It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jian Ghomeshi - CBC's biggest scandalous story ever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
How come no threads on this?

Didn't you hear? At the begining of the week, CBC's host of the Q ,(a radio talk show involving topics from all corners of the globe) Jiam Ghomeshi, was fired for reasons to do with his "personal sex life" as per CBC. A quick summary in-case you don't know who Jiam Ghomeshi is.
This guy.

Jian Ghomeshi is an award-winning broadcaster, writer, musician and producer. He is the host and co-creator of the national daily talk program, Q, on CBC Radio One and CBC TV. Since its inception in 2007, Q has garnered the largest audience of any cultural affairs program in Canada and has become the highest-rated show in its morning time slot in CBC history. Q is also now broadcast on over 180 NPR/PRI stations across the United States and syndicated on U.S. television. The Washington Post recently named Q as “the most popular new arts and culture radio show in America.”

Ok, moving forward. Allegedly, it started with a woman coming forward to CBC and claiming he beat her and he was subsequently fired. As it would happen, since then, multiple women have come forward to describe what would be the most shocking, horrifying, perverted misogynist abuse this guy has been doing secretly behind closed doors. Quickly, Ghomeshi made a facebook post to refute any 'stories' as being that of a jealous ex girlfriend freelance writer but goes on to admit to having an S&M fetish with only consenting women and that is the reason CBC has fired him.
www.facebook.com...

Well...

Lots of people had sympathy. At first. But then all these woman including an actor from trailer park boys starting coming out with stories that make him look like a psycho. In one account, a woman came to his place for a first date only to be greeted at the door, then dragged into the house where she was beaten with a belt., punched in the head. Another account...

She first met Ghomeshi at a barbecue at a Banff television festival in 2003. They chatted and, in time, she visited Toronto and they had dinner at a restaurant on the Danforth. She recalls him telling her how famous he was and “how lucky you are to be with me.” They went back to his house in Riverdale. DeCoutere said they began making out and then she alleges he pushed her against the wall, choked her with his hands around her neck and then slapped her three times.

Ghomeshi, 47, was fired Sunday from his job as host of Q , a flagship radio show of the publicly funded broadcaster. Ghomeshi has alleged in a lawsuit filed the next day that CBC made a “moral judgment” that his practice of a bondage-sadism sex life was wrong. He is suing the CBC for $55 million for defamation and breach of trust and the corporation has said it will “vigorously” defend itself against Ghomeshi’s lawsuit.

www.thestar.com...

So now another woman has come forward and this time police are investigating.

Toronto police have confirmed that two women have come forward with allegations against Jian Ghomeshi and are investigating.
The Star has learned that one of the women is Trailer Park Boys actress Lucy DeCoutere, who alleged in an interview with the Star that in 2003, Ghomeshi choked her to the point she could not breathe and then slapped her hard three times on the side of her head.
The other woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, first talked to a Star reporter on Monday, and alleged that without consent, Ghomeshi grabbed her hair and pulled her down to the floor. Then, she alleges, he delivered three sharp punches to the side of her head while she lay on the floor.
The woman had been invited to a taping of >play in 2002. Ghomeshi was the host of the CBC Newsworld TV show.
Det. Lisa Ferris of Toronto police’s Sex Crimes Unit will be conducting an interview Saturday, said the woman, who has been assured by the police that her identity will be protected.

www.thestar.com...

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. By the sounds of it, this guy, a very well known personality, looks to be nothing but a predator who's been secretly living a double life akin to a modern day Marquis De Sade. His career is finished and one would never know how messed up this guy is. Allegedly.
edit on 31-10-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/2/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I bet he writes a saucy book about his escapades and sells it to sex starved middle aged women like that Grey book.
Sounds like a right dick.
If true I hope he gets what is coming to him.
One thing though why does it take people so long in coming forward?.
edit on 31-10-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I watched a show about that exact question. Has to do with humiliation when convincing authorities you're not making it up. It's a double edged sword

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If your business life happens to be in the public spot light then you can bet your personal life is too.
You better cross those T's and dot those I's before you enjoy the glow of the camera and fame and fortune which your wished so hard for.

