It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see you.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

It's obvious that there are several 'members' who are all focusing on the "ebola is no threat and anyone who thinks differently is a fool" meme. Not the standard ATS discussion but more of the generic web duds just repeating the same thing incessantly. Then the same group parrots it back and forth to each other. It's pretty ham fisted. It's like watching dumb and dumber go undercover at a mensa meeting.

These kind of people give away themselfs , everyone with the slightest knowledge about Pandemic diseases knows it has to be contained at the earliest stage.

Spanish flu
en.wikipedia.org...

The black death
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I've noticed another tactic.
To take a logically false yet unarguable point.

They also taunt to get you engaged.

If they can't insult you enough then they insult others in hopes you will defend.

Ad hominem attacks are a big part of their function.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

It's not even about the disease, it's about attacking a point of view for a specific purpose.
We all have different opinions and go around like cats and dogs when we get into things but we trade information and discuss.

These people will mark off a rhetorical set of parameters and then follow their script ad nauseam.
It's not about communicating. It's about condemning.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I remember having to tell my ex wife not to argue with a three year old.
Man, Just had to stop and take my own advice.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Trolls are like cats-ignore them and they'll harass you; feed them and they'll still want more.

I don't have a contingency plan to deal with trolls but I'll defend anyone that I see that has obviously been trolled, and if others stand up as well the offenders will slink back to their bridge.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's like those little bitty dogs that yap so shrill they annoy the entire neighborhood. You really want to drop kick the little bugger over a fence but just can't.

LOL!!! Love it! I hadn't thought of that analogy, but it certainly fits.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Red Herrings are as well. Once you recognize it, or, it is pointed out, it is easy to find.

Make a point, and the point itself, is never addressed.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You really want to drop kick the little bugger over a fence but just can't.

Hey I say that all the time about the neighbors little barky bitey though cute creature :-)

Still always consider when you think these thoughts, you don't know who you are dealing with, I would be willing to bet at least some of the annoying ones are really little 12-15 year olds.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

I read in a book that it is possible to stand in the middle of a battlefield where people are dying and still be totally at peace, which may or may not be true.

This is true it is called being catatonic!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

About all you can do is ignore them. Even if you bring facts to the table that refutes what they say, they just disappear and pop up in other threads, spouting the same BS.

The main problem is that the spouted one mans BS is another Mans SB.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It's obvious that there are several 'members' who are all focusing on the "ebola is no threat and anyone who thinks differently is a fool" meme. Not the standard ATS discussion but more of the generic web duds just repeating the same thing incessantly. Then the same group parrots it back and forth to each other. It's pretty ham fisted. It's like watching dumb and dumber go undercover at a mensa meeting.

Ebola has not yet become a huge threat (clearly) especially to the US, people who wish to feel in fear like we were supposed to with "Swine fever pandemic" and "bird flu pandemic" fine let them fear all they want but why would anyone care if someone else disagrees?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
Yes you.
The incessant troll with a straw man in one hand and a sock puppet on the other.
Youre not very good at it but you are obvious and annoying.
Infant.

I do so long for the days of the ignore button sometimes.
End of "rant"

Good day.

If these are the types of people I think they are, you should value them. I've found that some of the most trollish of people I encounter are the best tools for me to clarify my perspective and make it better understood.

Unless the trollish (sock puppet/strawman/whatever) people are actually "right", use those people as the tools they are.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Yes....they are...tools...

Des

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good cop , bad cop sock puppets!
Oh boy.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Lot of truth in this thread...

S&F

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: TheGreazel

It's not even about the disease, it's about attacking a point of view for a specific purpose.
We all have different opinions and go around like cats and dogs when we get into things but we trade information and discuss.

These people will mark off a rhetorical set of parameters and then follow their script ad nauseam.
It's not about communicating. It's about condemning.

As if one's "side" can not afford to take any criticism at all. Something comes up that can't be refuted. "Well, look what they did?" Um, yeah, so? That's irrelevant. Also deflection. OR, go on about all the other things they "think" is wrong. Deflection and obfuscation. Videodrome was right. Just didn't take in the scope of the internet. It IS an arena.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I never did see Videodrome.
Might have to go back and look at it.
See what Blondie had to say.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It's a Cronenberg film. Pretty disturbing.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
I'm swaying toward the trolls to be a multiple accouter, simply because their voice in writing seem very the same sometimes:

Writers voice.

Cross reference the suspected people you encounter, and you may find some undeniable patterns.

Well,

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: introspectionist

I read in a book that it is possible to stand in the middle of a battlefield where people are dying and still be totally at peace, which may or may not be true.

This is true it is called being catatonic!
lol. I thought it was very interesting though. This is the book I read it in. I read in this book that you can meditate on physical pain until you don't get any emotion at all attached to the physical sensation and can actually feel it as pure energy that can be beautiful.

<< 1    3 >>

join