It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: Grovit

Hey umm... Nobody presses religion in public school. I think satanists make a big fuss about nothing. Just mind games.

That's just weird op. Good thread though

UM...

Christians have been trying to push religion in public spaces, including government and schools, for ever. Have you not heard of the whole prayer in schools or 10 commandments in public spaces debate?

That is precisely what has fueled these "satanic" actions.

Now Christians are flipping out because other people are showing them their hypocrisy.
edit on 1-11-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The whole point of all of this is to show Christians that if they want religion in public spaces, then others must have equal access.

These "Satanists" don't actually want to proselytize in schools. They are making a political statement...

a reply to: Grovit

Fair enough. Yeah I mean screw it. Strange conundrum I'm in not wanting satanists passing out literature to my son but not really agreeing with bibles being passed out.

I think it should be left to the individual communities discretion. I view bible study on campus after hours, along with a bunch of mini bibles being passed out as harmless personally. Satanist literature? Probably harmless but that stuff creeps me out. No thanks. Just my two cents.

Remove the federal government from the equation and satanists have no crutch to stand on so to speak. Or maybe some communities would welcome satanism? Idk. Free country. You could just move if you don't like bibles or necronomicons being passed out to your kiddies.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Exactly, this is a political statement towards the Religious Right and their efforts to force Christianity into the public sphere.

These "Satanists" are throwing it back in their face.

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: amazing

Satanism shouldn't be regarded as the cult of evil, ancient traditional pagan cults fell into that order as well and there is nothing wrong with them.
The problem is often related to the execution of rituals ...
You would be shocked if your local pastor gets charges for cannibalism incitations after he gave the church presumably the flesh of the Christ.
I think the book itself is more a form irony than a true attempt to destabilize the young kids.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is the same as the countermovement against Christians and Ten Commandments on public property.

www.theverge.com...

"A Satanist statue cast in bronze is just months away from completion, and activists hope that it will find a home on the lawn of the Oklahoma State Capitol. Ultimately, the statue — which features the seven-foot tall, horned figure of Baphomet fawned upon by two exultant children — is intended to stand directly next to a highly controversial monument of the ten commandments that was donated by a state legislator in 2012 and subsequently placed on the grounds of the Capitol."

If Christians don't like it, then stop trying to force Judeo-Christian stuff into schools and government.

That's the whole point of all of this.

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Just in time for Halloween, the Satanic Temple is pushing Orlando-area public schools to distribute a Beelzebub-oriented coloring book to the kiddies, who already get Bibles from a local megachurch and conservative lobby group. The crazy thing is, the Satanists have made a pretty decent coloring book.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

Halloween special : satanist colorbook !
The full book is available in PDF here

Happy Halloween.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Well without getting too theosophical, Americans always love an underdog

Nah. It's all a bunch of malarkey. Just remember the next time you find yourself taking satanism seriously, their was Crowley. Same for Christianity. My favorite reference for that particular foible is The Munster Rebellion

Crowley wasn't a Satanist. I'm not a fan of his, just stating a fact.

On page 51 of "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley" (Bantam Books, 1970) Crowley has this to say about Christianity and Satanism: "It seems I possessed a theology of my own, which was to all intents and purposes, Christianity. My Satanism did not interfere with it at all. "

Between pages 516 and 517 we find over 30 photographs which show Crowley in a variety of dress and activities, including wearing the headdress of Horus, making the 'Sign of Pan' (the Goat Headed God) and a self portrait of the Master Therion (Crowley) as the Beast 666, a personification in which Crowley revealed and never abandoned, but rather cultivated, throughout his life.

On page 18 of this book, Grant states: "...Crowley acknowledged Aiwas as a being identical with his daemon, his genius, or his Holy Guardian Angel...The Devil, Satan...of our particular unit of the Starry Universe." - See more at: www.henrymakow.com...

Believe whatever you want. Crowley's writings are notorious for being filled with contradictions and confusing claims. He did not practice Satanism. He practiced Thelema. Again, I'm not a fan, just giving you the facts. He took delight in baiting Christians -- and pretty much everyone else.

I have read numerous books on the subject and I disagree, he said what he meant.

Who do you think contacted him and began his church of Thelema? You need to look at the symbols and the behaviors espoused and the history of the church and those in it.

