It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HBO's True Detective, A Glimpse..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
source

True Detective is an American television crime drama series on HBO created and written by Nic Pizzolatto, with the first season directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson (both executive producers of the series) with Michelle Monaghan, Michael Potts, and Tory Kittles, and uses multiple timelines to trace two Louisiana State Police Criminal Investigations Division homicide detectives' hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana across seventeen years. The first season premiered on January 12, 2014, and consisted of eight episodes, concluding on March 9, 2014. The series has received widespread critical acclaim.

Are being given a glimpse into the reality of some elite families through this show? Is our audience just becoming so big that not the media is catching on and producing television based on that?

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

"True Detective" stories? There is enough real crime going around. Imo, main stream media is full of crime, cop and investigative "drama" to instill in us how we are supposed to think about crime and justice.

Show me the series where they go after the warmongers, banksters and corrupt politicians. Lets see someone produce a show (any show) about police slapping the cuffs on the wall street crime bosses.

Haul them off to prison for a change.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You haven't even seen the show have you?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
True Detective, awesome series.

Not only does it delve into the criminal mind of a serial killer or killers
it shows how dis-functional the detectives are in there daily lives with family and friends.

I will not give out spoilers.

Is a good series, highly recommend watching.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DooDer

What do you think about the content though?

About the ritual?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You haven't even seen the show have you?

Not if its a "drama", no. Is it drama? "Based on" true stories is still just drama. Especially nowadays. I can't tune into "dramas" anymore. They are conditioning propaganda. I avoid them like the plague. To each their own.

I know its bogus with the title anyway. Whenever they tell me something is out the gate "true" i reach for the remote.

Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Your stance is completely ignorant of the truth. Your making assumptions based on zero knowledge of the topic.

Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Of course, the big baddy wasn't really 'elite' though, but I loved the show and I do believe that there is an awful lot of truth to it.

In the final episode Rust explains how there was only one story and that it's the oldest one of all: dark vs. light - I agree with that point completely. I think that media, education, politics, economics and religion are all weapons being used in a battle for hearts and minds and the depth of deception we are being subjected to by the occult masters is truly staggering.

edit on 1-11-2014 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Your stance is completely ignorant of the truth.

TV isn't truth.

Thanks for the contribution.

Yur welcome…

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Robert Reynolds

No not really elite, close enough.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

SPOILER ALERT!

He was a filthy inbred, wasn't he? Mowed lawns and painted schools for a living.

edit on 1-11-2014 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
To 'glimpse' where True Detective is going, one needs to understand what's behind the word 'Carcosa', which was written on a wall in one scene of one episode.

No... this is not a spoiler alert.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Ahhh... The king in yellow.

Any more you can add to your perspective?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Why would I want to spread light upon a deep, dark mystery when a whole new season of discovery awaits in the next series?

No... I'll leave that to the production crew of True Detective. So far, they have not failed to deliver.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
TV serie was intresting and left a lot to further study or even a new plot. Enjoyed the conversation and chemistry between Cohle and Hart.
What comes to elite families ( in tv serie ) with their worship and brainwashing etc could be a spin off NWO and bilderberg Bohemian grove with spiced up satanism. Interesting, I was expecting the series go more into that and expose a little more which it didn´t. Elite ( once powerful family ) offspring ended up to be not so bright, the twisted incest relationship between brother and sister brought a bit "wrong turn" movies to the scene.
It was haunting and possible best serie in last decade because its different approach where the heroes were not so clean and unbreakable but a people who had their ups and downs. Cohle was brilliant maybe a bit asperger when Hart was much more simplistic character.
Not sure if second season can beat the first one but surely worth seeing.
edit on 1-11-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If anybody is interested in the Carcosa and Yellow King mythos portrayed in the show and is a fan of the weird fiction genre (Lovecraft) look up the 1920's book by Robert William Chambers called "The King in Yellow".

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

lol the sheer ignorance displayed in this thread by you is astonishing

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

When I watched the series that's exactly what went through my mind.

What a dark, disturbing, yet great series! Woody and Matthew were excellent, especially Matthew. He can make all the Lincoln commercials he wants and I'll never say a bad thing about it.

You don't get to interrupt that

edit on 1-11-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i love that show, cant wait for season two... Do i think it gives glimpses into blood lines and ritual sacrifice? Ive noticed more and more this theme being bled through on various tv shows, so yes i think it does..

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Actors in the first season were top notch not sure if Collin Farrel can continue bringing it to us in a way McConaughey and Harrelson did, but will give it a chance. Also the scenery in next season is supposed to be in California so more likely more into the movie business, maybe child abuse, possibly bohemian grove ( if the plot follows the first season )etc. With a twist.

First season brought many questions but very few answers... Lets see what season 2 brings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join