It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sit Down and Shut Up"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That's right future presidential candidate Chris Christie had some choice things to say when an individual holding a sign obviously irritated him to the point of a rant!

Gov. Christie tells heckler to "sit down and shut up"

CBS Link: OCTOBER 30, 2014, 7:36 AM|On the two-year anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie got into a shouting match with a protestor on the Jersey shore. The former New Jersey councilman had shown up to criticize Christie and the pace of restoration since the hurricane.

Is this really the future of presidential candidates we have to choose from?

2 years after Superstorm Sandy, recovery still slow

Many Sandy victims dissatisfied with N.J.'s recovery effort 2 years later

Sandy Victims Frustrated with Recovery Process

Obviously there is warrant for legitimate debate on this topic, many Jersian's like myself have been hearing nothing but nightmares, which greatly overshadow the few success stories. I will admit I do NOT like Christie and I am a voter, but there is something about his swagger when dealing with people that at times I see as decent leadership qualities. Not that getting frustrated, talking %@#$ while your opponent is being surrounded by police is very heroic.

I'm left wondering now if he runs for president what you all in the rest of the country will feel about this man?

or

So far after Bridgegate(He had to of known something) and this(Sandy Recovery Efforts) he does not have my vote yet!

Happy Halloween, AB
edit on 10/31/2014 by AnteBellum because: spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well,
He can take on a surprise without a teleprompter.
I'll give him that much.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
He's embarrassing. I guess that's nothing new since both George Bush and B. Obama embarrassed us in their own ways as well. He's corrupt. But again, George Bush, B. Obama, and B. Clinton were all corrupt too. I guess he'll fit in with the rest of the politicians. At least he would know what he's doing like B. Clinton knew what to do. Obama hasn't got a clue. Bottom line is that I wouldn't vote for him, but I also wouldn't vote for Hillary, Elizabeth Warren, Jeb Bush, Santoro, etc etc either. I am of the opinion that, in order to save the USA, we need to vote outside the usual box. Vote third party.

edit on 31-10-2014 by Jainine because: spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My thoughts on Christi is a vote for him is a vote for the continuance of the current status quo. A vote for cronieism, corruption, and a furthering of the corporate agenda of fascism.

Not a quality choice IMO.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I'm getting pretty disgusted with politics these days.
Republican or Democrat and they both are equally HORRIBLE!

With Palin's kids running amuck getting into fights every week and others caught in very questionable activity makes me want to look elsewhere as an alternative, but there is none!

It's like we have to choose the lesser of the evils in every case now.
How does this country expect to get going again if there is no hope even before the election begins.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Christie has a bad temper and he's insecure... A pretty lethal combination for a presidential candidate, that results in him sounding like a spoiled 2-year-old throwing a tantrum. He's got an audience that thinks being a rude jerk is something to be respected, but I don't think the majority of Americans (or even Republicans) find it to be a good quality for a president who will be dealing with many stressful situations and difficult international situations.

I don't want a hothead for a president.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
so when obuma exchanges words with one is there any difference.
just Google it and you will see all kinds of candidates firing back on hecklers.
nothing new and it's their right to fight back.

as a matter of fact i wouldn't want any elected official that wouldn't stand their ground and face down a heckler or tell them to shut up.

there is a difference between heckling and talking.
edit on 31-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I can just imagine.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The Rs will never nominte Christie anyway. It will be Jeb Bush. He's the only one that has a legitimate shot to beat Hillary in 2016. Imagine that. Another Bush vs Clinton POTUS race 20+ years later. My, how far we've come........... not.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I'm getting pretty disgusted with politics these days.
Republican or Democrat and they both are equally HORRIBLE!

With Palin's kids running amuck getting into fights every week and others caught in very questionable activity makes me want to look elsewhere as an alternative, but there is none!

It's like we have to choose the lesser of the evils in every case now.
How does this country expect to get going again if there is no hope even before the election begins.

