It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Couple Held in Qatar Speaks: 'We Are Being Kidnapped'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

American Couple Held in Qatar Speaks: 'We Are Being Kidnapped'
by Katie Couric News Video 14:02 mins
In an exclusive interview, Yahoo's Global News Anchor Katie Couric speaks to Grace and Matthew Huang, an American couple facing the death penalty after the sudden death of their young daughter in Qatar. They say they are being held unfairly by a broken judicial system overseas, but remain hopeful the U.S. Government will soon come to their aid.

screen.yahoo.com...
This is just crazy you have to klik the link for the full interview this couple is facing death!! if you look at the vid the kids seems happy and normal man just don't get entangled in a foreign justice system the Qatari government is hell bent on murdering this couple because they adopted African children and they are Asian American..that's it ! they are compounding one tragedy after another,such backwardness among shiny new buildings.
edit on 1-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

(post by MysterX removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I really feel sorry for the couple and the remaining kids... I knew someone who got in trouble in Laos for being married and owning property with his Laotian wife. The charge was not proper paperwork in Laos for their marriage and due to the marriage joint property ownership was not allowed.. something like that ?

The government started out a wanting jail time and 7000 USD.. Everything in that country starts out at 7000 for a U.S. citizen... The coupled called the American Embassy at the beginning of their trials and tribulations.. Basically you got yourself into the mess and you are on your own.. Look no farther than Mexico and some of the U.S. citizens that were or have been held for extended periods of time for very little reason.... IMO..

The couple ended up paying about 500 USD to the right people and if I remember correctly they moved out of country and had the wife's relatives sell their property for them... Lucky for them I suppose; for in many countries all property would have ended up in the states/country hands...

So I suppose what I am trying to say is unless the news really makes a big deal out of the couple's case I would not hold my breath expecting the Embassy to do squat for them.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hostile, backward looking and openly barbaric people, who outwardly appear to be the model of 21st century progress are anything but ideologically progressive is a lesson to remember that all that apparent progress is really just a facade to appear civilised.

I phrased my earlier reply in a crude manner, and that was wrong, but this is how i feel.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Chased the money in the wrong place. Other places enforce their laws, right or wrong, innocent or not. It isn't USA.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Off topic.

Earlier today i posted a reply in this thread, that upon reflection i can see how some people could have naturally taken my meaning wrongly.

It was an off the cuff remark using an often used local colloquialism we have in Britain, a crude one at that.

I want to make it crystal clear, especially to the member or members who read it and took it literally, that i am very sorry for the offence and anger i generated by the misunderstanding...i assure you wholeheartedly that the words used were not meant to be taken literally, and realise how it might have read and misunderstood by members unfamiliar with the crude, slang saying.

I promise you, it wasn't meant the way it read, that isn't who i am.

Once again, my most sincere apologies.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If your going to travel t obackward country's then dont complain if you get hit with there backward laws.

Being a "American" does not afford special treatment.

You go to another sovereign country you are subject to that country's rule, right or for wrong.

If you think a country is unjust or backward then you have the freedom to choose not to visit that country.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Basically you got yourself into the mess and you are on your own..

And that how it should be!

The US embassy should be capable of doing nothing. It another sovereign country's land and its there rules. The US of A should have no power to interfere with a foreign country's internal legal affairs.
edit on 1-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
first of all they were charged with child trafficking , the child that died looked skinny as if she didn't eat for a long time from a police report , and were charged of killing her so that they could sell her organs , the couples were given 6 to 7 hours time to communicate with their other children through Skype every day .

the US ambassador in Qatar will be attending the trial , that's what i read in an other news website .

so the country has a law , i don't know what is wrong with that , these things happen in every country around the world , why is it when an American is taken to jail because of what ever the reason is the Americans gets angry and their government interferes with that countries laws and force them to release the convicted ?

how are you "Being Kidnapped" when you have access to Skype for more than 6 hours every day ?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Brutal story.

Thing is, arab societies implementing sharia are mentally pretty much at the level when those laws were first enacted, i.e. first millenia A.D. For example, the practice of slavery was not uncommon as late as 1950s, and hidden slavery happens even today.

The practice of that law is not transparent in these countries. Basically the idea is to allow rulers to rule, and use the law as they please. And this is the case here as well. Government officials do not see why an Asian (3rd rate race for the arabs) would adopt Africans (4th rate race for arabs), so they naturally see it as more logical and plausible that this couple was involved with human traficing and organ sales, and deserve to be put to death by sword.

Its a really brutal story, and we have not seen end of it yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Yes from what I gather they are projecting their own bias?? not exactly the word I am looking for on the matter there is a theory based on ???..after finding nothing they let them go but kept them, now to retry them with a possibility of death hanging over their heads,the child is dead fact,raising them to sell their organs not a thread of evidence, and where is the their two other children?? at home with the couple's relatives if they really believe this then why not make the children wards of the state,since in their warped view Asians cannot adopt African children.
edit on 2-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If your going to travel t obackward country's then dont complain if you get hit with there backward laws.

Being a "American" does not afford special treatment.

You go to another sovereign country you are subject to that country's rule, right or for wrong.

If you think a country is unjust or backward then you have the freedom to choose not to visit that country.

Yes but in this case his firm took them there,it's pretty hard for expats to know how messed-up the legal system is in any given country you generally try to follow the rules both written and unwritten but when a situation goes beyond your control you kinda expect some amount of fairness and competence,one thing your Consulate always tell you is contact them when you get into a legal battle,the premise is your country (THE US.OF A) won't allow you to get railroaded.

new topics

top topics

join