It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason for the militarization of the police in the US. To: non federal or state level LEOs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I just wanted to throw something out there as food for thought for Law enforcement NOT on a federal or state level.

I was wondering, have you guys REALLY considered why the US is militarizing its police force? You ever ask yourselves why police departments that get all this military hardware and extra training are PDs with a history of excessive force? Of coarse not.

You guys think you have a golden ticket and finally the establishment needs you so you are one of them. Untouchable.

What if, LOL, they see you as the scum they see us as? What if there is no coincidence to the increase in federal monitoring of PDs behind the scenes? What if every thing is being cataloged and documented? Every instance of excessive force, abuse, or corruption no matter how benign it may seem to you...what if its all being used to make a big case? One big reason for something bigger. A systematic response to a "systematic" problem the public will support 1000%. You guys MUST hear of little things like absurd supervisors and rules being put in place that just make things more stressful and difficult to do your job easily, or without walking the thin blue line.

What has changed? The population is MORE docile. Crime is down almost everywhere. Is there a reason why veterans are now seen as possible domestic terrorists? How many of you guys are ex military? Hmmm. Never thought about it or is it denial?

What if all the stories of federal encroachment are true? Why is it that places that go under a federal investigation never seem to shake off that level of monitoring or suspicion? YET, they do nothing really. Not really.

THEY WANT YOU GUYS TO ACT OUT. They are enabling you. They love having a valid excuse to move into your cities and PDs with the excuse of internal review, checks and balances...because there is a "systematic" problem. LOL The population will eat that crap right up. QUICK. Maybe even out of spite. Who is going to do anything for you when all your head people are no longer there to help? When unions are either sold out or powerless? Who is on your side then? The law? LOL, the people? YOUR PEOPLE? You sure?

Let me tell you a story. My cities PD was like most in the US. Proud and self sufficient. They even went so far as to plant a grenade in the trunk of one of those annoying elitist supervisors JUST because he wanted to humble the PD by making them all wear what was a female officers cap. Literally tried to kill the guy and blew up his car over that and some other tell tale signs of federal weight pushing. He resigned the next day and all was well. A couple decades later, you guys are pulling out your batteries from your cell phones at BBQs just to talk freely and "things have changed". YET, and I will say it again, nothing is REALLY different. If you need to cover for your own you can. If you need to bend the rules you are allowed to. If you need protection for making a human mistake you get it. WHAT? The federal government is being outsmarted by you? They dont care because they "understand" you are one of them? LOL

So why all the effort for you guys to feel their presence? Why the sudden reassignments and "political" decisions to just make your lives more difficult while enabling you to do more of what was once reserved for a special case?

Take for example the NYPD. What happened when the federal government stepped in after the 70´s and 80´s? Did the federal presence ever leave? Did the NYPD ever get trusted enough again to get more of their own into the upper echelon of operations? Who got those promotions and positions of authority? Was it the same sort of people who used to get it? Or was it the sort of people you guys would "take are of" like you "take care of your own", just in the other direction of the receiving good end?

Most people are too dumb to even see it. I dont expect you guys to come to the realization that the next enemy and object of control ISNT the docile and comfortable population. They have that already without breaking a sweat. YOU guys are next. There is a mountain of dirt and excuses to get you exactly where your unions and sense of fraternity cant help. You wont even have the SLIGHTEST support from the populace. Think about that.

So, what is a militarized police force, vast infrastructure of internal review and planted federal agents in uniform next to you without making much of a rumble all for?

I cant tell you. I honestly am not smart enough to spell it all out, and even if I did, would you believe me?

Ask your own guys. Talk to your captains, ESU units, all the guys who are getting shifted around. Ask why the surge in uniforms when crime is just going down? Who is filling those uniforms? What type of people?

Talk among yourselves. Dont listen to some idiot over the internet. Just dont be surprised when you hear about budgets and overtime being used to force you into things that if were proposed even 20 years ago would have everyone laughing their asses off and sending off the person making these changes with a slap on the ass. Dont be surprised about the deals you will hear about where peoples careers were cut short or ruined over taking a stand against the almighty federal bitch maker. Dont be surprised about the theories and the suspicions of who may be a federal agent in uniform listening and playing along. Dont be surprised about the things they know because they must have been listening the whole time. Dont be surprised when you find yourself betraying your boys because, well, you have a family... man /bro.

SO thats all. Just hearsay, BS and some random crap. Still...HAVE you asked yourselves WHY?

