It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

mandatory?
the "instructions" clearly state do as thou wilt

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think that (religion; any religion) should be kept out of schools

I think that families and the individual should choose what they want to believe and pursue.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I absolutely agree with you, as would the Satanic Temple, I think.

However, religion is NOT being kept out of schools in the US, and efforts like this one, trite though they may be, focuses the spotlight on that fact.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: nukedog

So much for open-mindedness then.

Wonder what Marcus Aurelius would think of the concept of 'ignorance equalling virtue.'

Ah well, I tried.

Did you have any thoughts on the philosophical implication of the Satanic Temple's published tenets above?

PS: And good on you for using auto-correct; it helps keep asses on the internet from critiquing your spelling.

Touché

None whatsoever

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

originally posted by: amtracer
Cool. Now all the Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and atheist parents can all swap their nonsense.

You forgot satanists/Illuminati

Why are Satanists and Illuminati conjoined in your mind?

And, follow-up, which Satanists? LaVeyans, Setians, Luciferians, Theistic ... ?

Crowley was a satanist. No idea which type. No care. Sick depraved individual with a lot of followers = illuminate trope. The two are insunderable in my mind

Crowley was many things but Satanist isn't on the list. He was a Thelemite, he espoused the coming of the Aeon of Horus. None of it had anything to do with Satan.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Here is an idea, how about Satanists create their own private schools. That way children of Satanists can color Satan all they want and there could be classes on Satanism.

See, there is always a work around for everything. There are private Christian schools, private Jewish schools, madrasas for Muslims. So to be fair, just make a private Satanist school. I don't know what would be taught, but apparently there are a lot of wealthy Satanists, so start one.

And then they can start their own universities that are accredited and I can see it now, someone saying "I graduated from the very prestigious Sante Luciferi School for Boys and achieved my degree from Novus Satani University.

But if there were private schools with sports teams, what would their mascots be? Red Devils? Blue Devils?

Oh, I can see it now, in the SEC or Big Ten or other conference, the college game today would be Duke Blue Devils vs. Novus Satani Horned Goats. I know, I'm kidding, but really, if they want a part of schools, then make their own.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Why should a school program be associated with a particular religious belief ?
And BTW, the Red Devils nickname is already taken.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Why should a school program be associated with a particular religious belief ?
And BTW, the Red Devils nickname is already taken.

Are you from Belgium?

In the US there are many mascots with Devils. Uh, New Jersey Red Devils, Arizona Sun Devils, Duke Blue Devils...the list is endless.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

This is what the group creating and supplying the comic books hold to be true:

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS.

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

The Satanic Temple - The Seven Tenets

All well and good but my sister who was involved helped bring through a demon she says it was real and it was not good, it changed her and changed her life she after about 12 years of involvement turned a 100 degree. The sacrificed living things I think possibly beyond the animals that everyone knew about.
Things that are not good hide behind a mask of good. It saddens me how many have fallen blindly into this.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Meh, as long as it doesn't have Gods face, Satan shouldn't get riled, throwing tests of faith like dropping a house on someones wife to see if they still believe in God, or destroying a village for that matter.

edit on 1-11-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

a reply to: amazing

Well without getting too theosophical, Americans always love an underdog

Nah. It's all a bunch of malarkey. Just remember the next time you find yourself taking satanism seriously, their was Crowley. Same for Christianity. My favorite reference for that particular foible is The Munster Rebellion

Crowley wasn't a Satanist. I'm not a fan of his, just stating a fact.

On page 51 of "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley" (Bantam Books, 1970) Crowley has this to say about Christianity and Satanism: "It seems I possessed a theology of my own, which was to all intents and purposes, Christianity. My Satanism did not interfere with it at all. "

Between pages 516 and 517 we find over 30 photographs which show Crowley in a variety of dress and activities, including wearing the headdress of Horus, making the 'Sign of Pan' (the Goat Headed God) and a self portrait of the Master Therion (Crowley) as the Beast 666, a personification in which Crowley revealed and never abandoned, but rather cultivated, throughout his life.

On page 18 of this book, Grant states: "...Crowley acknowledged Aiwas as a being identical with his daemon, his genius, or his Holy Guardian Angel...The Devil, Satan...of our particular unit of the Starry Universe." - See more at: www.henrymakow.com...

edit on 1-11-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes I'm Belgian, and you will understand that it's not easy for me to comment on the school/religion thing as it's organized differently in US and Europe.
I used to go to a public school in Belgium where students could choose two hours a week religious lessons (catholic, muslim, jews, orthodox, protestan, atheist, ... ).
I remember a girl in my class (Hi, Evelyne !) who was the daughter of a protestant pastor, he decided she should attend every religion available in the program and therefore, she changed 'religion' every year.
No problem with that.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I had to look kerfluffle up..

