It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats threatening Democrats into going to the polls

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: doubtit

Because it's one of the "common talking points that all Republicans/right wingers strangely have in common" to pretend that all Democrats are the equivalent of Chicago crime bosses that are enforcing omerta on their soldiers.

That is of course, when they're not being portrayed as Nazis, Communists and Heretics, but hey, how much do you expect out of one thread?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

You've got to be kidding me...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's hilarious, right? Like the word "ensure" is going to make people all warm and fuzzy, but the word "disappointed" is going to give people nightmares...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hey Kayla and Kali ... I've noticed a distinct reduction in the quality of the argumentation we're getting from our friends on the Right these days ... you think they're just losing interest in their spiel? Are they running out of catch-phrases to cut and paste?

I mean, just blatant misrepresentation combined with out-and-out dullness in their claims, as we're seeing here.

Democrats write a letter and it's political coercion ... and Republicans write virtually the same words ... and they're just letting folks know how they feel.

Cognitive dissonance at its best.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I just don't even...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Vote or else. Sounds like the old Soviet Union. On the other hand, if it helps Democrats over Republicans.......

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's really like they're spinning in a centrifuge and tossing out buzzwords.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

There has always been a small group on this site that spews out these liberal/democrat/progressive-bashing threads, using obviously distorted, out-of-context, and outright false information. There are a couple of people who I believe have made it their life mission. To be fair, I have seen a few of the same type of conservative-bashing threads from the more left-leaning, but honestly, not nearly as many.

All we can do to combat it is to debunk and point out facts. I've seen you do a good job of that here, so keep it up!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

lolz ... and the faster it goes the faster it spews ... "naaaanny state" "Alliiinsky" "brriiingmamericabaaaaackkk"

Good one.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Aww shucks ma'am.

An interesting side-effect, for me, is that I've actually declared a political side after all these years. I mean, I can certainly see that the relative effect of the national political machines is often similar in some ways, but it's the ways in which they're dissimilar that actually brought me on to "a side."

I'll take folks who favor science and reason over superstition and illogic any day, no matter what color hat they're wearing.

Keep up the good fight!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It's hilarious, right? Like the word "ensure" is going to make people all warm and fuzzy, but the word "disappointed" is going to give people nightmares...

What should a parent do when handling the issue of their child doing homework, tell them that they need to do their homework to ensure that they have a better future.... Or tell them that they will be disappointed with them if they don't do their homework

One is positive and one is negative.
One implies success and the other implies failure.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

We aren't children. We are adults. I think we can handle the word "disappointed".

Good God - If I had gotten that letter, I wouldn't have given it a moment's thought. Now if they had said, "we know where your children go to school, so if you value their lives..." THAT would have been threatening. Saying they are disappointed in the lack of voter turnout? Ooooooh, I'm shaking.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Are you saying that the underlying psychology only applies to children? I don't know any other way to read your reply.

Have you ever managed employees?

If you think the two political parties view the average voter as anything more than a child.... Oh well.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm disappointed in your attempt to validate this silly thread.

I hope you don't lose too much sleep over that, or get too scared.

edit on 1-11-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I am proud of you that you are trying to invalidate my points by using fear.

I couldn't ask for more.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Awww, and your being proud of me is so important to me, that I think it will affect me the rest of my life.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am proud of you that you are trying to invalidate my points by using fear.

I couldn't ask for more.

Are you kidding?

I mean ... are you?

Surely you are; you have to be.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: doubtit
Why is sending a letter that while yes could have been worded better, being blown out of proportion?

It's just one more way to slam the "other side"... Even if it's a fantasy. Until, of course, they find out that their side did it, too! Then, it's different because... well... because it's "our side"! LOL

It's so ridiculous to make a big deal out of this letter in the first place, but then, when it's discovered that their people did the SAME THING, they deny that it's the same! LOL A true sign of a partisan hack!

That's why neither side owns me. I have NEVER been a member of a political party and I never will be.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I've been saying for some time that there is a huge difference between the Left and the Right, and that is that the Right has been subjected to a massive political propaganda machine that has brainwashed them in to being obedient, compliant little drones.....a machine the Left could only dream of having.

That machine's effectiveness can be seen in the posts on ATS alone. How many times do we see people say things like: "chicago-style politics", "community organizer", "Cloward-Piven", "Saul Alinsky" and I could go on for days. All propaganda buzzwords that are pounded in to their heads by the Right-wing media.

I'm not a fan of the the Democrats, I believe they are moving too far Right because they see how effective the Right's tactics are, but what is happening in the Right-Wing echo chamber is dangerous to our republic because it is creating misinformed, xenophobic, emotionally-driven knee-jerkers that are losing the ability to critical thinking, honesty and trying to implement their own new brand of "political correctness".

That being the case, we have threads like this. Context is not taken in to account and when it is shown that the GOP is doing the same damned thing, they scream "there's a difference!".

Please. These sorts of threads and the comments within it are insulting to the intelligence and it makes me wonder if these people really think we are stupid enough to fall for this crap....time and time again.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

From your source:

“This flier is part of the nationwide Democratic response to traditional Republican voter-suppression efforts, because Democrats believe our democracy works better when more people vote, not
less,” said Peter Kauffmann, a committee spokesman.

“The difference between Democrats and Republicans is they don’t want people to vote and we want everyone to vote.”

Paterson declined to comment.

I got mine in the mail two days ago

It says:

Dear Spiramirabilis :-)

This report provides you with a helpful summary of how often you vote and how your voting participation compares with other voters in your state.

Being a voter is important.

If you vote often, please take pride in doing your part. If not, we hope this information will encourage you to vote and, hopefully, go to the polls this Tuesday, November 4th.

Blah Blah - find more information about the candidates (candidates - not just Dems) here...more local stuff...polls are open til 7:00 etc., etc...

Then, finally: No on can know how you vote, but whether or not you vote is a matter of public record. Thank you for participating in the election process, and we hope to see you at the polls on Tuesday, November 4

Directly from the folks at the Voter Participation Center - a nefarious group if there ever was one

I tells ya - I was positively quaking in my boots when I got that letter!!! My god - they even have my address!

My score is well above average - because I vote - a lot. Happy and proud to do it. Think I'll put my report card up on the fridge

(it's called Get Out The Vote - fraidy cats)

:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join