It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse Me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

The few times I went into chat, *crickets* and then people bailed out one at a time until there were just a few left. Obviously it has become more like a living room for a handful of people and less of a public area for all of us. Oh well. To each his own.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The worst part is when the "chat girls" organize to bash you.

It's happened to me several times.

I have actually watched this process many times.

The Chat Room at ATS IS ONLY FOR A FEW...

They make newbies feel about as welcome as Ebola.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Bon jower me sure rodnus. No my French is not really that bad just horribly limited. I can only get to a page that says welcome. But no one answers the door. reply to: Rodinus

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

That makes me incredibly sad. I really believe things will change now. Try again when they get chat up and running, it is down at present. It is more inclusive during an 'After Midnight' show or an 'ATS Live' show. Drop by then.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Bonjour ma cher...

Normal as apparently chat has been down for a couple of days in different sectors from what I can understand.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

a reply to: AutumnWitch657

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Then we need to organize and reclaim it as open territory. Who do these chits think they are?a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Merci misiour. As soon as it's up again I think we should invade. o:
a reply to Rodinus

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Then we need to organize and reclaim it as open territory. Who do these chits think they are?a reply to: whyamIhere

If you just watch the chat for awhile it's just a couple members.

They have all been here for years and consider chat their own.

There are lots of people on ATS I would love to chat with.

There is a definite agenda. And, it doesn't involve you or I.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Love your 'can do' attitude! Thank you for your contributions to this thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One person's can do attitude is another persons confrontation. But I can do either. Just let me know LOL. a reply to: Iamschist

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
HMMMM you know I consider that a challenge right? Collecting water balloons right now. a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
I read in another thread a member talking about how they loved to go into chat and hang out with their friends, and when a 'stranger' appeared how they all became silent until the 'stranger' went away.

Would this perhaps be the same group on ATS that leaves massive trails of stars in every thread they post in?

Childish pretty much says it all.

These are the kind of things that children are known for.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

I read in another thread a member talking about how they loved to go into chat and hang out with their friends, and when a 'stranger' appeared how they all became silent until the 'stranger' went away.

Would this perhaps be the same group on ATS that leaves massive trails of stars in every thread they post in?

Childish pretty much says it all.

These are the kind of things that children are known for.

Well, it was Obama re-election Headquarters here at ATS.

Since he has been a monumental failure....Crickets

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Um.. that was a poem. It wasn't meant to be serious or anything. Sometimes a poem is just a poem. The reason people leave chat when people come into it is simple: you get booted out quite often.
They are not leaving because you came in.

If anything, the people in chat love new people coming in there. It gives us new people to talk to and new subjects to talk about. And I have never been in there when someone wasn't welcomed or said hi to.

Hopefully, my poem is not what you are upset about, but if it is, I apologize. And I hope you and everyone else realize it isn't silent because you're in there, it'sbecause there is nothing v to say or everyone is perusing the website, or people got pulled away from their computer for real life.
All are welcome, and looking forward to seeing new faces if it ever comes back up.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to hear it is just a poem. Myself and others have experienced rejection and being unwelcome in chat many times. I hope there is now a renewed awareness of how being ignored can be perceived, regardless of the cause.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

That makes me incredibly sad. I really believe things will change now. Try again when they get chat up and running, it is down at present. It is more inclusive during an 'After Midnight' show or an 'ATS Live' show. Drop by then.

I too, only go to chat during an ATS radio show. I know there will be a MOD monitoring, and the radio crew is always in chat, to welcome us when we come in. It's very nice then :-)

Des

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i dont agree with much of this thread, most people in the chatroom will happily say hello and talk to anyone.
that is if they are there, mostly people in chat are idling. ie watching cat videos or whatever they do.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Ahhhh, that explains alot! LOL

hahaha those were my thoughts exactly!

I only popped into chat once and this very thing happened. Outright ignored when I tried saying hello so I just left. Haven't been back since

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
oops, double post.
edit on 31-10-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Most of us really like this site.

Maybe it will change.

Possible they didn't realize what a crappy feeling it is to be ignored on your favorite site.

I might give it another shot one day...

edit on 31-10-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join