It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse Me?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I guess if you hit the down arrow to the right of the log in button and hit the chat icon .... I didn't know there was a chat ! , it's a bit too social media for me.

edit on 31-10-2014 by gortex because: Too not to

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Thank you for pointing that out. To be honest I was so hot I did not even do a search. Certainly did not mean to step on any thread toes. Nice to know it is not just me.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Wait first we tar and feather em.

Ooh , ooh, lets put them in stocks in the town square and hurl rotten tomatoes at them for a day.

From past experience whenever chat is abused it gets shut down for a while. Kind of win, win for the jerks.

If somebody had reported this to staff first… then staff could monitor and catch em in the act. Now they are fled like roaches when you turn on the light. If a click is active in chat then they are active on threads as well.

Gang banging others content.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No really how do you get to a chat room. I don't see it listed in forums and I don't see it as an option on the tool bar above.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
a reply to: Rodinus

Thank you for pointing that out. To be honest I was so hot I did not even do a search. Certainly did not mean to step on any thread toes. Nice to know it is not just me.

You are not stepping on any thread toes at all as that particular thread goes back a while now... just wanted to help you out with a few unanswered questions that you may find there and hopefully set things straight as to why many people might look as if they are ignoring you when in fact they are not.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

5th icon from the right at the top of the page, a downward arrow in a circle, click it and get a pull down menu, chat is there.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh yeah humiliate them in front of the community then tar and feather them then run them out of town on a rail. That will learn em. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As much as I hate to agree with the OP, this is the reason I stopped using chat at all. I would like to believe the mods could do something to change this,but lets be honest...is it really against t&c to just ignore people in the chat room? Hard to prove that it is intentional if there is an ongoing conversation and you just happen to enter in the middle of,but have nothing to add. I have seen many enter,just to see who is on,then leave without saying a word. Equally rude in my opinion. Thing is,we all have members here that we have more in common with than others. Chances are,if you don't see eye to eye on the boards,you won't want to chat with that person. Sadly,this whole issue makes me feel like I'm in grade school again.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I looked at that but the second row was in a dark spot and I didn't see it. Thank you.a reply to: Iamschist

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I haven't been on the chat in over a year as well. You're right, it use to be fun. Lots of people, many different subjects, and people that actually want to chat.

Which is why I'm glad there's "A thread for that" LOL actually many. With many nice people.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Oh yeah humiliate them in front of the community then tar and feather them then run them out of town on a rail. That will learn em. a reply to: intrptr

No. that will get rid of them. I'll settle for that.

link   
a reply to: Iamschist
ehehe well if time zones allow, i will give it a shot once it's up and running, i mean i've been on this site like 5 years (mandatory lurker period included) so why not?

link   
Ok I clicked on that and got a screen that said 123chat welcome. Now what?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Now I'm curious how do you get to chat?

At the top of the page where the menu bar resides, you'll see "forums", then "myATS". After that is the logout button and then a "down arrow" button. Click on the down arrow button and a drop-down menu appears. The button for the chat room is there.

originally posted by: caterpillage
I apologies as this may be a little off topic, but as I only get on with Mobile these days, is the chat available on Mobile?

More than likely not. I tried it on mine and it wouldn't come up. Others may be able to get it working on their mobile browser.

As Kangaruex4Ewe has stated above, if you see this or any other type of behavior happening in chat that shouldn't be, report it immediately. The quickest and easiest way is to use the Complaint/Suggestion form in the drop-down menu at the top of the page.

If you can, make sure to list the usernames of those involved, and try to copy or screenshot the conversation if you can.

Staff takes infractions in chat very seriously. We want it to be a great experience for everyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Got it but I don't think anyone is home. Thanks. a reply to: gortex

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

. Sadly,this whole issue makes me feel like I'm in grade school again.

Sadly even the country is run by children. Its the new maturity.

Peoples emotional development interrupted at an early age; they were raised by television, video games and violence, violence, violence.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ah that explains it. I'm on a tablet. a reply to: _BoneZ_

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I often feel that way here, lol. I sort of flew off the handle and wrote this. Staff has responded and are looking into it, like you said hard to show silence is intentional. I do believe that we have more in common as ATS members, than not.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Funnily enough I have seen something extremely strange when trying to log onto chat over here in France.

Now Chat is asking for my pseudonym and password????

This has never happened before... normally you get straight into chat? (AND IN FRENCH TOO???)

Is this normal moderation staff????

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 31/10/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join