Carry on guys. Go back to your regular lives. This is all a bad dream. They need and love you. You are one of them.

Keep acting up.
edit on 10 31 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I see the pig's just like what Amorica has become.
Cheap Labor!
edit on 10/31/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I did always find it odd that unions have been systematically destroyed except in a few places like law enforcement. Very interesting theory. Food for thought.

I think it's exactly what most think it is. Preparing for a full on police state. Good post though.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I believe that they militarized the police due to the constitution forbidding a standing army. So now they don't need the army here they have the police. Because whatever they have planned next is going to really piss off the population and they know it. So they have to have a military and equipment to fight with.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm kind of with you.

Look I think they want us to act out as well. There is one thing that cannot stop however...

And that's Solidarity.

They can't do a damn thing but comply if we figure out a way to just set our difference aside and stand strong and firm in unison and demand change absolutely.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Always in the back of my mind. Reminds me of a favorite video:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree man.

What has been the modus operandi?

Create a problem then solve it, and the hero /vindicator allows for things to be done that were not possible before...because reasons.

I really think they are going to target our LAST line of true defense. The law itself. Those who dont comply are enemies of state. Domestic terrorists. The people will eat that crap up if its the "evil cops" we all hate.

We really do need to support the good cops because they have never been more alone or vulnerable. We have also never needed them like we do now. Good DAs, good commissioners, Good PDs ect, that are supported by their cities and cities supported by their states.

Solidarity is the key. Cohesion as a people based on our ethos and common core. Cops need to break from their self imposed isolation of seeing their only support groups as other cops or friends of cops. Only going to cop bars or social gatherings of cops or friends and family of cops. That wasnt always the case. The old school they revere WAS the people itself that spawned them.

We need to stop seeing them all as guilty until proven innocent.... And even then the good ones are still cops to us so we see them as a lesser EVIL-

That needs to change. We need to change just like they do. We are being played as has been done for hundreds of years.

We ARE a people. One people. That is being blurred into a "them VS us". That needs to stop.

Have a good one everyone.

HOLD IT DOWN.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- Being a retired LEO at both the Fed./Ca. level I'll abstain from commenting as some 'may' construe what I added to be slanted/biased....

BUT....

In all fairness shouldn't the title read "One Guy's 'theory' on the real reason...." ?

Personally, I found many interesting points in Your piece and although I have been retired for 10 yrs. it is a "whole different ballgame" Although violence is down across the board the incidences of police related assault has increased, so now the jaywalker gets 'tuned up' as does the guy/gal filming the assault and then ALL their property is seized illegally... But I'd be the wrong guy to comment as I saw the ill effects of the "War on Drugs" and more specifically the "Crack War" where "The Man" (establishment) would incarcerate the Urban male (read: "Black/other") for 25 years in PRISON while the sub-Urban male (white) was given PROBATION for using/abusing/selling the same drug (coc aine) but because the Urban male made more $$$ by "rocking it up" they were penalized...

In closing, You know those 'Uncle Suga Bailouts' ? The wrong folks are getting the $$$, they are the wealthy business turd that blows through His wad and then gets His politico cronies to pass laws to steal even more $$$, I could recruit 5 "street dealers" that have 95% more "business sense" then any of these turds that keep stealing our $$$..

I'd wager the militarization is due to the fact that the Industrial War Machine has run out of global customers and the bigger countries are already pulling the same scam on their own citizenry and don't need our hardware anymore...

That is if I were to comment but I don't think it would be "fair" and fear of reprisal? I've got "wood" and pics/video and computers, if I go, I'm grabbing "others"....

namaste

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The problem is that the police are trapped in a culture. It's a culture of egotism, masculine, competitive, and gangster. They are thinking now like the criminals they pretend to hate. They have the same thuggish mentality that the gang bangers have. It's egotism.

That's not the issue we want to agree on though we need to find issues that are more foundational. Ideas that are, religion, gender, and sexual neutral.

I don't know what they are.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good post OP...Everytime someone goes to the slammer its more job security for the cops, the lawyers, the judges and the prison guards. So yes I agree, everyone should hold it down, use their cell phones and capture footage of brutality.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The ptb knew there economic polities would lead to 20% unemployment or worst, so they are arming or military arming the once civilian authorities for the crack down or civil war that's looming and industry will profit from arming both sides.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Hey thanks for the input sir.

It is just my theory. I just thought I wouldnt be shy with what I am trying to say since its so vague already.