If by chance your search is working here on ATS look for "Dirty Laundry"
Authorized by Randy.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ricky's gonna be pissed . . .

But seriously this guy is a psychopath if the allegations are true. One little taste of power and the ego takes over . . .

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I bet he writes a saucy book about his escapades and sells it to sex starved middle aged women like that Grey book.
Sounds like a right dick.
If true I hope he gets what is coming to him.

Your post suggests that middle aged women are starved for abuse. Perhaps you might reconsider the implications of your post on several levels.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have been following this story as I am a fan of Q,and despite how bad it looks for him, I will let the courts decide if he is guilty or not. This whole media circus over it reaks of nothing more than a smear campaign,and imho if he had been intelligent about his activities,he has proof of consent.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yeah ok.

Dozens of women abused, but not a one goes to police, or tells anybody?

That sure seems legit. I'll hold my judgement for the facts though, I'm just giving my two pence.

This is a famous, public, Canadian figure. If these allegations were true and even 10 people knew about it, it would have broke the news far sooner.

Regret is not rape nor is it abuse.

It'll be very interesting to see what the police come up with in their investigation.

Either way this man's life is ruined because of this.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

So, what ought to happen, if these allegations are proven true, is that he ought to be strapped to a thick steel frame, and his fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, pelvis, knees, ankles, feet and toes, should all be broken with a sledgehammer. After each blow, he ought to be monitored, to ensure he remains awake throughout the entire process, and does not miss any of the punishment due to falling into shock, or passing out from the pain.

He should remain strapped to the frame, and be fed and given liquids until the broken bones heal without any attempt at splinting, which will result in the bones healing so badly that he cannot ambulate or easily perform any basic tasks, let alone ever strike another blow. He should, in summary, be deliberately and comprehensively crippled for this.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What bothers me most,is the calculated gathering of information against him,how quickly CBC cut all ties with him,and how the media seems to be delivering tidbits of info then awaiting his response before delivering more. The timing of all this as well,as my curiosity piqued. Right after the death of his father which he was openly reeling from. Plus the awaited release of the movie version of 50 shades of grey. Perhaps unrelated,but if so,this is a huge,yet horrible publicity stunt. My guess is,he got himself involved in something bad,not even related to his sexcapades,and this was somebody's way of taking him down. Who stood to gain from this? Rick Mercer? Time will tell. He is innocent till proven guilty to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So, what ought to happen, if these allegations are proven true, is that he ought to be strapped to a thick steel frame, and his fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, pelvis, knees, ankles, feet and toes, should all be broken with a sledgehammer. After each blow, he ought to be monitored, to ensure he remains awake throughout the entire process, and does not miss any of the punishment due to falling into shock, or passing out from the pain.

He should remain strapped to the frame, and be fed and given liquids until the broken bones heal without any attempt at splinting, which will result in the bones healing so badly that he cannot ambulate or easily perform any basic tasks, let alone ever strike another blow. He should, in summary, be deliberately and comprehensively crippled for this.

Very creative torture. You have a real talent there.

Do you spend a lot of time contemplating ways of hurting people that have not been convicted of anything?

I know of other people at the same employer who were also accused of sexual harassment. Turned out the accuser was on psychoactive drugs and was hallucinating images and sounds. The accused was eventually cleared of all allegations but the taint remained, as will your complex image of Gian Ghomeshi being brutally tortured.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

You will note, that I did, at the very top of the post, state that the things I mentioned ought to happen to him if the allegations are found to be true, ergo, if a court of law has found them to be true, and him guilty.

If he really is the sort of bastard that just abuses the hell out of multiple women, then he needs a slap at the very least, and I ought to point out that this is not a case of an individual accuser making allegations against him, but multiple female individuals coming forward to add their experiences to an increasingly damning portfolio. Unless you are suggesting that each of these women was subject to exposure to psychotropic chemical compounds, in order to produce a false memory of them getting brutally mistreated by this fellow, then I think your point rather falls apart there.

