It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada won't issue visas to residents of countries with widespread Ebola

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Canada is following in Australia's footsteps and is suspending visa applications for residents and nationals of the West African countries battling Ebola. The federal government signalled it would stop issuing visas in the worker, student or visitor class and won't issue any pending permanent residency visas for people from those countries either. Any applications already in the system will also not be processed at this time.

www.ctvnews.ca...

If only the U.S. would follow suit, but something tells me that even if we had Ebola in every state that the Feds would not give in to common sense. Jerks.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Good for the Canucks. Common sense it seems is still alive elsewhere…

restricitons worldwide

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Canada is following in Australia's footsteps and is suspending visa applications for residents and nationals of the West African countries battling Ebola. The federal government signalled it would stop issuing visas in the worker, student or visitor class and won't issue any pending permanent residency visas for people from those countries either. Any applications already in the system will also not be processed at this time.

www.ctvnews.ca...

If only the U.S. would follow suit, but something tells me that even if we had Ebola in every state that the Feds would not give in to common sense. Jerks.

But currently there is only one that that has Ebola and that is NY.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I think Canada is wise in their decision...and I think the USA should to the same.

Edit: I care about all the countries and the people in them that are suffering from Ebola; I want them to get well and be healthy; and I hope TPTB find a solution.

However...people that are in the USA and all the other countries; I want them to be well too and not get Ebola; I think that Canada is just using a common sense approach in protecting their people until things get better.

edit on 2014-10-31T16:25:15-05:00pmFridaypm31201410America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: correct spelling

edit on 2014-10-31T16:26:44-05:00pmFridaypm31201410America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-10-31T16:45:44-05:00pmFridaypm31201410America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: add more

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let's make sure everyone suffers even though the vast majority of people in these countries are healthy. God forbid a single Westerner gets hurt even if thousands of Africans suffer for that safety. Common sense indeed.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

We already have thousands coming to the US across the borders why does the US still need to issue visa to other countries around the world, most of the people that the visas are issue to, over extend the visas once they are within the US and never go back to their countries.

I guess free for all and open borders is the motto of those running this nation to the ground.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Let's make sure everyone suffers even though the vast majority of people in these countries are healthy. God forbid a single Westerner gets hurt even if thousands of Africans suffer for that safety. Common sense indeed.

Yeah,
Killing off some westerners would bring back the Africans who have died of Ebola.

Right?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

So allowing healthy Africans to immigrate here kills people?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

You should of just stoped at, "lets make sure everyone suffers".

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

So allowing healthy Africans to immigrate here kills people?

No.
Allowing healthy Africans to come here will not reduce the death toll there.
Allowing people to enter the country from infected areas puts the country at risk because they refuse to do a proper quarantine.

Of course when people use feelings to think with instead of logic, then we're all just a bunch of evil westerners who don't want to have an ebola outbreak in our own country. It would only be fair if a bunch of us died as well.

Of course, the other 30+ countries who have travel bans are just murdering Africans left and right huh?
Including the 18 or 19 African countries who have enacted travel bans too.

edit on 31-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I guess since ebola was never really a problem for us our politicians are doing everything in their power to make it one.

Hey, if it gets headlines and freaks people out enough to keep the illusion that are government keeps us safe... it's golden.

Excuse me, I'm late for my flue vax.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
About time! And about time EU does the same. Let the EU make itself useful just this one time and stop the spread of ebola in Europe in their capacity as a supra nation organisation. But obviously they'll let this chance of being of any use pass. A shared and Europe-wide coordinated anti-spread policy would be welcomed though
At least by me.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well now your just being an idiot.

You can close borders/stop issuing visas, and still help people. But your number one priority is your own citizens, especially if people are willing to lie about it, as we've seen.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Don't be bloody daft in the head.Do you not read? Like..EVER?? Most African countries have travel bans in place,re travellers from ebola -stricken nations in West Africa.My ANC-led country with a Black African government has had a travel ban in place since August.Because of prudence and common sense.

Most African nations are erring on the side of caution,and I say good for Canada and Australia for doing the same.
But hey,don't let facts get in the way of trying to get a dig in,at the "evil white man"

My guvment is as black as the ace of spades-and we're laughing at "white" nations too stupid to err on the side of caution.ALL of us,black,white+colored,Chinese immigrants,Indian immigrants,all of us who form the nation of SA is Laughing at nations too stupid to err on the side of caution.Not a joyful,derisive laugh-but a head-shaking grim laugh.

Get a life and get that forest off your shoulder.

edit on 31-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo's

edit on 31-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
OMG! I live in Canada!! Does that mean people with Ebola will go around the Visas and come here illegaly unidentified?

/s

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They will just fly in to the USA and walk through the northern border cause your southern brothers are too stupid to take the same measures

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
OMG! I live in Canada!! Does that mean people with Ebola will go around the Visas and come here illegaly unidentified?

/s

Yes.
According to the logic of the ideological american left...in support of the present administration... as soon as you enact a ban on immigration into your country of people from ebola infected countries, all hell will break loose.

You will be inundated by visaless immigrants who all have ebola. They will sneak in by all manner of creative subterfuge.

FYI
As an American...
If I was in charge of Canada, I'd ban immigration from the US as they have cases of ebola and are not taking steps to prevent further cases by allowing unfettered travel from infected countries. Many people even taking great steps to ensure that our medical personnel who have been in contact with ebola are allowed to continue traveling and contacting other people within US borders...and even cruises to Central American ports of call.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So let's quarantine travel from Texas and New York. Ebola must be stopped at all costs.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So let's quarantine travel from Texas and New York. Ebola must be stopped at all costs.

And Maine.

As long as we're at it let's finally secure that pesky southern border.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Let's just do all of New England. She traveled through there on the way to Maine. Also let's burn every plane that's ever touched somebody who's been to Africa.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join