It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High tailing it back to Jesus Christ.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That's great news! Jesus Christ is the true spirit and source of all life and the only way to live is in harmony with him. If anyone lives in any way other than in harmony with Jesus Chris then their lives will be unbalanced and the door will be open for all forms of occult and demon activity.

I thank Jesus that He leads us lovingly and gently back to himself and forgives us completly if we truly repent.

The lost son has returned!

Praise God!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
These verses really show that Jesus taught The Way:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." - Matthew 7:12-14

Treating others as you would like them to treat you is The Law and The Prophets but for some reason, people see this as too simple, too narrow. I guess that's why it's called The "Narrow" Path.

God is Love and living through compassion is The Narrow Way.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I will tell you one thing - the suppressed evidence proving the real Christ is profound. It is there, and I should let it be known because it is not easy for everyone to hear the truth. The truth is not told everywhere.

It comes down to, those people who they listen to, are skeptical, meaning they make up their mind before they look at the evidence. So for anyone to slander my sources of evidence, I will slander theirs ten times more because a skeptic to not look at evidence and make up their mind is pathetic and equates only to being brain washed by the ego. IN that case everything they say could be false, and everything they like could be hate, nothing they predict will come true, and misunderstanding will rule their minds forever.

Now the people who have the truth are voices in the wind, they are calling out but nobody hears them because ti takes effort to reach behind those mainstream sources full of lies to the voices calling out in the wind. I guarantee that everything you have learned will prove to be the opposite of what is true.

The capitol of the Essenes was not Qumran.

The capitol of the Essenes was by Mt. Carmel. in northern Israel. The same Mt. Carmel is the gospels.

The Essenes were also referred to as Nazarines in the early days, because they were located by Nazareth.

With the exception of 3 priests with other duties, the direct group under the Teacher Of Righteousness were of 12 men.

The Essenes wrote the true New Testament, which is nothing like the NT in the bible.

The New Testament we have today was built by Rome and Greece, Greece because it was before Rome and it's knowledge was handed down into Rome.

They are Liars. That they would do such a thing as to denote the true high priest of the Christian Church of Jerusalem, directly after the death of Christ. James the Just, brother of Christ, was more important than ANY of the apostles. He was the main person to go to in Jerusalem, but the bible tries to hide this, it is only through other historical sources that we catch them, and it pisses me off that everyone in the world believes a wicked group of ancient liars!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
I am SO freaking happy for you bro...

This is really awesome.

You might want to check out Mike Shreve's story.

He was a New Age guru who dedicated his life to finding Nirvana when he had a supernatural encounter with God...

Well what happened is during that month-long period I got a letter from an old friend and he told me how he had been born-again, which was a foreign term to me. I didn’t understand, but he described Jesus coming into his heart and how he finally had an encounter with God. I wrote him back and said, “That doesn’t make sense to me.” But the letter just weighed on my mind until one day, as you said, I decided, you know, I’ve got to be open-minded. So I dedicated that whole day to the Lord Jesus and I said I’m not going to do yoga.

I’m not going to chant. I’m not going to do any meditation like I’m normally involved in. I’m just going to pray and read the Bible today. And if you really are the Messiah and if you really did come to die on a cross for the sense of humanity, then I believe you’ll show me today.

One of the members of the prayer group who happened to be a former yoga student himself, now that doesn't like coincidence, it sounds to me like a God instance. He was walking in a Laundromat and the Holy Spirit fell on him and said, "Don't go in there. I've got a job for you to do. Get in your van and start driving." He had no idea where God was going to lead him. But he started driving and every time he felt an impulse he'd take a turn. He didn't know that two miles away I was standing on the side of the ride hitchhiking.

I had been praying all day long from 3:30 in the morning until that afternoon that Jesus would reveal to me if he was the truth. And now I'm going to teach a yoga class. And he never picked up hitchhikers, but he said he felt this compulsion again to pull over the side of the road and pick me up. And when I opened the door and looked in my heart just started leaping inside of me. ...he had taped a picture of Jesus to the ceiling of his van... And that's the first thing I saw when I got in the van. I looked up and there's this picture. So I'm sitting on the edge of my seat in expectation.