I can see the need for a domestic market for what used to be a more lucrative international arms market. BUT there is also a UN crack down on small arms from the west internationally, favoring Chinese or eastern small arms to conflict zones. WHY do that through the UN at all? WE fought for that, to castrate ourselves.

I am not sure but I am honestly as worried about our fellow citizens in uniform as I am for us regular idiots.

I am grateful you said your part. I think the main thing we can do is disarm the tension between LEOs and the people of their communities. In the end we are just the same thing in different clothing with a different purpose, BUT working towards the same goal of prosperity and peace.

Have a good one guy.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Rich people hire bodyguards, because the one thing that scares them is physical violence and kidnappers.

Uber-rich people hire goons and assassins.

Governments hire standing armies and convince them (somehow) that dressing up in combat and riot gear is somehow justified every morning before work, because what they are up against is so dangerous.

What's needed is for the goons and standing armies to realize they're on the wrong side and are hopelessly outnumbered, no matter how good their weaponry.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

We too are trapped in our mindsets. We are pretty rotten as a society. I wont pretend to speak to that since honestly, I am not sure the social engineers that over many decades did this even keep track. Its just a general direction towards oblivion and confusion that is slightly guided away from the big ice burgs that would reveal that the captain is drunk or crazy.

These guys are being recruited from our communities and families.

They arent cloned. We are producing them. Both they and ourselves are broken. Not just them.

What ever changed needs to be looked at closely but we cant take steps back towards what was. We need to own this and make it ours. We need to just start choosing a direction from where we are, as a people together and damn the consequences as long as its something noble we ALL believe in. Not party line BS. Not election issues, or trending topics. New ideas our greatest thinkers can present to us and that we can all get behind.

I think. Well, I feel we need an age of Titans to set this all right. We wont be them, but we need to raise them and give them a world they can work with...one where we arent around to ruin it all out of habit for idiocy.

Give them tools and space and for us to just fade away.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The reason for the militarization is obvious, if you step back and look at the big picture. In order to establish Marshal Law and be effective you must slowly disperse the tools of that enforcement across the country. Once the local PD's are sufficiently equipped, then the response time for Marshal Law is seconds with no need to transport the weapons, only the personnel. The local PD's are being used as a staging area for this possibility in the future. Doesn't it make sense that to hide it from them too, they need to lower the hiring requirements (and associated IQ's) of the police in each area. Having intelligent LEO's would raise the bar and tip their hand too soon. Having an honest cop that might blow their cover would get in the way as well....why do you think they are shunned and persecuted in the ranks. They need unquestioning LEO's in charge of the equipment now....if they wish to take control of us all later.

Your eyes opening yet?

edit on 10/31/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A democracy can not exist without a free press.. Check..... pretty much taken care of.. except for the internet... working on that...
Get rid of anyone in the military who won't toe the line..... Check
Commanding Officers fired: endoftheamericandream.com...

Purge the Police and anyone else in official capacities that will not act as directed without question....Working on it.. have to wonder if brown shirts will be issued....black seems to be the color of the day though so I doubt it...

Block any third party from debates with the chosen parties.. Worked last time..

Naw nothing to see here move along..

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've tried to do my part in helping to bridge the gap between the police and the citizens. I have done so in my community and on the internet.

Every attempt is shunned and in the process my intellegence is insulted, I am called names, ostracized and even threatened with violence. Look no futher than ATS for your empirical evidence. And people question why cops tend to only associate with other cops...

You see it is a two way street. I as a police officer am just as responsible for bridging the gap and maintaining a quality relationship with the citizens as are the citizens with the police.

Unfortunately it has come to a point where I have given up. I don't care anymore. I am counting down the seconds from when I can take off my badge and walk away never to look back. The time is encroaching quickly. I cannot wait for the day.

I am not the only one that feels this way and I am afraid we will only be left with officers whom will never question orders given.

edit on 31-10-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I see lots of threads having to do with "Israel" these days. I guess it's worth mentioning in this thread how the US police force is receiving instruction from Israel.

Does that mean "We're all Palestinians now."?"

Joint Police & Law Enforcement Training
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

US police get antiterror training in Israel on privately funded trips
beta.cironline.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

well i would feel better there were more officers like yourself on the beat......

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
... they need to lower the hiring requirements (and associated IQ's) of the police in each area. Having intelligent LEO's would raise the bar and tip their hand too soon. They need unquestioning LEO's in charge of the equipment now....if they wish to take control of us all later.

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.
abcnews.go.com...

They say it is to reduce job turn over! Yeah, right!/
Smart people ask questions! Can't have that!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join