It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Evian G8 News :The police...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The police, while attempting to prevent a blockade on the highway, caused the fall of an activist who hung himself on a bridge with a rope.

The situation is highly serious but his days are not in danger.

The piece of news has been transmitted to the legal team and the medias in order to save this activist. After having his rope cut, he fell for 20 meters before landing on the highway, screaming.

It seems that the police has refused to let the ambulance pass...

This happened during a demo from Geneva to the border.

[Edited on 1-6-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the summit has to start two hours later because of the blockages, this has been confirmed by a mainstream radio station in lausanne.

geneva 5 :00 in morning A few hundred activists are blocking the three main bridges across Geneva since around 5.a.m. this morning. At the Pont-sous-Terre, civilian cars tried to force their way through, punching activists on some occasion. the blockage at Coulouvreniere bridge is turning to riot. Activists are ripping out wooden protections from the shops around.

10 :30 The demonstration starts with 15.000 people.

st. cergues from 6 :00 am to 10 :15 am there is a burning blockage. 800 to 1000 ppl are directly near the red zone and blocking one bigger and one smaller road. many different groups are involved in this action : disobbedienti, pink silver an other. at least one hurt person, male, has a head injury. she was hit by gas grenade. the police is only using tear gas, but no water canons and is not aggressive trying to clear the road at st cergues. they activists in st.cergues try to keep here blockage up until 3pm.

10 :30 Some activists just came back to the action camps from the blockade and are reporting in the media center :

"We were gassed for about hours. We came back because we are exhausted. We heard some activists would come to replace us. But we didn't cross any group. The police is not agressive there. The road is still blocked. Before we left we held a meeting on next strategy to follow. I have the feeling that if we would be more we could break through the police and block also the other road, because the polic is not aggressive and they are only 40 policemen on the road and 20 in the village. They just used once the watercanon.

About 15 minutes ago 4 people in saint cergues were arrested, police was trying to attac demonstration through the woods

annemasse 11.45 in annemasse blockade : stable but less and less people, samba band still playing (with some breaks). One person injured on his leg by granade but can still get back himself. Someone else injured on head. Was unconcious. person taken away by ambulance.

12 :50 the people from the blockage started a demonstration back to annemass. there are burning barricades between the demo and the police. the police don't see the move of people and continued to block the road themselves for a while.

Statut :

Information : confirm� par Dispatch

lausanne

Pink and Black Block reached the Bourdonette

The demo of Pink and Black Block reached the official camping of the Bourdonette.

After having been dispersed near the Red Zone (Rue de Nanteu) Pink and Black Block met in Place Mont Oliviers. About 1500 people reached the Camping of the Bourdonette (official camping) around 11 :30. The police check the situation without intervening. 12.45 police surrounding campng lausanne. cops want to make id checks, 1000 ppl are sitting with their hands in the air. ... peoples arrested by police.

13.15 500-800 people inside, 50 riot cops want id checks. so far ppl refuse. police says that everyne who has no papers will be arrested

13.35 In the official camp in Lausanne, the police had pushed demonstrators back into the camp from the demonstration, and then surrounded the camp. They asked people for identity papers. Police then started to quick-cuff people and are now dragging them away.

The demo planned for this afternoon at 15 :00 has been cancelled by the authorities. The movement will hold an assembly at 16 :00 at Parc de Milan.

11 :20 people who were hanging off a bridge across the highway in aubonne ca.15 km to lausanne were cut off by the police. some perople was doing an action hanging out of a bridge. police came and struggling to get them up they cut the rope holding one of the activist who fell for 20 m and was seriously hurt. at first he was given no medical treatment, now apparently taken away by a police helicopter. two others were arrested.

He is now in stable condition at the hospital, and at the Hospital in Lausanne.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So what is the big deal with G8???

Why it is so bad???

Why do these people go so overboard???

Is G8 to blame for all this mess???

Or is it groups like Black Block???

I have heard that Black Block is full of Agents.

The violent ideals of many Black Block activists are said to be tactics that the Pawns of the Global System assure are used in order to discredit the protestors and further install fear, chaos, rebellion and outrage.

What do you think???

And what can you tell me about G8 protestors.

What are they protesting???

Abe

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
So what is the big deal with G8???
The same that each year: Trying to rule the world

Why it is so bad???
Because everyone who try to rule the world caused disastear

Why do these people go so overboard???
Because it's summer, Evian is a nice place, and they it's a good occasion to meet, eat, drink some beer, listen some music and smoke some swiss local-hemp

Is G8 to blame for all this mess???
Yes, but in fact it's not G8, It's G7 + 1

Or is it groups like Black Block???
[Color=blue] I dont know about them, I dont like their name [black block], it sound like black boots or Vlaams Blok, a extrem-right party, they must be at the extrem-right of the extrem-left

I have heard that Black Block is full of Agents.

The violent ideals of many Black Block activists are said to be tactics that the Pawns of the Global System assure are used in order to discredit the protestors and further install fear, chaos, rebellion and outrage.

What do you think???

And what can you tell me about G8 protestors.

What are they protesting???
[color=cyan]They are protesting for many good things : A New deal between north and south, social Justice and equality, Nation welfare and freedom of thinking, and tell what you have to say

Abe

[Edited on 1-6-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I still don't see the point. I don't understand how G8 is bad. I am not convinced that G8 is bad, not in the least bit. I ask people to teach me about G8 and they know nothing. Maybe that is part of the reason they protest G8, no???

Abe

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oh well, at least no one was killed this year...

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Oh well, at least no one was killed this year...

This may happen...

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Thousands clog roads to Evian,
clash with police!

Now this is getting out of hand, what ever happened to don't worry nothing will happen?!

msnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a poster on another board I frequent apparently lives in that area and heard gunshots and stuff. it's sad when what should be a peaceful protest gets out of hand. people get hurt and no one's cause is forwarded, neither the G8's nor the protestors.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This G8 conspiracy has gotten out of hand. No one can even give viable reasons that this G8 group is bad. No one!!!!!!

I have been asking this question for days.

They all same the same thing:

"Blah Blah Blah"

I don't see what is so bad about G8, not yet.

I understand why people would protest the Round Table and the Rockefeller Foundation, but why G8, just because we can???

What are the REAL reasons G8 is bad???

Anyone???

Can anyone tell me how these meetings are illegal or immoral in anyway???

That would be great. Thanks

Abe

[Edited on 2-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

top topics

join