It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Galactic Sabotage or accident???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was thinking about all the ufo and alien conspiracies that float around the internet and it got me thinking,could the Virgin Galactic accident have been simply that, or could it have been sabotaged by someone to cover up what ever they have up there tht they dont want you to know about. www.google.co.uk... nov%2F01%2Fbranson-virgin-galactic-spaceshiptwo-crash&ei=0gRVVMPTFsqu7AbUkoGQCw&usg=AFQjCNHJg8pEeT7F9v7hsGyGY4bmjk2bCw&bvm=bv.78677474,d.ZGU What do you guys think could the military or the government be trying to stop us from ever reaching space commercially to stop us from seeing something they do not want us to see i.e Aliens or other stuff..

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Given the recent change in fuel formulation, I would suspect that had a part in it.

But then, it would also make for a good time to sabotage the ship because it might get overlooked.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
theres already several concerns but news footage looked like accident not intentional

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jademegjosh

I've seen the phrase " Yeah, but with the private space industry taking off in a big way, sooner or later ordinary people, not under security oaths, will see what is out there for themselves" or words to that effect.

I see and to a degree i share your view that maybe, someone in a position of power may well have read similar comments and what better way to prevent that happening, than to stop or delay the private space industry?

It's a valid idea, and who knows, could well be the truth.

Either way, it has sure put a big dent in the Virgin dreams of space tourism at least for the short term, but maybe the longer term too.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
We'll have to await the results from the investigation before anyone can say for certainty.

At this moment in time, it looks like a very unfortunate incident and there were many similar occurrences when the U.S and USSR were developing their programmes.

But then again, what better way of preventing the private sector from actually getting this going.

I do wonder what the people who have already bought seats for the inaugural Virgin Galactic commercial flight make of it all? No doubt a few will be asking for a refund, if not all.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If a rocket engine is going to explode it usually does that in the beginning of its burn. That lends to failure. But I suppose if Aliens are involved one could then argue that they did it then to make it look like an accident? Why would they do that?

If you want to propose alien interference, look at how the Hubble was operational with an "overlooked' defect in the grinding operations and quality inspection of the main mirror. That delay was put into the Hubble so the Aleeens could hide all the stuff we aren't supposed to see.

But I have as much proof for that as you do for crashing a suborbital space plane.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If they were testing new fuel, wouldn't they have done this on the ground first? To get a rocket motor to work safely, you have to pump and heat the fuel fast enough so that it ignites in the rocket cone and doesn't blowback into the fuel tank. Usually there are multiple fuel lines and one way valves to prevent this. Then there is always the potential for a leak from the fuel tank itself. If that fuel came in contact with the hot metal that could ignite too.

From the looks of the explosion, it looked like something exploded inside the vehicle.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

There is not a doubt in my mind that TPTB are not just secretive about aliens but they are also hostile towards them. Why would we waist an eye or ear on a lying piece of *snip* government if we could imagine a better life up there?

The only thing people with power who are in control are afraid of is losing power and control.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Not only is space really really big, it's incredibly hard to get to. The fact that this program has gotten this far with so few incidents says a hell of a lot about their testing program.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

They tested it on the ground, but conditions at high altitude are hugely different. A fitting could have come loose from vibration during climb. Or they could have hit mild turbulence. Or any number of conditions you can't test for accurately on the ground.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If a rocket engine is going to explode it usually does that in the beginning of its burn. That lends to failure. But I suppose if Aliens are involved one could then argue that they did it then to make it look like an accident? Why would they do that?

If you want to propose alien interference, look at how the Hubble was operational with an "overlooked' defect in the grinding operations and quality inspection of the main mirror. That delay was put into the Hubble so the Aleeens could hide all the stuff we aren't supposed to see.

But I have as much proof for that as you do for crashing a suborbital space plane.

I dont think the OP was proposing alien interference to keep people from space, I think he was proposing that elements here on earth would interfere to keep people from knowing what they have been hiding all these years.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

think he was proposing that elements here on earth would interfere to keep people from knowing what they have been hiding all these years.

So was I, with the Hubble 'anomaly'.

ETA: Oh. I see what you are saying. He did mention aliens and stuff. Problem with the Virgin Galactic seeing whats up there though is it only reaches a suborbital height to 50 0r 60 miles. I am not sure how high the altitude for satellites, I think it is over a hundred miles…(?)

In that case it would be hard to see anything… let alone get the permits to fly on any given day from NASA, Langley (read that CIA).
edit on 1-11-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

maybe its too high a flight for some reason

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Fuel has a huge part in it. Rocket launch is basically a series of controlled explosions. Get a little too much energy from one of these explosions and you get fireworks. There's no space for error, so accidents like these are expected.
edit on 1-11-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Except they've already allowed civilians into orbit.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Except they've already allowed civilians into orbit.

Do we have links for live web cams anywhere in space? I don't mean looking through the Hubble at faraway stuff.

I mean always looking down. Remember when they used to do that on the NASA channel on Cable? I would tune that from the ISS and watch it for hours. Well not hours, but you get my point.

Please link us to all the live civilian vantage points from space. I don't mean google maps either. That stuff is older than my old truck parked in my driveway ten years ago.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm not talking about cameras, actual people that have spent time on the ISS and Mir before it came down.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

There were using solid fuel which can be quite difficult to manage as once you strt it you cant stop the engine even if there's a problem!

Fact is people space is hard and space is dangerous.

Crap will happen and people will die.

As Zaphod said its amazing a accident like this hasn't happened sooner.

The pilot that died will hopefully go down with the many other brave men and women who have given there lifes in pursuit of space exploration. We shouldn't give up because of this set back but push on!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But the live links?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Haven't used any in a long time. I've been bandwidth limited for three or four years now so those sites are out, as much as I like them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join