It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason for the militarization of the police in the US. To: non federal or state level LEOs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Just came from a posse commitus thread where some poor mentally ill homeless person cops more bullets than Bonnie and Clyde over a stolen freakin cup of coffee now cops like that are going to get a bradley fighting vehicle and 50 cal-O joy.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I am counting down the seconds from when I can take off my badge and walk away never to look back. The time is encroaching quickly. I cannot wait for the day.

Keep your mouth shut. Smile when you're supposed to. Do what you have to do (and ... for ... not ... one ... second ... longer ... than ... that).

When you leave, close that chapter of your life for good. It's best to move to another state if you can afford it. It's okay to talk to strangers about the past and no others. Find new friends (it takes time, but I'm right). Never EVER call the cops ... you're not one of 'them' anymore. As cool as some cops can be, what you remember will not ever be the same as it was.

I promise you this: You've got PTSD and don't even know it. Don't say a word or you'll lose your 2d Amendment rights. There aren't a lot of happily retired LEOs.

Find a new job fast. Anything'll do. It'll help cement the past in a place it belongs.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
when I left LE, I was considered one of the "good cops" , I was a human and an officer, not just an officer. there are alot of "good cops" out there but they must forever remain silent. I could not bea part of the type of "brotherhood" I was seeing...arrogant just becuse of the badge, " I um the law!" , no friends who were not cops cause they could get you in trouble, but if all your friends are fellow officers....well, you are "above reproach"

the OP brought up that the military cant operate in the boards...so now we have the increasing "militarization" of police. the police have shown that they are willing to use force , excessive force against civilians, even peacefull civilians. it doesnt matter "why", they were just told to disperse tje "crowd".
we are seeing more and more police ...brutality or incompetence or horrible judgement being reported. the govt has its "army" to enforce its "wants" on society. make the police look like an army, spend weeks and $millions$ amd hundreds of officers to find 1 "cop killer" but very little to find a "civilian killer". show society to NEVER question police authority and if the do they wwill pay dearly as an example to others.

the militarization of law enforcement is the govts army...and law enforcement doesnt even know how they are being used by the "system"

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I have no idea if anything you say has any meat to it, but just the idea that LEO is going to get their's someday...

S+F!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join