posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
a reply to: Metallicus
I've got a few but, this time around, it's a short list of things that will make a candidate completely non-viable for me:
- Any notion supporting the drug war. If a stand on legalization isn't made, I will not consider the candidate.
- Any candidate who does not support equality in marriage is a no-vote for me.
- Any candidate who does not have a strong platform on alternative free energy sources (even solar would work) is a tool in my book.
I've got a few dealmakers
, as well. These are things that could potentially make me overlook other flaws:
- Strong platform for decentralizing government power and placing more autonomy in the states. This includes supporting succession attempts.
- A candidate who welcomes back Cuba and acknowledges the many things they do properly.
- The candidate is a witch (hah hah).
- The candidate is named Ron Paul (example of a guy who's good sense makes me overlook his many flaws).
None of us are going to see a candidate the represents us perfectly but it would at least be nice to not have to vote for the lesser of evils and,
instead, finally vote for the better of goods.