It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looks like the boondock saints 3 might be happening!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...:_All_Saints_Day#Sequel

there has been a lot of back and forth about this movie.....

looks like its getting near the production stage

--from the article--
On July 16, 2013, Troy Duffy stated in an interview with CraveOnline that he was halfway finished with the script for Boondock Saints III.[19]

^^^i know that is a year or so old but hopefully we will get to see another movie.

im worried about norman reedus being in it though...it looks like he will be doing the walking dead for the near future and we cant have the saints without my boy murf

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I agree that Murphy would surely HAVE to be in a part 3.

That makes me wonder if there are plans to kill off Daryl D in the next year or so?!
edit on 31-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I agree that Murphy would surely HAVE to be in a part 3.

That makes me wonder if there are plans to kill off Daryl D in the next year or so?!

i doubt it...both unrelated projects...
not saying the network wont kill daryl off but there is no way they will kill him off to go do a sequal to the saints.

if this happens and the dead is on tv still then reedus either will not be in it or he will have to film at the same time....

its not the same if murphy isnt there

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I remember an interview wirh him (Reddus) and he said it would take every cop in the county and he would burn down his trailer if they tried to kill him off...

YOU are probably right!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I remember an interview wirh him (Reddus) and he said it would take every cop in the county and he would burn down his trailer if they tried to kill him off...

YOU are probably right!

i dont see troy duffy making the movie if reedus isnt in it.....it wouldnt work...
however, up until walking dead, norman reedus didnt have the best career. i mean he has steady been in movies but nothing major....no real major recognition from studio or peers. hes not a leading man.

up until the walking dead, the saints is what he is known for....
now though is star power has skyrocketed......
no way he would leave the dead on his own.....

im sure his contract has him locked up tight....

who knows.....i know duffy can film a movie in 3 months so maybe after a season of the dead wraps?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Got excited about the same thing a year and a half ago. At that time the ATS community seemed less than excited over the idea, citing hatred of the director.

Me? Loved both movies and would be thrilled to see a third.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

duffy is a notorious ass. just rubs everyone the wrong way.

i might not have the particulars to this story down but it went something like this.

duffy was working at the bar in real life(the one doc owns)....he was in talks with the harvey weinstein(a major player) to get the saints financed. apparently part of the deal was the studio was going to by the bar for duffy.
apparently it was all but set and duffy started going around town, rubbing shoulders with people in the industry bragging about how he had harvey doing what he wanted and all sorts of # like that.
harrvey got word, pulled financing for the movie and backed out of buying the bar.
he also put the word out that nobody was to do duffy's movie....

so his movie went from some super huge budget with weinstein money and press to nothing. he had to raise funds and advertise himself.
thats why it became a low budget b movie...

i liked the way the movie turned out.....im glad it wasnt done with a 100 million dollar budget.

also, columbine had just happened when it was set to open so it didnt get a major theatrical run cause you know...there was a violent incident at a school so we better not show a violent movie...

i love both movies too. i dont care about duffy one way or the other. if this gets made though he has to direct and reedus and flannery have to be in it as well.
everyone else can come back or have new characters....really dont matter.

too bad we cant see more of rocko.....

maybe flashbacks or a prequal or something.....

i did like romeo too. i didnt think clifton was gonna do well but i liked his character.
of course bender as yakevetta. that was great....
i think that eunice bloom is the best character julie benz has ever played.

she had a bit in rambo that was nothing special and she really was just an accessory for dexter on that show.

it would be cool if eunice bloom and paul smecker are both back....

cross fingers. i think theyre awesome flicks

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about Reedus. Other actors have been in movies whilst making the Walking Dead. They appear quite good about it.

Like Hefficide said though, lot of persons don't like the director and Pinke is in the camp who believe the sequel was a train wreck. Should get a different director.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I eagerly await this, along with Age of Ultron

top topics

join