It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Agreed. Humans also fall into idiotic tropes. They worship things that they don't understand or try to learn from someone that professes to have. The questions our existence is based on don't have readily available answers. Those not able to seek them for themselves will forever be pulled into retarded sophistic theosophy led by power hungry perverts. I'm sorry to enlighten yall of that but it's true. All that crap yall read is just that.

Now if some satanists want to counter that with the idea that their professed path is nothing more than a mockery of established religion I have no problem with that. I just want to remind you that you are also being a bit neurotic about it. Don't smoke too much of your own stuff. There is enlightenment to be found somewhere.

Your op has made up my mind. In public school it's not going to matter how many bibles or satanic backwards bibles are passed out. This society is just lost. There will always be some good among us but now we are becoming aware of the evil. It's a whole new paradigm shift.

Cool thread though

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Oh and one other thing. Reading about things you shouldn't be contemplating is poison. You aren't meant to see all the things. The problem we have is empathy. The first thing your DNA will make you do is try and relate/assimilate. That is not possible to do with a certain segment of society. It's pure poison put out there like a virus.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
PhoenixOD

Except that bad guy wasn't just written about in the Bible. Satan isn't a proper name anyway, it merely means "enemy" or "adversary".

If you are talking about a red suited, horned tail, two horned guy with a goatee, then that's from the Middle Ages, written by Dante. But if you are talking about a spiritual entity that dwells in the negative and dark corners of the nothingness and promotes evil in the world and influences humans to think he doesn't exist, then that one has indeed been written about long before Christianity. In Zoroastrianism he was Ahriman, for Buddhists is Māra, for Norse he is Nidhogg.

Whether or not you believe in God makes little difference, the point is that there is a spiritual realm that consists of both good and evil and there are people who are invoking the evil to come to them. You don't need a Bible to do that, all you need is to recognize there is a spiritual realm.

So you're stating that you believe that Ahura Mazda was real then, as well as Mithras (Ahriman lasted a few generations), and since Mara was a version of a Vedic god, then you're asserting that Shiva and Brahman and Vishnu are all equally real?

And I think you missed out on the Norse equivalent really ... you don't have to go a lot farther than Loki if you're looking for a satanic cognate ... and you fail to mention the Egyptian Set, or the Greek Hades for goodness sake ...

... but here's the real thing ...

You can't claim reality for one side of these pairings or groupings without invoking the reality of the other side. And if all these gods and goddesses are real, and there are only two realms on the spiritual planes, then are you surmising that ol' YHVH is timesharing the throne with Odin and Zeus? Or perhaps, the Big Guy is like the Wizard of Oz and there's a little man behind the curtain?

(Actually, that last is a fairly accurate description, it turns out.)

I have an alternate explanation;

What if the spiritual realms and all of their inhabitants are mere fictions of the human mind? What if we take our personal characteristics, imbue them with natural forces like lightning, or fire, or earthquakes, and then tell stories about them which are really, in the end, stories about US ... and in reality it is humans who have performed every act of good or committed every act of evil that has ever been done?

My explanation requires a lot less hocus-pocus, if nothing else.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Since I'm here where I shouldn't be I will add to the conversation. There is no man behind the curtain as far as we can tell. The "man" behind the curtain doesn't exist in this universe. By "universe" I mean it subjectively. He's not there. You can't point at him or interact with him. Does he exist? Heck if I know. Maybe he manifests himself "in our own image."

Society was founded by people capitalizing on the neurosis of the human condition. They don't have the same hang ups as you do. When they walk around entrancing gullible fools they build power. When the rains don't come they make you do things. When they do, they make you give the grain to them. When they run into economical issues they give you a king. The king is usually of them or of the response they make and simply co-opt. Holy swords and all. All of your gods are a complete fiction. Maybe not completely though..... after all we are a reflection of our universe.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

You're preaching to the converted brother.

The only way I could make the Wizard of Oz metaphor match up with my reality any better would be if the little man behind the curtain was hallucinating the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: nukedog

You're preaching to the converted brother.

The only way I could make the Wizard of Oz metaphor match up with my reality any better would be if the little man behind the curtain was hallucinating the whole thing.

The little man is about to jump the f out from behind the curtain and start macing mothers down

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The Bible would be on the shelf with the others and the coloring book would be in the trash just like the Jehovah's Witness tracts that get stuffed in my door.

Me and my kids use the watchtower as a coloring book. It's quite hilarious.

When the witnesses hand the books to me I'm like "sweet, coloring books" and then close the door.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Show me a kid who actually pays attention in Religion lessons and I'll show you a little devil

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
Some modern Christians consider the Devil to be an angel who, along with one-third of the angelic host (the demons) rebelled against God and has consequently been condemned to the Lake of Fire. He is described as hating all humanity (or more accurately creation), opposing God, spreading lies and wreaking havoc on the souls of mankind.

en.wikipedia.org...

people believe this????

everything i read about religion leads me to questions and the answer is always, its BS..

god created all things....he is all knowing..etc etc...
he didnt know an angel was going to rebel?
even though the devil is responsible for all the evil in the world, all god does is condemn him to the lake of fire.....

would a loving god not go a little further to 'protect his children/creation'

so many holes in these stories.....
none of it adds up yet a huge chunk of the world thinks its true.....

its a wonder humanity has made it as far as we have...i attribute that to the chunk of the world that does not believe in this crap...

