It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jian Ghomeshi - CBC's biggest scandalous story ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I have been following this story as I am a fan of Q,and despite how bad it looks for him, I will let the courts decide if he is guilty or not. This whole media circus over it reaks of nothing more than a smear campaign,and imho if he had been intelligent about his activities,he has proof of consent.

And if he is found guilty will you then write to him in jail, tell him you believe in his innocence and pledge your love?
That's quite a stretch. I could easily choose to jump on the public scrutiny bandwagon of judge,jury,and executioner. I have a past of being abused as a child,and date raped as a teen,and abused as a wife. That does not mean,that I have the right to judge every man as an abuser,nor commiserate with every woman who points a finger of accusation. I believe for almost every man out there who is an abuser,there is also a woman capable of false accusations. I have experienced that in my close knit circle as well. Imho,a woman who truly was abused,seeks out police. A woman hell bent on revenge,seeks out the media. You may not agree. Many may not agree. He may in fact be found guilty,in time. But that is up to the courts,and not us. Big Ears teddy may reveal many secrets.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I have been following this story as I am a fan of Q,and despite how bad it looks for him, I will let the courts decide if he is guilty or not. This whole media circus over it reaks of nothing more than a smear campaign,and imho if he had been intelligent about his activities,he has proof of consent.

And if he is found guilty will you then write to him in jail, tell him you believe in his innocence and pledge your love?
Imho,a woman who truly was abused,seeks out police. A woman hell bent on revenge,seeks out the media. You may not agree. Many may not agree. He may in fact be found guilty,in time. But that is up to the courts,and not us. Big Ears teddy may reveal many secrets.

Very well said and from someone who knows of what she speaks.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I've got a question for you. How many women should it take stating that a man has committed a crime (and describing the same details independently) in order for that man to be arrested and tried? Five? Ten? Twenty?

Ah, that would be 1, so long as they did actually go to the police and report it.

I'm trying to determine the relative value you place on women versus men.

I won't even entertain that bit of adhominem with a response.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

I'm trying to determine the relative value you place on women versus men.

I won't even entertain that bit of adhominem with a response.

~Tenth
edit on -06:00401411102014-11-02T09:10:40-06:00 by Psynic because: response deleted

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Imho,a woman who truly was abused,seeks out police. A woman hell bent on revenge,seeks out the media. You may not agree. Many may not agree. He may in fact be found guilty,in time. But that is up to the courts,and not us. Big Ears teddy may reveal many secrets.

Very well said and from someone who knows of what she speaks.

Thank you.

Actually, most women who have been raped or otherwise abused do not go to the police. They are well aware of the reception they will receive. Perhaps they went to the media because the first woman, a celebrity in her own right, did and they felt, quite correctly, that there is strength in numbers. Surely, you can't be naive enough to believe that a regular person stands much chance taking on a wealthy celebrity alone.

Now that they have come forward the police will be involved and they are well aware of that. The difference is that they're not facing this situation alone. Going to the media first is a strategy that ensures that this won't be swept under the rug by the police.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join