It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Australia punching above it weight .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Having quickly done a search on aid overseas we rank 16th in the world , we have the worlds 13th largest economy and we rank 50th by population . It seams we are sitting about where we should be .These are govt aid figures and dont include money that the general population donate . Are we racist ,sure there are a few but i can imagine as each generation rolls through this will disappear . And as to who has our back . Same countries that have had it for the last 70 odd years .

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

I wonder if Tony Abbott cooks . As for being another state of America ,just tell them is another state of Australia . Kind of like a big Tasmania .

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EaglesFan

First of all what would you have us change . We have our chance for change every 4 years ,but the bottom line with elections is what is in it for me . As for being overrun , i doubt it . There are 2 major obstacles to overcome ,first the sea makes a nice buffer and i doubt any force could sneek up .Seconly the top half of Australia i made up of a lot of nothing . Gotta drink if you want to fight . Also i am sure given time our allies would poor in to help .

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Way to break down a post and answer . I cannot say i disagree with anything you said in your 8 part answer . And i must apologise for my my statement about fighting against Islam , it is wrong as you point out . But communism is not the flavour of the month any more . Then i guess you also have peacekeeping efforts . Now i look at it i was way off . Sadly no one here has given a definitive yes or no to my question and my guess is there is no such answer . Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

First of all what would you have us change . We have our chance for change every 4 years ,but the bottom line with elections is what is in it for me.

Put some honest people in power and then maybe we can talk about fair elections... As of right now I do not vote, I don't even waste my time going to sign my name off at the booth, they send me a fine and I don't bother paying it either.. I want nothing to do and no part of the current corrupt system. I'd rather go to jail and spit on the government than vote in some smooth talking moron who only renegs most of the promises he made somewhere down the track..

As for being overrun , i doubt it . There are 2 major obstacles to overcome ,first the sea makes a nice buffer and i doubt any force could sneek up .Seconly the top half of Australia i made up of a lot of nothing . Gotta drink if you want to fight . Also i am sure given time our allies would poor in to help .

Most of our country live on the Ocean... A major power wouldn't even have to worry about the North, they could obliterate us from the Ocean. The only major city that isn't on the Ocean is Canberra and I wouldn't even call that major, just a safe haven for the idiots in charge.
edit on 2-11-2014 by EaglesFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You have a right to vote . Many countries dont have that right . If you choose not to exorcise that right dont complain . Perhaps you should consider entering politics .

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

You have a right to vote . Many countries dont have that right . If you choose not to exorcise that right dont complain . Perhaps you should consider entering politics .

I don't see it as a right... It's a "You must or"... I should have the right not to vote without being fined and hounded if I refuse to turn up to the ballot box even if it's just to sign my name off the list.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Actually this is from
"Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."

Abraham Lincoln

Australia is just another Colony of Britain. We wouldnt have had Whitlam thrown out by the Governor General Kerr in 1974 otherwise.
If you think you live in a democracy think again. Why have a military officer able to dismiss an elected Government? Military officer...are we still at war, or are we just another vassal state of Britain.

Where do you get the idea that Cabinets look to a referendum anytime they try to implement policy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join