It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Well, it worked for Ted Cruz pushing homophobic anti gay agendas.

Ted Cruz won "Children's book of the Year" with his Christian, faith based coloring book that pushed all sorts of idiotic ideas onto children.

There's always a market for idiocy. Some sub-cultures thrive on it. It's actually frightening to realize that a significant portion of the population can not reason critically.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

In a sense it is.
In the sense that we don't order our lives around the claimed commandments of a deity.

And "weird" is a subjective term.
"What is normal for a spider is chaos to a fly."

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

In a sense it is.
In the sense that we don't order our lives around the claimed commandments of a deity.

And "weird" is a subjective term.
"What is normal for a spider is chaos to a fly."

Speak for yourself. I see good moral value in the ten commandments, religion or not.
And I do order my life around them. The world would be a much nicer place if others could be bothered to have some semblance of morality in their lives. Morality is in decline, and so is society, coincidence?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy
Morality is in decline, and so is society, coincidence?

And the majority of people believe in a God.

Coincidence?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Christians should be happy that Satanists are teaching little kids about Satan. Because you can't believe in Satan without being a Christian. It's all part of the same wacky belief system. It would be worse if all those little kids were Buddhists, or whatever.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Coincidence?

Sure. Let's just go with the majority. Because they're always right.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Morality is in decline, and so is society, coincidence?

Coincidence?

What is the significance of that? The majority of people in India believe in Krishna. If the majority of the people believe the earth is flat (and they once did), what should happen as a result? It's never a coincidence that the majority share a common belief in something. A great deal of effort is put into getting them to believe it by the leaders who use the belief to manipulate and control them. Have you ever studied history or comparative mythology?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Christians should be happy that Satanists are teaching little kids about Satan. Because you can't believe in Satan without being a Christian. It's all part of the same wacky belief system. It would be worse if all those little kids were Buddhists, or whatever.

Thats not really true. Satan as a concept is much older than Christianity. The story of Adam and Eve was long before Christ came along. Then there was Set, just another name for the same force.
Thats like saying there was no concept of good and evil until Jesus came along. Which is a wacky belief right there.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
from the article

For their part, the Satanists say if there's religious heart-changin' going on in public schools, all religious heart-changers should get an equal shot at the sheep:

^^^i agree with them on this.

i can tell you if my child came home with the bible and this coloring book, the bible would be 'filed away' with the rest of the garbage and the 64 pack of crayola with the built in sharpener would be out and we'd be doing some coloring

Ya know.. I agree with these folks having their shot just to equalize things, but it doesn't excuse anyone for being Stupid like you are going to be by letting the kid keep the coloring book and not the bible. yep, your a dummy - why?

Because the kid will get so much more out of the bible even if it's just for the sake of Literature and or a good story with some moral compass - things that coloring book don't have. You'd be doing your kid a disservice. You'd actually be helping your kid to remain uneducated.

Don't be a dumb Father - let the kid keep both books and read or make him/her read both and then discuss the differences. Don't force your kid to grow up thinking about this issus as one sided when it's NOT YOUR decision to make - it's your kids. Let him.her make that decision only after they have all the facts. To force your views on the kid is criminal IMO.
edit on 5-11-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Thats not really true. Satan as a concept is much older than Christianity. The story of Adam and Eve was long before Christ came along. Then there was Set, just another name for the same force.
Thats like saying there was no concept of good and evil until Jesus came along. Which is a wacky belief right there.

The concept of evil or adversary precedes Christianity but Satan, the individual, is a Christian creation. The satan (small s) of the old testament means adversary and is not an individual. You fail to understand that the Christian Satan is not merely a force but a distinct individual.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Aazadan

Some modern Christians consider the Devil to be an angel who, along with one-third of the angelic host (the demons) rebelled against God and has consequently been condemned to the Lake of Fire. He is described as hating all humanity (or more accurately creation), opposing God, spreading lies and wreaking havoc on the souls of mankind.

en.wikipedia.org...

people believe this????

everything i read about religion leads me to questions and the answer is always, its BS..

god created all things....he is all knowing..etc etc...
he didnt know an angel was going to rebel?
even though the devil is responsible for all the evil in the world, all god does is condemn him to the lake of fire.....

would a loving god not go a little further to 'protect his children/creation'

so many holes in these stories.....
none of it adds up yet a huge chunk of the world thinks its true.....

its a wonder humanity has made it as far as we have...i attribute that to the chunk of the world that does not believe in this crap...