Id be pissed if satanists gave my child anything.. Seriously, satanists? Child sacrifice among other atrocities.. I guess not all faction of satanists are like that but.... Im not having it...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Whatever else one might think of these efforts, that coloring book is absolute comedy gold.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

I view bible study on campus after hours, along with a bunch of mini bibles being passed out as harmless personally. Satanist literature? Probably harmless but that stuff creeps me out. No thanks. Just my two cents.

i get what you are saying...just dont agree.

the bibles and christianity is what creeps me out

My wife and I were just talking about the lesser of the evils when it came to the scenario of our daughter someday being courted by one of the Abrahamic faiths (I include Satanism in that group).

We concluded that her falling into Satanism and valuing her own will and desires and feeling strongly accountable for her own actions would be better than falling into most Christian sects where she would be living a life trying to be forgiven for sins she never committed in a life of spiritual debt.

Of course, I would like her to grow up in my or her mother's footsteps but... it's fun to talk about the lesser of evils sometimes.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

This is the Church of Satan. Despite their tax status and word church in their name they're more a philosophy than a religion. They don't worship any kind of divine entity. Instead they preach the free will of Man. The reason they use the name Satan is because their beliefs stand contrary to those of Christianity. That and LaVey was nothing if not a showman. They don't worship Satan and they don't sacrifice animals.

Hell, even the theistic Satanists I've known have never sacrificed anything human or otherwise. In fact I've never read anything where Satan demands any kind of sacrifices. And yet having read the Bible and being aware of history I do know that there was a time where followers of God believed that he demanded sacrifices.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Tangerine

a reply to: amazing

Well without getting too theosophical, Americans always love an underdog

Nah. It's all a bunch of malarkey. Just remember the next time you find yourself taking satanism seriously, their was Crowley. Same for Christianity. My favorite reference for that particular foible is The Munster Rebellion

Crowley wasn't a Satanist. I'm not a fan of his, just stating a fact.

On page 51 of "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley" (Bantam Books, 1970) Crowley has this to say about Christianity and Satanism: "It seems I possessed a theology of my own, which was to all intents and purposes, Christianity. My Satanism did not interfere with it at all. "

Between pages 516 and 517 we find over 30 photographs which show Crowley in a variety of dress and activities, including wearing the headdress of Horus, making the 'Sign of Pan' (the Goat Headed God) and a self portrait of the Master Therion (Crowley) as the Beast 666, a personification in which Crowley revealed and never abandoned, but rather cultivated, throughout his life.

On page 18 of this book, Grant states: "...Crowley acknowledged Aiwas as a being identical with his daemon, his genius, or his Holy Guardian Angel...The Devil, Satan...of our particular unit of the Starry Universe." - See more at: www.henrymakow.com...

Believe whatever you want. Crowley's writings are notorious for being filled with contradictions and confusing claims. He did not practice Satanism. He practiced Thelema. Again, I'm not a fan, just giving you the facts. He took delight in baiting Christians -- and pretty much everyone else.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Tangerine

Don't worry about my celto-germanic knowledge.
Belgium is an interesting location with deep pagan roots dating back to pre-christian era.
Personally, I feel like I'm part of this particular tribe.
I found interesting to mention how Samhain turned into Halloween, probably for the same reasons Santa-Claus outfit became red ...

Cool. I was pretty sure that you were joking but I wanted to be sure that anyone else who might associate Samhain with Satanism didn't have that notion accidentally reinforced.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Here is an idea, how about Satanists create their own private schools. That way children of Satanists can color Satan all they want and there could be classes on Satanism.

See, there is always a work around for everything. There are private Christian schools, private Jewish schools, madrasas for Muslims. So to be fair, just make a private Satanist school. I don't know what would be taught, but apparently there are a lot of wealthy Satanists, so start one.

And then they can start their own universities that are accredited and I can see it now, someone saying "I graduated from the very prestigious Sante Luciferi School for Boys and achieved my degree from Novus Satani University.

But if there were private schools with sports teams, what would their mascots be? Red Devils? Blue Devils?

Oh, I can see it now, in the SEC or Big Ten or other conference, the college game today would be Duke Blue Devils vs. Novus Satani Horned Goats. I know, I'm kidding, but really, if they want a part of schools, then make their own.

Here's an idea. How about the Christians agreeing to keep their religions out of public schools? I'm willing to be that the Satanists would then be willing to do the same.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
HAHA.

I love how these "Satanic" groups are throwing this stuff in the face of all the fundies who are trying to force us to have 10 commandments in public spaces and Bible/prayer in school.

Watching the religious right's slack jaws in response is priceless.

ALMEN!

Just in time for Halloween, the Satanic Temple is pushing Orlando-area public schools to distribute a Beelzebub-oriented coloring book to the kiddies, who already get Bibles from a local megachurch and conservative lobby group. The crazy thing is, the Satanists have made a pretty decent coloring book.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

Halloween special : satanist colorbook !
The full book is available in PDF here

Happy Halloween.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join