The law of Thelema was developed in the early 1900s by Aleister Crowley, an English writer and ceremonial magician.[2] He believed himself to be the prophet of a new age, the Æon of Horus, based upon a spiritual experience that he and his wife, Rose Edith, had in Egypt in 1904.[3] By his account, a possibly non-corporeal or "praeterhuman" being that called itself Aiwass contacted him and dictated a text known as The Book of the Law or Liber AL vel Legis, which outlined the principles of Thelema.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

In the same mood, it's also interesting to point out pastafarianism.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Crowley took what he learned from the HOGD and took it to a whole new level. To say that he wrote what he meant completely ignores his entire history. To this day people can't even agree on what A∴A∴ means.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Crowley took what he learned from the HOGD and took it to a whole new level. To say that he wrote what he meant completely ignores his entire history. To this day people can't even agree on what A∴A∴ means.

Ok he wrote what he didn't mean, crazy world!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
a reply to: skunkape23

I had to look kerfluffle up..

Id be pissed if satanists gave my child anything.. Seriously, satanists? Child sacrifice among other atrocities.. I guess not all faction of satanists are like that but.... Im not having it...

Seriously, you played the child sacrifice card? Please cites some sources, because as far as i know, not even the FBI could find cases of Satanic child sacrifice.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Aleister's Adepts. Thats my say on the matter. :-)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Cool. Speaking of Satanists coloring books, I just ordered the Ted Cruz coloring book.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a reply to: HooHaa

This is the Church of Satan. Despite their tax status and word church in their name they're more a philosophy than a religion. They don't worship any kind of divine entity. Instead they preach the free will of Man. The reason they use the name Satan is because their beliefs stand contrary to those of Christianity. That and LaVey was nothing if not a showman. They don't worship Satan and they don't sacrifice animals.

Hell, even the theistic Satanists I've known have never sacrificed anything human or otherwise. In fact I've never read anything where Satan demands any kind of sacrifices. And yet having read the Bible and being aware of history I do know that there was a time where followers of God believed that he demanded sacrifices.

I get the idea of embodying the anti-thesis of Christianity.

At the same time, using Satanism as a symbol for rejection of many Christian ideas to me is just engaging in the same false duality and even if symbolic, means that these people are still stuck to a degree in Judeo-Christian symbology, words, names, etc.

I am spiritual, a former Christian, and agree with many of the rationalist and self-affirming ideas of "Satanism." But because I'm trying to truly deconstruct and leave behind my Christian upbringing, I think that it is more effective to leave the duality and that world of symbols entirely. There are plenty of other philosophies and even religions that affirm the Satanic ideas and focus less on judgement, "sin," damnation, and so on. For example, esoteric Hinduism and Buddhism are incredibly open minded. That's more attractive to me than the ridiculous air about Satanism.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well without getting too theosophical, Americans always love an underdog

Nah. It's all a bunch of malarkey. Just remember the next time you find yourself taking satanism seriously, their was Crowley. Same for Christianity. My favorite reference for that particular foible is The Munster Rebellion

Crowley wasn't a Satanist. I'm not a fan of his, just stating a fact.

On page 51 of "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley" (Bantam Books, 1970) Crowley has this to say about Christianity and Satanism: "It seems I possessed a theology of my own, which was to all intents and purposes, Christianity. My Satanism did not interfere with it at all. "

Between pages 516 and 517 we find over 30 photographs which show Crowley in a variety of dress and activities, including wearing the headdress of Horus, making the 'Sign of Pan' (the Goat Headed God) and a self portrait of the Master Therion (Crowley) as the Beast 666, a personification in which Crowley revealed and never abandoned, but rather cultivated, throughout his life.

On page 18 of this book, Grant states: "...Crowley acknowledged Aiwas as a being identical with his daemon, his genius, or his Holy Guardian Angel...The Devil, Satan...of our particular unit of the Starry Universe." - See more at: www.henrymakow.com...

Believe whatever you want. Crowley's writings are notorious for being filled with contradictions and confusing claims. He did not practice Satanism. He practiced Thelema. Again, I'm not a fan, just giving you the facts. He took delight in baiting Christians -- and pretty much everyone else.

I have read numerous books on the subject and I disagree, he said what he meant.