And as for the amount of time I devote to coming up with fresh ways of making people sorry they ever laid a hand on another in anger, actually, I spend very little time thinking about it. These things require very little planning, a few seconds generally is enough to come up with an individually tailored method of harrowing those who have terrorised others.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That's crazy! I really enjoy his show and find it hard to believe but... once you mess with Lucy DeCoutere, you lose my sympathy.

In the unlikely scenario that he is telling the truth (that his fetishes are all carried out conscientiously and with respect), then he was wrongly let go but the stories from his encounters do seem a bit damning.

Lucy DeCoutere? Really?! Why didn't she call the cops? I'm a bit pissed at her, too, now.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I noticed that too. Within a day or two of the story breaking, CBC had one of the accusers already in an interview then gradually more and more stories we being made public. At first I thought CBC was just doing this because of Ghomeshi's 50 mil lawsuit, exposing him out of spite. But on the other hand it seems calculated in timing and how no one ever went to the police. IDK, you're a female, would you be intimidated to go to the police if Ghomeshi beat you with a belt 'yet' you still slept with him?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But these women still slept with him. Kinda hard to plead your case afterwards.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
What bothers me most,is the calculated gathering of information against him,how quickly CBC cut all ties with him,and how the media seems to be delivering tidbits of info then awaiting his response before delivering more. The timing of all this as well,as my curiosity piqued. Right after the death of his father which he was openly reeling from. Plus the awaited release of the movie version of 50 shades of grey. Perhaps unrelated,but if so,this is a huge,yet horrible publicity stunt. My guess is,he got himself involved in something bad,not even related to his sexcapades,and this was somebody's way of taking him down. Who stood to gain from this? Rick Mercer? Time will tell. He is innocent till proven guilty to me.

Yeah, somebody organized all those women from various parts of the country and bribed them to accuse him of a serious crime. Right. And now you're organizing a counter-attack by blaming Rick Mercer? I don't 'often suggest to people online that they get help but I'm making that suggestion to you now.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Yeah ok.

Dozens of women abused, but not a one goes to police, or tells anybody?

That sure seems legit. I'll hold my judgement for the facts though, I'm just giving my two pence.

This is a famous, public, Canadian figure. If these allegations were true and even 10 people knew about it, it would have broke the news far sooner.

Regret is not rape nor is it abuse.

It'll be very interesting to see what the police come up with in their investigation.

Either way this man's life is ruined because of this.

~Tenth

I've got a question for you. How many women should it take stating that a man has committed a crime (and describing the same details independently) in order for that man to be arrested and tried? Five? Ten? Twenty? I'm trying to determine the relative value you place on women versus men.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I have been following this story as I am a fan of Q,and despite how bad it looks for him, I will let the courts decide if he is guilty or not. This whole media circus over it reaks of nothing more than a smear campaign,and imho if he had been intelligent about his activities,he has proof of consent.

And if he is found guilty will you then write to him in jail, tell him you believe in his innocence and pledge your love?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: AccessDenied

I noticed that too. Within a day or two of the story breaking, CBC had one of the accusers already in an interview then gradually more and more stories we being made public. At first I thought CBC was just doing this because of Ghomeshi's 50 mil lawsuit, exposing him out of spite. But on the other hand it seems calculated in timing and how no one ever went to the police. IDK, you're a female, would you be intimidated to go to the police if Ghomeshi beat you with a belt 'yet' you still slept with him?
I would find it more intimidating to go public,and be put under the scrutiny of the media and the public,than to go to the police.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Yeah, somebody organized all those women from various parts of the country and bribed them to accuse him of a serious crime. Right. And now you're organizing a counter-attack by blaming Rick Mercer? I don't 'often suggest to people online that they get help but I'm making that suggestion to you now.
Thank you for the psych analysis,but I'll pass. You honestly,do not find it odd that all these women chose to speak only to a freelance reporter and not the police,even though some of these accusations go back over a decade? A counter attack,by one statement of offhand speculation? Hardly. You come off as very jaded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join