Disclaimer: I am not overly familiar with Satanism. From what I'm aware of though, the Satanists counter by saying the Bible and Scriptures come from God, and that God isn't unbiased. Due to the disagreement with Lucifer, God simply isn't giving the guy a fair shake. He instead uses his vast power to say, if you listen to him over me I will cut you out of your afterlife. That's just one side of the story though, Lucifer (if he exists) is quite powerful in his own right, he rivaled God and got pissed when God said humanity would be his plaything. That he would do things like give it free will and then punish it for not choosing him over the rest of the universe, on just the faintest bit of information. God would do other things too like condemn you when you were born because of the sins of someone generations earlier. The only salvation wasn't to prove your own worth but rather to spend your life begging for forgiveness. Satanists basically argue that God is an arrogant, self absorbed, narcissistic jackass. Lucifer on the other hand sees that humanity has the freedoms and reasoning that many creatures do not, and therefore they should be allowed to seek out pleasure, self fulfillment, and everything else. Basically that you get to be free rather than a slave.

Whether you believe it or not, many do and just about every belief system on the planet including atheism has some weird things in it.

Atheism is not a belief system. It is simply the position that there is no God/are no deities. There is no system or set of practices or "weird things in it". I wonder if you could tell us how you got the notion that it is a belief system and what that system is and what "weird things' are in it?

Erm it is a belief system.

It is a belief that there is no god. When nobody really knows. It is taking a choice to BELIEVE something.

Why does a belief system have to involve "weird things", or set practices? That just isnt true.
A belief system is simply what a person chooses to believe, given the lack of any evidence.

I think to be agnostic would be the most logical and rational stand point, which is acknowledging that we simply dont know.

Again, I ask what SYSTEM? If you had read the post to which I responded, you would see that Aazadan, not I, said atheism was a belief SYSTEM and it involved "weird things". You seem to be confusing Aazadan's post with mine. Perhaps you should address your questions to that poster.
edit on 5-11-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

from the article

For their part, the Satanists say if there's religious heart-changin' going on in public schools, all religious heart-changers should get an equal shot at the sheep:

^^^i agree with them on this.

i can tell you if my child came home with the bible and this coloring book, the bible would be 'filed away' with the rest of the garbage and the 64 pack of crayola with the built in sharpener would be out and we'd be doing some coloring

Ya know.. I agree with these folks having their shot just to equalize things, but it doesn't excuse anyone for being Stupid like you are going to be by letting the kid keep the coloring book and not the bible. yep, your a dummy - why?

Because the kid will get so much more out of the bible even if it's just for the sake of Literature and or a good story with some moral compass - things that coloring book don't have. You'd be doing your kid a disservice. You'd actually be helping your kid to remain uneducated.

Don't be a dumb Father - let the kid keep both books and read or make him/her read both and then discuss the differences. Don't force your kid to grow up thinking about this issus as one sided when it's NOT YOUR decision to make - it's your kids. Let him.her make that decision only after they have all the facts. To force your views on the kid is criminal IMO.

Explain how killing, raping, salting the earth and slavery provide a (good) moral compass. Or, perhaps I misunderstood your intent and you were going for a bad moral compass.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

LOL.. No.. your funny.. The thing is all those things take place in the middle of the big novel called the Bible. You have to read through to the end to see that it all turns out rather swell - with good moral compass's.

Compess's - check that out.. 3 Es's on a word. Neato.

Er.. let me guess you saw the coloring book beginning to end but you never read The Bible beginning to end Hmm.. Well, do that and you'll see what i'm talking about.
edit on 6-11-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
From what I've gathered, based on personal experience, is that Satanists accept people for what they are. If you have poor manners you may get your ass kicked. Have respect or get on up the road.
What I've gathered from Christians, most of whom have never even taken the time to read the Bible, is get a haircut and vote for Republicans.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I never understood how the republicans could manage to represent the true Christian values in the American public opinion. Brilliant example of false prophets.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: skunkape23

I never understood how the republicans could manage to represent the true Christian values in the American public opinion. Brilliant example of false prophets.

Easy. People who have actually read the entire Bible know it's revolting. The Jesus and love stuff is just veneer. Underneath that is a huge cesspool of salting the earth, God-ordained rape, murder, war, slavery, racism, sexism, the apocalypse and eternal torture. Those are the true Christian values.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

LOL.. No.. your funny.. The thing is all those things take place in the middle of the big novel called the Bible. You have to read through to the end to see that it all turns out rather swell - with good moral compass's.

Compess's - check that out.. 3 Es's on a word. Neato.

Er.. let me guess you saw the coloring book beginning to end but you never read The Bible beginning to end Hmm.. Well, do that and you'll see what i'm talking about.

I've read the Bible all the way through. It ends with "Revelation" and the apocalypse. Good times? I think not. I have to wonder if you've read it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

The Dude abides.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Uhm.......
Yet there are many Christian biblical scholars......
So, yea.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join