Who do you think contacted him and began his church of Thelema? You need to look at the symbols and the behaviors espoused and the history of the church and those in it.

The law of Thelema was developed in the early 1900s by Aleister Crowley, an English writer and ceremonial magician.[2] He believed himself to be the prophet of a new age, the Æon of Horus, based upon a spiritual experience that he and his wife, Rose Edith, had in Egypt in 1904.[3] By his account, a possibly non-corporeal or "praeterhuman" being that called itself Aiwass contacted him and dictated a text known as The Book of the Law or Liber AL vel Legis, which outlined the principles of Thelema.

Which "numerous books" have you read on the subject? Please enlighten us.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

a reply to: HooHaa

This is the Church of Satan. Despite their tax status and word church in their name they're more a philosophy than a religion. They don't worship any kind of divine entity. Instead they preach the free will of Man. The reason they use the name Satan is because their beliefs stand contrary to those of Christianity. That and LaVey was nothing if not a showman. They don't worship Satan and they don't sacrifice animals.

Hell, even the theistic Satanists I've known have never sacrificed anything human or otherwise. In fact I've never read anything where Satan demands any kind of sacrifices. And yet having read the Bible and being aware of history I do know that there was a time where followers of God believed that he demanded sacrifices.

I get the idea of embodying the anti-thesis of Christianity.

At the same time, using Satanism as a symbol for rejection of many Christian ideas to me is just engaging in the same false duality and even if symbolic, means that these people are still stuck to a degree in Judeo-Christian symbology, words, names, etc.

I am spiritual, a former Christian, and agree with many of the rationalist and self-affirming ideas of "Satanism." But because I'm trying to truly deconstruct and leave behind my Christian upbringing, I think that it is more effective to leave the duality and that world of symbols entirely. There are plenty of other philosophies and even religions that affirm the Satanic ideas and focus less on judgement, "sin," damnation, and so on. For example, esoteric Hinduism and Buddhism are incredibly open minded. That's more attractive to me than the ridiculous air about Satanism.

You may be right but if Hindus and Buddhists created a comic book they tried to get into public schools, they wouldn't get the publicity that the Satanists get. Remember, it's a political stunt designed to counter the fundamentalist Christian agenda to get/keep Christianity in public schools. The Satanists are exactly the right group to do it.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nemo418

originally posted by: HooHaa
a reply to: skunkape23

I had to look kerfluffle up..

Id be pissed if satanists gave my child anything.. Seriously, satanists? Child sacrifice among other atrocities.. I guess not all faction of satanists are like that but.... Im not having it...

Seriously, you played the child sacrifice card? Please cites some sources, because as far as i know, not even the FBI could find cases of Satanic child sacrifice.

You underestimate.

I know of a few cases, you think the FBI is ever really looking into that? The FBI couldn't find D.B. Cooper either, but the FBI sure found Randy Weaver's wife and children on Ruby Ridge and killed them, but not Randy Weaver. I have little confidence in the FBI.

Thousands of children go missing every year that the FBI can't find, but they sure can find Leonard Peltier on a reservation. Show me the last child found by the FBI. And the FBI sure knows us, they can find us easily, but not the thousands of children kidnapped and somehow they can't manage to find the thousands of children sold in sex trafficking. You want to know how the FBI does find them? After local law enforcement gets them.

You think the FBI is capable of finding children who are sacrificed? Think about how easy it is to have a baby that isn't recorded in a hospital, its parents move from state to state and never take the child to school. If you think the FBI is really looking, then you need a wake up pill. They are looking for regular Americans whom they call "thought terrorists' and monitor their phone calls. How do I know this? I, ME, am one of those persons the FBI was monitoring simply because I have a loud mouth friend in Canada who doesn't like our government. But ME, they monitor. Do you know how many regular Americans deal with this? The State of North Carolina ended up suing the FBI because of wiretapping the phone lines of over a million in North Carolina. The telephone companies were charging the customers outrageous amounts until they discovered it was because of the FBI. Nope, no sympathy for that agency.

You are probably being monitored on your phone and don't even know it. I had to find out the hard way. The day you realize that you have been, then remember this post. It happens to regular people who have no interest in being subversive, but we are called "thought terrorists" and then you wonder why the FBI can't find children who are sacrificed.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
This is what the group creating and supplying the comic books hold to be true:

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS.