Disclaimer: I am not overly familiar with Satanism. From what I'm aware of though, the Satanists counter by saying the Bible and Scriptures come from God, and that God isn't unbiased. Due to the disagreement with Lucifer, God simply isn't giving the guy a fair shake. He instead uses his vast power to say, if you listen to him over me I will cut you out of your afterlife. That's just one side of the story though, Lucifer (if he exists) is quite powerful in his own right, he rivaled God and got pissed when God said humanity would be his plaything. That he would do things like give it free will and then punish it for not choosing him over the rest of the universe, on just the faintest bit of information. God would do other things too like condemn you when you were born because of the sins of someone generations earlier. The only salvation wasn't to prove your own worth but rather to spend your life begging for forgiveness. Satanists basically argue that God is an arrogant, self absorbed, narcissistic jackass. Lucifer on the other hand sees that humanity has the freedoms and reasoning that many creatures do not, and therefore they should be allowed to seek out pleasure, self fulfillment, and everything else. Basically that you get to be free rather than a slave.

Whether you believe it or not, many do and just about every belief system on the planet including atheism has some weird things in it.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Some modern Christians consider the Devil to be an angel who, along with one-third of the angelic host (the demons) rebelled against God and has consequently been condemned to the Lake of Fire. He is described as hating all humanity (or more accurately creation), opposing God, spreading lies and wreaking havoc on the souls of mankind.

en.wikipedia.org...

people believe this????

everything i read about religion leads me to questions and the answer is always, its BS..

even though the devil is responsible for all the evil in the world, all god does is condemn him to the lake of fire.....

its a wonder humanity has made it as far as we have...i attribute that to the chunk of the world that does not believe in this crap...

Disclaimer: I am not overly familiar with Satanism. From what I'm aware of though, the Satanists counter by saying the Bible and Scriptures come from God, and that God isn't unbiased. Due to the disagreement with Lucifer, God simply isn't giving the guy a fair shake. He instead uses his vast power to say, if you listen to him over me I will cut you out of your afterlife. That's just one side of the story though, Lucifer (if he exists) is quite powerful in his own right, he rivaled God and got pissed when God said humanity would be his plaything. That he would do things like give it free will and then punish it for not choosing him over the rest of the universe, on just the faintest bit of information. God would do other things too like condemn you when you were born because of the sins of someone generations earlier. The only salvation wasn't to prove your own worth but rather to spend your life begging for forgiveness. Satanists basically argue that God is an arrogant, self absorbed, narcissistic jackass. Lucifer on the other hand sees that humanity has the freedoms and reasoning that many creatures do not, and therefore they should be allowed to seek out pleasure, self fulfillment, and everything else. Basically that you get to be free rather than a slave.

Whether you believe it or not, many do and just about every belief system on the planet including atheism has some weird things in it.

Atheism is not a belief system. It is simply the position that there is no God/are no deities. There is no system or set of practices or "weird things in it". I wonder if you could tell us how you got the notion that it is a belief system and what that system is and what "weird things' are in it?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

i guess they try to get em young.....

Of course.

Disney has been doing it for decades.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

en.wikipedia.org...

people believe this????

Atheism is not a belief system. It is simply the position that there is no God/are no deities. There is no system or set of practices or "weird things in it". I wonder if you could tell us how you got the notion that it is a belief system and what that system is and what "weird things' are in it?

Erm it is a belief system.

It is a belief that there is no god. When nobody really knows. It is taking a choice to BELIEVE something.

Why does a belief system have to involve "weird things", or set practices? That just isnt true.
A belief system is simply what a person chooses to believe, given the lack of any evidence.

I think to be agnostic would be the most logical and rational stand point, which is acknowledging that we simply dont know.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I'm not religious at all,but it would be interesting to me to see a breakdown of how many people have been murdered in the name of "god" and how many have been murdered in the name of "satan" throughout human history.

I bet the christians wouldn't like the results...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So where was the coloring book actually handed out? Was the point to have teachers pass this out or was this part of some sort of after school event?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Personally, I'd use the pages of the coloring book to light the fire that burns the bible.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The absence of a belief is a belief in and of itself.

As far as weird things go, if you don't believe in the concept of a soul, start taking a look at how a bunch of individual cells can come together and create a sentient being.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

en.wikipedia.org...

people believe this????

Erm it is a belief system.

It is a belief that there is no god. When nobody really knows. It is taking a choice to BELIEVE something.

Why does a belief system have to involve "weird things", or set practices? That just isnt true.
A belief system is simply what a person chooses to believe, given the lack of any evidence.

I think to be agnostic would be the most logical and rational stand point, which is acknowledging that we simply dont know.

System: an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole. Where is the system in atheism? It's a single position.

I didn't say a belief has to involve "weird things". The poster to whom I was responding said that about atheism.

I agree with you that agnosticism is the most logical position.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The absence of a belief is a belief in and of itself.

As far as weird things go, if you don't believe in the concept of a soul, start taking a look at how a bunch of individual cells can come together and create a sentient being.

How about you explain how a soul can "come together and create a sentient being".

I don't recall mentioning my position on any of this except that atheism is not a belief SYSTEM. You've jumped to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

i know youre gonna pop on the nazi thing...yeah, they used it...that symbol was used before that for different things though

In prison the aryan brotherhood, white supremists, tatoo a
set of satanic lightning bolts, at the base of the spine of a
white, who murders a blackman in prison. It's called "Getting
your bolts".

That's the kind of crap I was referring too.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well, it worked for Ted Cruz pushing homophobic anti gay agendas.

Ted Cruz won "Children's book of the Year" with his Christian, faith based coloring book that pushed all sorts of idiotic ideas onto children.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join