It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see you.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Cuervo

Yes....they are...tools...

Des

Katana!

~Funk

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
I've noticed another tactic.
To take a logically false yet unarguable point.

They also taunt to get you engaged.

Ad hominem attacks are a big part of their function.
just how

Yes I have seen that just recently in a perverse way..the 'Law' versus the Morality of some police, and what they just know they will get away with 'Legally' Mind you it didn't kill the thread this time round.

edit on 1-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

The best way to defeat these types is to:

1) Not take the bait
2) Call their bluff
3) Keep emotions out of it, hold your poker face come hell or high water
4) Force them to speak in context by sticking to the context at hand, leaving you uneffected by diversive tactics

9 out of 10 times you're able to shut them up by about the third post because they were unsuccessful at deflecting you from the main point at hand, thereby unable to force you into irrelevent circular arguments and semantics.

People don't like to be made to look the fool in front of others, so they will do one of four things if it's starting to look that way:

1) Backpeddle
2) Attempt a new fallacious strategy
3) Move the goal posts
4) Run like hell

The internet is like a pond... loaded with biodiversity ranging from single-celled amoeba to bottom feeders to upper foodchain predators... and everything in between.

I know you already know all this, but sometimes it helps to re-see it written in black and white every now and then.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
They work as a group.
Corner one of them and another steps in.
Ridicule being their main tool.

Just keep repeating what they dont want you to say.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's not about communicating. It's about condemning.

Yes i understand , that is why i do not respond or read the subjects on ATS that quickly lead to this behaviour , i rarely respond to people with insane statements , because i do not see the logic in engaging in these kinds of arguments.

As for trolls or elements of Dis information , i doubt this platform ( ATS ) gives them enough satisfaction .
I believe most people here have developed the decent size BS sensor.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

well the inherent flaw in this whole thing is that regardless of what the facts are, they are coming from someone else with their own agenda. Just look at Alex Jones, years ago he was respected on this site and now its about 50/50 love/hate.

We are conspiracy theorists, so of course there are going to be disagreements on the legitimacy of a thing and accusations on both sides of misinformation. And this is where the above point comes into play, because you can find "facts" for all sides of an issue.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
i rarely respond to people with insane statements
Insane certainly is a subjective concept. Makes me think back to when I had philosophical thoughts about what a troll really is. Some, I'm not saying all, of what people label trolls and BS, is certainly not, but just someone who is so outside of the groupthink that the rest will perceive it as troll/BS. In my book being popular is almost always a sign of being shallow and/or perverted.
edit on 491130Sun, 02 Nov 2014 05:49:16 -0600201416pAmerica/Chicago2014-11-02T05:49:16-06:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist

originally posted by: TheGreazel
i rarely respond to people with insane statements
Insane certainly is a subjective concept. Makes me think back to when I had philosophical thoughts about what a troll really is. Some, I'm not saying all, of what people label trolls and BS, is certainly not, but just someone who is so outside of the groupthink that the rest will perceive it as troll/BS. In my book being popular is almost always a sign of being shallow and/or perverted.

If the person in question is able to provide valid proof of such claims then it does not has to matter how insane the statement is , my aim was more at the personal oppinions that some people have made reality , like the occasional " i talk to god" threads.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Where are you guys seeing the majority of this? I don't really notice anyone I think is trolling. I notice people that disagree and generally hold certain opinions, but I don't think they're doing it for fun.

If someone is baiting you hit ALERT. If someone is posting ad hominems hit ALERT. If you suspect sock puppetry hit ALERT.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Read most of thread and came to realization ....................I like reading threads for the most part and not debating in them. Once in a while Ill add my 2 cents..............but its only worth 2 cents. S&F good thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join