It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Cases Outside of Africa all 5 of them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HappyThoughts

Agreed 100%. Some people on the Ebola hype train went way off the deep end. I said something a couple of times a couple of weeks ago and was beat up on ATS over it.

West Nile is a bigger threat, So Cal has its largest outbreak ever, and more deaths here in the US. Where are the threads about that?

I hope those fear mongering Ebola fanatics feel silly by now.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Off topic a bit, I note the join date of 10/21/2014 and a total of 66 posts. Half of them Ebola related, with some other tangents on Syria and ISIS and remote viewing thrown in for good measure.

You didn't respond to anything I said in my, on topic, last post to you. Instead you have to attack my character.

Btw, in comparison, your last 66 something posts were almost all about Ebola. So what does that say then. Just because I registered last week and made most of my comments about the most popular current subject must mean I am an agent right?

More inadequate drivel.

edit on 1-11-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

As you can see they are not capable of logical thought or self reflection.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes it's pretty hard to back up. I agree completely.a reply to: nukedog

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

West Nile is a bigger threat, So Cal has its largest outbreak ever, and more deaths here in the US. Where are the threads about that?

West Nile has been here for 14 years at least. It is still not growing exponentially.
When we know for sure where the Ebola infection rates will level off, then we can make a legitimate comparison.

While the Ebola infection rates are still doubling every three weeks, its impossible to make any comparisons to other viral disorders. Doing so is not denying ignorance, it is ignorance, much like the guy falling from a cliff enjoying the view, and thinking things are good, while ignoring the ground racing up to meet him...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: HappyThoughts
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Good post.

So what does that say about the communicability of Ebola vs other diseases. What does that say about its ability to ever become a global threat?

And what does it say about the ability of a lot of ATS members to discern real issues from non issues?
Thanks. I'd prefer to just address the issue without draging the personalities and abilities of my fellow members into the mix. It makes for nasty messy threads.
It's certainly possible to educate people without insulting anyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Apparently on ATS it isn't. At least I know that some of this will stick.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Please show proof of this alleged news embargo and information black out. People have eyes and ears. There is no way to keep a secret unless and only unless only one person knows it. This isn't called the information age for nothing.
I think you're attributing way more power to government than is even possible. We are privy to every sexual indiscretion of officials. Something that they're really invested in keeping secret but global pandemics, that they can keep a lid on?
a reply to: lakesidepark

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Pandemic has many definitions in different dictionaries.
Large area, country, countries, continents etcetera.

adjective
(of a disease) prevalent throughout an entire country, continent, or the whole world; epidemic over a large area.

Ebola can become pandemic worldwide in it's current form.

Your insistence upon an artificial timeline has no basis.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Your insistence upon an artificial timeline has no basis.

No basis? Way to ignore stuff. I'll just repeat until you answer.

It is clear that Ebola, in its current from is not infectious enough to become a pandemic. If it was more people would have been infected worldwide. Why is this so hard to understand? Infected people have travelled. No other passengers got sick. The only thing you can argue is that it will mutate and become airborne. Are you going to go for that angle? At least go for that angle then to make at least a little bit of sense.

If the infected travellers didn't infect other passengers, or even family members, how is Ebola going to do so in the future to become a pandemic? How do you explain this? I'll await your answer.
edit on 1-11-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No I didn't notice that. I noticed that we were told about Amber Vinson's travels. I've noticed that we were advised of a lab worker who wasn't infected when she took a cruise. One where after paying for a cruise was locked in her cabin and only saw the Yukatan through a porthole. . I've noticed the crowds following an uninfected nurse practically into her private bathroom. I've noticed cases after case of "Possible Ebola case in Timbuktu" then the story that follows is most often, false alarm, bad tuna sandwich. I've noticed common sense being bypassed for fear mongering. That's what I've noticed. But the good thing about claims of censorship and spin is that it requires no proof because, well because it's censored. It's practically self propagating.

a reply to: nukedog

edit on AMu30u11114439302014-11-01T09:39:49-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hmmm. I wonder what the total sum is for how many people have died in Africa jn the last thousand years. I wonder if the total is less or more then people who have died in Europe and Japan and everything from the world wars.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well,
Your 'logic' is insurmountable.
Infected people haven't infected others in the west therefore they cannot do so in the future.
Lesson learned.
I bow to your wisdom.
Enjoy your thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What are you having a bad day?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I didn't really need an illustration of exponentiality. Replace the word ebola with fear of Ebola and you have a truer picture of the situation. a reply to: lakesidepark

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Does that depend on your location?

Like what if your talking to me and I'm I'm Africa?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
No that doesn't cut it. You can't claim "I know but I can't tell you" . If you can hint at it you can just say it. Coy doesn't play here. reply to: lakesidepark

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What are you having a bad day?

No,
Having a pretty good day.
It's just that repeating,
"Yes it can."
"No it can't"
"Yes it can."
"No it can't"
isn't a real stimulating way to spend the day.

Take care.

edit on 1-11-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
Well,
Your 'logic' is insurmountable.
Infected people haven't infected others in the west therefore they cannot do so in the future.
Lesson learned.
I bow to your wisdom.
Enjoy your thread.

I'll just take this as an admission that you have no logical or intelligent way to back up your, or refute my claims.

Don't forget to leave the thread walking backwards while bowing.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark
While the Ebola infection rates are still doubling every three weeks,

Doubling every three weeks? In the US, the index case infected two people, almost exactly three weeks ago. They did not infect anyone else, and have been cleared of the virus. A second imported case appears not to have infected anyone so far. Similarly negligible "outbreaks" have also been stemmed in Spain and several African countries. Outside West Africa, the infection rate is at--or hovering very near to--zero. Doubling zero is still zero.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join