It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'In-flight anomaly' on Virgin SpaceShipTwo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Virgin Galactic says that its SpaceShipTwo space tourism craft has suffered an "in-flight anomaly".

The craft was being tested in the Mojave Desert region of California. Virgin Galactic said it would issue a fuller statement shortly.

Local police said they were responding to reports of a crash in Cantil.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Posted this here as they are still testing within the atmosphere rather than "Space" incase any mod wonders. BBC's twitter feed currently states the status of the pilots is unknown and that the rocket has been "Lost" not good really considering they are already behind schedule?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Sky news now reporting that one person has been killed and another is seriously injured.

news.sky.com...

Some images of debris floating around that may point to a structural break up?

edit on 31-10-2014 by solidshot because: (no reason given)

:Fake edit:

Ap news network are claiming on Twitter that witnesses saw the vehicle "explode" shortly after the rocket was ignited.
edit on 31-10-2014 by solidshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: solidshot

That "looks like" a piece of wing from the vehicle that reaches space. Was it rocketing up or 'reentering'?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: solidshot

:Fake edit:

Ap news network are claiming on Twitter that witnesses saw the vehicle "explode" shortly after the rocket was ignited.

Oh…

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It was going up, then some unknown occured and it failed.

Its just breaking with no recovery securing investigation yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Was still in atmosphere reputedly, Had supposedly just ignited it's engine testing a new "fuel" made op of plastic rather than a rubber compound according to Gizmodo.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
already posted and discussed here

ATS THREAD

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

ATS THREAD

As posted above this happened within orbit so dubious as to whether it should be in the space forum?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: solidshot

ATS THREAD

As posted above this happened within orbit so dubious as to whether it should be in the space forum?

i guess its a matter of opinion its the 'space exploration' forum .. and i pretty much think virgin galactic's ship is heading in that direction a new way for civilians to explore..

Besides i think the rules are .. 1 post in breaking news and 1 elsewhere whoever gets their first :p

Q

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: solidshot

ATS THREAD

i guess its a matter of opinion its the 'space exploration' forum .. and i pretty much think virgin galactic's ship is heading in that direction a new way for civilians to explore..

Besides i think the rules are .. 1 post in breaking news and 1 elsewhere whoever gets their first :p

Q

Aye had this argument with a mod in the past, they claimed that as well but in the past one of the "three amigo's" stated that it could be posted in any number of forums as long as it was relevant. And this was certainly the way posts were modded for some years. However trying to find that post now years later seems impossible...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

I thought the rules were post anyway and then pretend you didn't know?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

I thought the rules were post anyway and then pretend you didn't know?

i think you are 99% correct lol , but i think that usually comes with "i used the search feature first" :p

just messing OP

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
RIP to the pioneer risking life and limb to advance our race that little bit further.

So waiting for the blow back on this now - rational and irrational.

"How many folks with tix will ask for refund?"

Already have read people saying "this is a job for nasa" etc

Private Space travel & vehicles are here to stay - this stuff happens, and it likely won't be the last.

This will hurt VG but won't stop them.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Please contribute to previously posted thread located here.

Thank you

thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join