And a few minutes later, he turned around and said, "Friend, can I ask you a question?" I said yes. He said, "Have you ever experienced Jesus coming into your heart?" I said, "No, but when can I?" And he gave me this surprise look like I wasn't supposed to respond so quick. He said, "You can come to our prayer meeting tonight." I said, "I don't want to wait that long." If I can find Jesus I want to find him now. And so he pulled the van over to the side of the road, left it running, we knelt down in the back of the van, we talked a little while, and then I prayed a simple prayer that I thought was too simple to bring me into contact with God, but it worked.

Sid: But it revolutionized his life. In fact, then he goes back to those hundreds of students at the four universities. And what did you tell your yoga students?

Mike: Most of my main students became Christians also. And we stopped the classes from that very point.

Video Transcript

Other links:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

So sick that story. Literally gave me goosebumps thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

What miracles happened to you? While I have seen miracles, which I don't really think of as miracles but rather events that violate what we think of as the laws of physics, they were sort of trivial events in some respect aside from their symbolic meaning to me, and did not seem to have a substantial impact on anyone's own life except for my own.

I have experienced teleportation of a group of objects and I have also seen an object disappear and then re-appear in quite an obviously impossible way in both cases.

On a side-note, I agree that the law of attraction plays a big part in people's lives. And on another side-note I would like to say I don't take the Bible literally but rather I take it as a book inspired by God just like many other works of literature, poetry, and philosophy, are also inspired by God. The Bible is a group of valuable perspective from mere human beings that gives us an important piece of the big picture. And Jesus Christ I do believe is the most beautiful example of how someone can live a happy and fulfilling life but I am not convinced that these stories really did happen, though I don't see them as impossible at all. In fact I think there is a certain close-mindedness that prevents the impossible from happening in more people's lives these days.

I went into a violent roll down a hill at about 60 miles an hour, ejected through the passenger window of a pick up truck, and woke up at least 2-300 feet from where the crash started and well beyond the truck, mostly unscathed. I consider that one of the miracles.

I was buried deep and rag dolled by four Hawaiian waves, lost my board after the first one threw me backwards over the top, I said my goodbyes but still ended up back on the sand before I passed out. I consider that another.

My wife made her way back to me after a freaking terrible break up, I used to pray "Lord, if I get her back it'll be like winning the lottery" .
I always knew that if I didn't it was for the best so I left it at that. I try to live by the notion "there will be water if God wills it". So I left it in his hands and began focusing on myself and my spiritual, mental and physical health, the rest fell into place. I consider that another.

I weaned myself off the gnarly antidepressant "Pristiq" and a healthy "Xanax" addiction. That's one.

Conquered panic disorder, it was a struggle but I did it! One of my favorites.

As a young person at the age of 12 or 13 and this is what really kicked my faith into gear, I was doubled over on the couch with some really painful stomach cramps (I think I was majorly dehydrated possibly) I prayed so hard for this to go away, in that instant I felt better, I hopped up of the couch and starting jumping and dancing around I was so happy that my prayer was answered and I felt 100% better. Yet another.

There have been a bunch more, some very minor, some pretty damn heavy. I know these can all be argued as coincidence or lucky circumstance, but for me, in my heart, before God, these are all kind loving miracles.

I also have witnessed what seemed to be teleportation! I have a crystal that a few people were wary of, it disappeared for about a month and we eventually found it placed under our bed....creepy. I also saw a very odd craft that did not seem of human nature. I have seen a a whole crew of shadow people. All these things when I was playing around in the occult. A place of which I do not plan on returning to.
edit on 19-11-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well met! Welcome back!

I have to say, that your story provokes fuzzy feelings. It was not ATS that lead me on my spiritual path, but a fear of death, and the emptiness of the atheistic viewpoint. I actually started with the new age stuff, started in reading and watching vids about the universe and physics, and Voila! Jesus.

Well, it wasn't quite like that, but close. Something spirit science said about Christ consciousness really clicked in me. It was then that I started to see more and more information about the Bible. Which got me to reading it. Which got me to kneel before the Lord, and confess my sinful nature, and return to Him that made me. The Lord will find a way if he wills it.

I find it very irksome that some folks feel as if science and spirituality have to be mutually exclusive. That's patently false. Science merely bolsters spirituality. If stiff-necked people would only admit that the Lord lies at the end of their questions about the beginning, then they could really do some good work. But that means that God comes along for the ride, and since most folks dislike accountability, they don't want anything to do wit that. Which is too bad, IMO. Science led me and a large host of other people to God, it can for others too, they just have to have enough gumption to ask God themselves.

