It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrific: ANOTHER Beheading in Oklahoma

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
a reply to: Kram09
No ISIS didn't invent the act of beheading but they help make it popular with the idiots in out western society.

Beheading has been a punishment for snitches in various drug cultures and has symbolic meanings for various mafias and cartels. They're actually much more offensive than ISIL. Much more. People posed in sexual positions with upside down crosses etc ... I would actually suggest taking my word for it, but go crazy if you want to hurt your retina.

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: RunForTheHills

No I am just hell bent on calling out the double standard that when the person shows beliefs in one religion it is considered a jihad and people go out of there way to blame an entire religion.

I agree about double standards. People seem remarkably sheltered and therefore they assume that everything violent is done by some kind of 'other' force. They go out, and they look for this 'other' force be it video games, ISIL or whatever else. In one way its comforting because the denial means that this individual would not do something like that. It's so crazy to them they banish it from their own belief systems.

On the other hand, whilst I can acknowledge there is a double standard, this double standard also applies often to persons who 'call out' the double standard. Some of them end up applying that standard to all of religion in general. Nazi-ism is something to be condemned, but suddenly anything done in the name of religion comes under the 'no true Scotsman fallacy' en freaking masse. The line in the sand is literally drawn between religion and politics despite the fact they're not always separable.

Muslims frankly have the same responses. ISIL aren't true Muslims, they're crazy, they're stupid ... but the fact it's not their method of killing that is the stand out factor for Islamic extremeists ... it's the pile of twitter posts and youtube videos endorsing the actions in the name of Allah. When the people doing it are calling it a jihad and saying they're forming a caliphate I don't think its a double standard to say that a single person with a machete hacking someone up in South London is not even playing the same sport never mind sitting in the same league.

That said, many Christians mostly ignore what goes on in Africa etc ... but lets face it, if we're going to critique each other based on what we're doing to stop world violence and stupidity ... unless you're in like Somalia or something doing peace keeping and infrastructure building and education ... you're probably in that 99% of the planet that does zero.

<< 1  2   >>

join