country? How about we make the United States more competitive instead.

People like you are dangerous who think just a little bit more legislation or taxes will solve the problem.

edit on 2-11-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The irony is that the GOP ONLY is interested in lowering taxes for the rich NOT THE MIDDLE CLASS OR POOR

Just go look it up…

I tell you folks the people who should know better and vote in office a politician who ONLY LIVES TO AID AND ABET THE RICH are suffering from rich man idolatry

You have idealized the well off

thinkprogress.org...

… Reagan was not the man conservatives claim he was. This image of Reagan as a conservative superhero is myth, created to unite the various factions of the right behind a common leader. In reality, Reagan was no conservative ideologue or flawless commander-in-chief. Reagan regularly strayed from conservative dogma — he raised taxes eleven times as president while tripling the deficit — and he often ended up on the wrong side of history, like when he vetoed an Anti-Apartheid bill.

Reagan was a serial tax raiser. As governor of California, Reagan “signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up till then.” Meanwhile, state spending nearly doubled. As president, Reagan “raised taxes in seven of his eight years in office,” including four times in just two years. As former GOP Senator Alan Simpson, who called Reagan “a dear friend,” told NPR, “Ronald Reagan raised taxes 11 times in his administration — I was there.” “Reagan was never afraid to raise taxes,” said historian Douglas Brinkley, who edited Reagan’s memoir. Reagan the anti-tax zealot is “false mythology,” Brinkley said.

2. Reagan nearly tripled the federal budget deficit. During the Reagan years, the debt increased to nearly $3 trillion, “roughly three times as much as the first 80 years of the century had done altogether.” Reagan enacted a major tax cut his first year in office and government revenue dropped off precipitously. Despite the conservative myth that tax cuts somehow increase revenue, the government went deeper into debt and Reagan had to raise taxes just a year after he enacted his tax cut. Despite ten more tax hikes on everything from gasoline to corporate income, Reagan was never able to get the deficit under control.

3. Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts. Unemployment jumped to 10.8 percent after Reagan enacted his much-touted tax cut, and it took years for the rate to get back down to its previous level. Meanwhile, income inequality exploded. Despite the myth that Reagan presided over an era of unmatched economic boom for all Americans, Reagan disproportionately taxed the poor and middle class, but the economic growth of the 1980′s did little help them. “Since 1980, median household income has risen only 30 percent, adjusted for inflation, while average incomes at the top have tripled or quadrupled,” the New York Times’ David Leonhardt noted.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

This is what you wrote:

That is what I mean by wrong about taxes. You said he cut taxes for the rich. He did not cut taxes for them, he refused to raise them, which is two completely different things

I think you should check out what you write and read more carefully what I post

I don’t recall I posted that Christie raised taxes on the rich I SAID HE WOULDN’T RAISE TAXES ON THEM..

Here is the quote I posted:

Look at Chris Christies NJ He ruins the schools and stops the raising of taxes for millionaires while schools get closed

I emphasized in this op that Reagan cut taxes on the rich

Its you seemingly preoccupied with Christie

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

But But

Reagan had a Democrat House his entire time as President.

And a Republican Senate 6 of 8 years.

Money bills start in the House and ultimately are approved in the House again after Senate changes.

Some of those bills were introduced by Democrats in the House.

United States Presidents and control of Congress

But But

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I try to research what I post

Closing Newark schools is illegal

The controversial plan by the Christie administration to close, transfer to charters, or otherwise “repurpose” nearly half of the city’s public schools is illegal and must stop, according to the Education Law Center (ELC). The scheme, dubbed “One Newark,” has sparked widespread demonstrations and open hostility among city residents directed against state-appointed superintendent Cami Anderson.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Here’s the deal folks:
What we can call: The Raw Deal

The American economy in the 50’s 60’s and 70's, because of FDR policies from the new deal, unionism, sane trade policies, and the burgeoning economy fueled by a 90 percent tax rate on the rich, caused a great movement into the middle class by millions of Americans.

This middle class produced the radicalism and liberalism of the 60’s that for a time increased the wealth being shared and further enhanced the raising of poverty. This was primarily done by what is mentioned above, President Johnson’s civil rights initiatives, and other Great society programs that helped the poor.

Then what happened was a backlash by the reactionary classes of the conservative rich.

What they realized ( some big shot conservative wrote a book) was that the bigger the middle class became the more progressivism and liberalism came about that raised the poor into the middle class and was responsible for the economic fairness that existed in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.

They understood that revolutions, great economic changes, and society uplift come about NOT BY THE POOR CLASS rebelling against their poverty but by the middle class.

Something had to be done to halt this growth…

They reacted to this by deliberately creating the new conservative movement that was ultimately responsible (Ronald Reagan type policies of severely cutting taxes for the rich) for the economic decline we see today: TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS.

IT WAS A DELIBERATE POLICY!

If one follows the great economic growth of America after WWII they will clearly see that it was the tax rates, the trade policy (protectionism) and what unionism did for the middle class that fueled this great growth that no longer exists.

The idea that it can happen again through MORE severe trickle down policies (the GOP will surely try to do) is a pipe dream.

The only way back is to do three things immediately (something neither the Democrats of GOP will ever do now because they are ALL bought and paid for by the elite wealthy) amongst other thing of course:

First: Get the trade policy back to the protectionism is was( protecting US jobs) in past years

Two: Raise the tax rate of the rich to where it was in the 50’s and 60’s.

Three: Bring back the Glass–Steagall act that separated investment banking from ordinary savings and loan commercial banks.

Only then will the economy start returning to growth.

US of A, I insist, had its boost in space or otherwise advantages thanks to importing foreign scientists, Nazis brightest minds. Look what happens when a country relies on private sector. Rockets explode since mediocre engineering.

US of A never able to lunch into Space anything bigger than a cigarette pack any time soon. Too dump. Seriously.

Cheers

P.s. US of A is a con state. K

edit on 2-11-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I think you should check out what you write and read more carefully what I post

I don’t recall I posted that Christie raised taxes on the rich I SAID HE WOULDN’T RAISE TAXES ON THEM..

You said the following when questioned what 'rich policies' were:

Implying that Christie cut taxes for the rich.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The democrats, in terms of taxes and economic policy, are better than the GOP, but not much better

They have been bought as well

Look at the money Clinton has now; he and Hillary are multi millionaires

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Look Augustus its no big thing but I didn’t imply or say Christie raised taxes on the rich.

Saying he loves the rich isn’t saying that he cut their taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join