Which is probably my final point. So many people want God to come to them, when obviously it is us that has to come to God. He meets us halfway, we however still have to extend our hands from the other side. Most don't want to make that effort, or they are afraid to come to the Lord for fear of ridicule or reproach. I am glad you saw through the new age glamour, and saw that only in the Lord's path can we truly attain enlightenment and understanding.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I must say that it seems like you have run parallel to my own experience. I've recently returned to Christ, but I have studied/been involved in just about any religion you can think of: Wicca, Asatru, Buddhism,* gasp * Satanism, Protestant , Catholic, Orthodox etc; the point I wish to make is that through it all , Christ was always in the back of my mind. I may believe that the bible has been altered many times and the timeline(s) of Christ may different than what we've been led to believe, but I am convinced that The supreme being, GOD, did manifest in the flesh so as to lead us to him and give us a way to true Salvation. Who is to say God didn't intervene with more cultures than the Israelites would lead us to believe, and these cultures interpreted it differently?Maybe it was God's will that those like us explore various ideas and beliefs to see how he permeates all things.After all Faith in God is paramount, but to put total faith into any one religion nowadays is kind of foolish thing to do. To many corrupt religious leaders.That's why I accept Christ but refuse to pick a denomination. I've many thoughts and much to say, but for now I thank you for sharing. It's good to know I'm not alone in my former multiple religious endeavors.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What's up everybody! I'm in Ventura California right now, visiting family, surfing, skating and soaking in the sun, off work for ten days.

I was worried about catching Ebola on my way here,
but I dont think I have and It was very much worth it.

Just wanted to say happy thanksgiving......
edit on 27-11-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Here we are a little less than a year later. Only very recently have I actually come full circle and begun to restore my relationship with Christ. Sky is the limit now.

These past months have been trying, a struggle, but ultimately a valuable opportunity for learning.

It truly is very simple, took me until now to realize this. I'm excited to proceed into the future with what I know now.

I really enjoyed re-reading this thread, there was some awesome feedback! It's cool to read with a new perspective.
edit on 13-9-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

"Only recently I came full circle"

I'm not clear, did you return to New Age stuff, then come back again? Have a dry period?

"...trying, a struggle..."

How often do you pray, do you have a routine? A time, a place?

"What I know now"

What do you know now? What is so simple?

"New perspective"

What's your new perspective? And if you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious....where do you go to church?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really enjoy conversion/reversion stories. Thanks in advance for continuing to share your story.
edit on 13-9-2015 by Ignatian because: Grammar and clarity

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

"Only recently I came full circle"

I'm not clear, did you return to New Age stuff, then come back again? Have a dry period?

"...trying, a struggle..."

How often do you pray, do you have a routine? A time, a place?

"What I know now"

What do you know now? What is so simple?

"New perspective"

What's your new perspective? And if you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious....where do you go to church?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really enjoy conversion/reversion stories. Thanks in advance for continuing to share your story.

No worries! I don't mind. Kinda vague I was.

Someone earlier in this thread described me have strong core beliefs, (Christian I suppose though I'm not quite religous) straying from those beliefs, getting lost than returning to those core beliefs as coming full circle. That actually hasn't happened until literally a few days ago.

No way am I giving new age beliefs the time of day ever again. This reality is amazing, and I feel there are bits of truth hidden in many different spiritual belief systems, but maybe digging too deep in one specific area can draw us away from Jesus.

I pray all day long, I don't really pray though, just kinda talk to him in my mind. There are a lot of thanks, no requests really, only sometimes do I sit down and have a more serious prayer.

My new perspective is one of sobriety, which is kind of brand new to me really, I'm a bit more mature, I'm chasing my dreams, and I'm crazy motivated to be the best man I can be for my family.

10 months ago when I made this thread I was still in a negative place, physically spiritually and mentally. I wanted out but that was the struggle. It's been a rough chapter of life, It's cool to be beyond that.

Church? I used to go to a Christian church, I think baptist, called "New life assembly", haven't been in over a year or two, but have an urge to go back. Though I like to think I'm not religous, it's a good place. Always a positive message, we always feel good leaving and don't regret going, and I think it's a healthy thing to get into.

What I know now that is so simple is that I find happiness in just accepting Christ into my heart and just living my life with that energy, more so than constantly obsessing over what I'm unable to comprehend anyway.
edit on 13-9-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join