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

The Satanic Temple - The Seven Tenets

All well and good but my sister who was involved helped bring through a demon she says it was real and it was not good, it changed her and changed her life she after about 12 years of involvement turned a 100 degree. The sacrificed living things I think possibly beyond the animals that everyone knew about.
Things that are not good hide behind a mask of good. It saddens me how many have fallen blindly into this.

Exactly what was your sister involved in and in what context? If you say Satanism, please define what type of Satanism. What would be a 100 degree turn from that which she was involved in?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

I know of a few cases, you think the FBI is ever really looking into that?

You think the FBI is capable of finding children who are sacrificed?.

your entire post was hilarious...

can you tell me about these cases?
im super dee duper interested

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

All well and good but my sister who was involved helped bring through a demon she says it was real and it was not good, it changed her and changed her life she after about 12 years of involvement turned a 100 degree. The sacrificed living things I think possibly beyond the animals that everyone knew about.
Things that are not good hide behind a mask of good. It saddens me how many have fallen blindly into this.

Exactly what was your sister involved in and in what context? If you say Satanism, please define what type of Satanism. What would be a 100 degree turn from that which she was involved in?

I'll tell you what my brother says about such things, and he was a Satanist that is now a Celtic Pagan..."if people don't believe that s*$% is happening, they are stupid, because people are doing that s&*$".

And I think Char-Lee meant 180 degree turn, meaning she is now doing the opposite of what she was doing before.

I'll tell you what though, I've seen for myself what happens in families that are Satanists. I challenge anyone to try to convince me differently, I know what happens because I've seen it. I am a Christian, but my brother is not, and I have met other people who are.

When Anton LeVay's own Satanic Bible proclaims that man is an animal and allowed to do whatever he can for whatever reason he chooses, including lying about what they do, then really how can there be any expectation of honesty? Satanists don't have to be honest. You know where I read that? From the Satanic Bible.

Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law...isn't that right? Only Wiccans attach "and harm none". If do what thou wilt is the law, then sacrificing whatever and whomever you want is justified.

I know, I know...Satanists are just going to say things like "We believe Satanism is just self-indulgence", that means hedonism is fine with them, whatever they want to do is fine. There is no requirement in Satanism for honesty, in fact, if being dishonest gets you places, then by all means be dishonest. I know, because I've seen it and read from the book.

But am I not correct in what I say? Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law....right?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

I know of a few cases, you think the FBI is ever really looking into that?

You think the FBI is capable of finding children who are sacrificed?.

your entire post was hilarious...

can you tell me about these cases?
im super dee duper interested

Tell you what, go ask around if you are so interested.

I don't have to tell you what you already know.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
But Satanists generally say "Do what thou wilt" but also not to harm or disrespect others.

I think that your Christian biases are coming in here.

Many people reject the theology of Christianity, such as original sin, damnation, and so on.

That does NOT mean that we reject ethics, respect for human rights, honesty, etc.

This comes back to Christians' need for there to be evidence that everybody is a sinner, and without Jesus can't possibly be virtuous, honest, etc.

I'll tell you what my brother says about such things, and he was a Satanist that is now a Celtic Pagan..."if people don't believe that s*$% is happening, they are stupid, because people are doing that s&*$".

And I think Char-Lee meant 180 degree turn, meaning she is now doing the opposite of what she was doing before.

I'll tell you what though, I've seen for myself what happens in families that are Satanists. I challenge anyone to try to convince me differently, I know what happens because I've seen it. I am a Christian, but my brother is not, and I have met other people who are.

When Anton LeVay's own Satanic Bible proclaims that man is an animal and allowed to do whatever he can for whatever reason he chooses, including lying about what they do, then really how can there be any expectation of honesty? Satanists don't have to be honest. You know where I read that? From the Satanic Bible.

Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law...isn't that right? Only Wiccans attach "and harm none". If do what thou wilt is the law, then sacrificing whatever and whomever you want is justified.

I know, I know...Satanists are just going to say things like "We believe Satanism is just self-indulgence", that means hedonism is fine with them, whatever they want to do is fine. There is no requirement in Satanism for honesty, in fact, if being dishonest gets you places, then by all means be dishonest. I know, because I've seen it and read from the book.

But am I not correct in what I say? Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law....right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join