It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

young people on old record covers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I just got a weird feeling from looking at an old record cover. I grew up listening to this music that was produced decades before my time and now I look at the pictures and realize I'm ten years older than most of the musicians in the pictures...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Look at these baby faces:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure I get your op. Are you saying you dreamt the covers?
Anyway, I got a kick out of seeing all these old covers brought back to life, not sure on the song though - but some great albums that kick in some beautiful memories.
Nothing beats the size of an LP, the art, the details about the band, lyrics. Putting on a record was an event it had magic you could hold, tangible. The first crackles before the track kicks, and then it's pure enjoyment as you look over the art. Very sad that the download generation miss that, music is a consumable as common as coke. Vinyl is having a small underground comeback of sorts, I'd love to see them back in a big way.

Anyway, check this out, it's very clever!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

And just realized this made no sense. Someone hold me.
edit on 0120141120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

haha I love your signature

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I love those old records.
I still have the original albums of Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ted Nugent, Styx, Cheap Trick and a lot more.

You're saying you're 10 years older now than they were then?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Yeah, I'm 30 and most of those people were at the peak of their career in their early twenties it seems.

I remember having a similar feeling when I saw working people in stores etc. becoming my own age as opposed to older, when I saw people on TV being my own age, when I realized my mother had already given birth to me when she was my age, when I started seeing my parents aging for the first time, when I saw how much my sister looked like my mother etc. For a while I felt the world slipping me by without me getting a piece of it, me missing the train, then I stopped caring. Now I'm just an observer, don't contribute much to this world and am not where the action is and have no grief over it, the opposite actually.
edit on 161130Sat, 01 Nov 2014 05:16:05 -0500201405pAmerica/Chicago2014-11-01T05:16:05-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

He is saying he feels old.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Giant centipede wins again.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ahhh, that makes sense cheers. Anyway don't fear getting old, it's simply a higher score in the RPG of life.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

I remember having a similar feeling when I saw working people in stores etc. becoming my own age as opposed to older, when I saw people on TV being my own age, when I realized my mother had already given birth to me when she was my age, when I started seeing my parents aging for the first time, when I saw how much my sister looked like my mother etc. For a while I felt the world slipping me by without me getting a piece of it, me missing the train, then I stopped caring. Now I'm just an observer, don't contribute much to this world and am not where the action is and have no grief over it, the opposite actually.

That is really a mouthful. I too contemplate that the world as we know it has slipped by...perhaps the world as we perceived it at that particular time did anyway. It's like a viscious circle that revisits itself five minutes from now...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I love those old records.
I still have the original albums of Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ted Nugent, Styx, Cheap Trick and a lot more.

You forgot Boston:-) I enjoyed Seger at Cobo Hall in the mid to late 70's the Saxophone player was awesome!

Met him and the back up chicks out back after and they actually walked around and mingled with us peons.
Good times indeed.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Perhaps you are realizing how fast time has passed. I remember the first time I saw music videos by musicians like Sinead O'Connor and Tasmin Archer back in the 1990's. It's not until that I saw those videos again a few months ago, that I realized over 20 years had passed.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
sucks getting older....crazy how perspectives change...
im 37 now...i watch movies that i thought were awesome as a kid and they suck balls now....

when youre 10, 37 years old seems like a world away...seems like you have all kinds of time.
seems like i blinked and the time is gone....i have more past than future now and it scares me...

i remember being young..running around the florida heat playing soccer..things like that

now im 37 and get winded if i walk up a couple flights of stairs....i have to take meds....i piss all night..
ive had a few surgeries......my son just turned 18....its crazy man.....

im almost halfway to 80....almost a half century old....my father is dead....my mother is in her 60's....
its freaky
on a side not since you mentioned old record covers....this does not exactly have a young person on it but my dad had this on the shelf when i was growing up...i thought(and still do) it was the coolest record cover of all time.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
OP, are you saying you feel weird enjoying a product that was 'invented' by a person younger than you? Like shouldnt younger people than yourself be worse than you, so that would make something about you, worse, for enjoying, something that should be worse than you?

If that is something, like what you are getting at, I suffer from this same thing, but in classical music. I refuse to listen to (and when I have at rare times listened to it, maybe by accident, I refuse to enjoy it) music that Mozart composed when he was 11 years old for example...even though it is good! It is as if something about it, diminishes the quality of all music, or diminishes the quality of myself, to appreciate the art of an 11 year old. Are they smarter than me, more capable, more skilled, what am I willfully accepting that I am worse than an 11 year old, and would bow at their lap and feet in admiration of their talents? Anyway, i think Mozart composed music as young as the age of like 6 or something... oh well. Id imagine it a similar feeling to your boss being much younger than you.

new topics

top topics

join