It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI: Moderators can't give each other applause! They should give each other parties instead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
A little birdy told me that mods can't give each other applause. A sad state of affairs, but I can see the logic. Just wanted to let others know who might have an interest. It's like a Saint ascending to heaven - once you get there there's nowhere else to go.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

A party is better than applause. What kind of beer is being served with the pig roast.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

It's like a Saint ascending to heaven - once you get there there's nowhere else to go.

Poor analogy, "Heaven " is the heavens, the entire Universe is full of it.

Mods have on line meetings, I am sure they congrat each other keyboard to keyboard all the time.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
It's like a Saint ascending to heaven

So if we burn candles in front of their avatars, they might grant our prayers?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's true. No more applause! I miss 'em.

This is why it's nice to get friendly PMs from time-to-time instead of eye-watering threats and insults.

It's a testament to the quality of fellow members that good PMs outweigh the bad ones by 1.00001 to 1.

^^^That was a joke...it's probably more like 10:1 good PMs and always appreciated.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I got told that when you get 100 of em you get a secret pigeon with a note of the address of ATS secret bunker number 2 (no one knows where the first is) and you can go there when the world ends.
Either that or a free ATS hat or something

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Maybe they can just post.

Iam a mod here is my applause for that post fellow mod.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Bunker #1 is the reason we can't anymore. There was a mod party in there one night, and based on the few reconstructed records that survived, it appears that one of the mods applauded another.

It took weeks to clean up the mess, and the area will be off limits for many years to come.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Aleister
It's like a Saint ascending to heaven

So if we burn candles in front of their avatars, they might grant our prayers?

This will the first time I've actually choked from something I've read on ATS. I wish I could star that.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I see something awesome by a staffer I shoot them a PM entitled..... "Applause."
So, yeah, we still can, after a fashion.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Like 'Trep said.....we can and do send each other "applause" u2us....

Also, members have been known to send staff what amounts to applause.....just really nice messages thanking us for what we do....or thanks us for applauding them

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I got told that when you get 100 of em you get a secret pigeon with a note of the address of ATS secret bunker number 2 (no one knows where the first is) and you can go there when the world ends.

A falcon, not a pigeon, and it's bunker number 4 (for numbers 1 thru 3, see Zaphod's post).

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What's an "applause"?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
What's an "applause"?

Not that.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

It's what ripped a hole in the space/time continuum and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
For all you mods and super mods and owners and overlords!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

No, no, no, that was caused by Crakeur using an emoticon. The dinosaurs were were just over fished, there wasn't any good conservation protocols in Precambrian Martian society.

Come on Zaphod, get your history right or crack the "real" books again my man.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: boymonkey74

A falcon, not a pigeon, and it's bunker number 4 (for numbers 1 thru 3, see Zaphod's post).

If it's a falcon you get, I'm going to work very, very hard for more applause.

Oh and Applause for all you hard working wonderful mods!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join