Palin's kids? I don't see Palin as a candidate for anything. Or Hillary.
Or anyone else I can think of to tell the truth.
Maybe we could find someone who's actually from this planet and run them as a 3rd party candidate but I don't think it would matter.

I think we should break the US states into 50 different countries, let them have referendums on what kind of government they want and then let them all make their own treaties. Join up how they want.

This one size screws all government has gone past it's usefulness in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I used to like him, but not really anymore. I like his personality, though, just not a lot of his political decisions. But at least he makes no excuses for what he says and owns it all, so at least there's that.

He would not be my ideal candidate, but if it were between him and, say, Elizabeth Warren, there'd be no contest.

We need a good libertarian-leaning candidate who has a backbone to go with it.

*cough* Rand *cough* Paul *cough*

(although, sadly, no candidates are my perfect choice)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Bush vs. Clinton, gee I can't wait!

I wasn't trying to say she would run again, just that she was a governor for a very big state at one time and now behind the curtain look at what she really is.

Then again, it was pretty obvious years ago also, Palin is a dimwit!
edit on 10/31/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
The Rs will never nominte Christie anyway. It will be Jeb Bush. He's the only one that has a legitimate shot to beat Hillary in 2016. Imagine that. Another Bush vs Clinton POTUS race 20+ years later. My, how far we've come........... not.

I like how even your vernacular there was so 20 years ago. My gf added "not" to the end of a text and I had to tell her to get out of the wayback machine.
As for your prediction, it isn't going to happen. Too many negatives for both. Keep an eye out on the next Bilderberger meeting. Someone is going to "get tapped" ala Carter style, party affiliation doesn't matter, the media can sway the unwashed masses where they need to so as to not raise too many eyebrows.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Christie has an attitude that he can't contain.

He is no different then your resident progressive liberal that hates any and everyone that disagrees with them.

If you believe Christie knew nothing about "bridge gate" then I've got one to sell you. IMO

edit on 31-10-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think Christie makes Romney look exciting. I can't wait to not vote for him or any other R or D candidate in 2016. Jeb Bush? Hilary Clinton? Just, no, please.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

"Sit down, and shut up, so that I can continue to tell you how to think, dissemble my way out of any situation I find confusing, and generally BS my way through my life, like a proper politician!"

Yeah, because that attitude is entirely in keeping with the intentions of those who founded the United States of America! Oh wait...

What a total tool bag! I find it difficult to accept that sort of behavior from this Governor, in the face of comment from a person affected by a serious situation, a situation that the Governor himself would not wish to be in the midst of. His lack of compassion and understanding in saying what he did to this man is staggering, especially since he spoke to this protestor rudely, rather than offering to sit down with him, and others who are protesting these matters in a civil manner, to talk about the issues, and formulate a better plan than the one being enacted at the moment, which clearly is not working.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I like how even your vernacular there was so 20 years ago. My gf added "not" to the end of a text and I had to tell her to get out of the wayback machine.

As for your prediction, it isn't going to happen. Too many negatives for both. Keep an eye out on the next Bilderberger meeting. Someone is going to "get tapped" ala Carter style, party affiliation doesn't matter, the media can sway the unwashed masses where they need to so as to not raise too many eyebrows.

Talkin' about using old vernacular - "not raise too many eyebrows". When's that from, the '20s or '30s? Out of the "wayback machine", you first. I got news for ya, Skippy. Hillary's the Bilderberger queen and has already been "tapped" for 2016. They'll just throw in Jeb to make it look legit. The media has been swaying the "unwashed" masses towards Hillary for the past 10 years. But back in '08, when Obama looked like a competent campaigner, TPTB decided a first black president would trump the first woman president in people's minds. This didn't sit well with Hillary (and Bill) at the time, that's why there has been that feeling of a rift between them, and that's why Bil didn't initially endorse Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think your previous thread said it best!

a reply to: TrueBrit

What upsets me even more is when Sandy happened he was right out there in the midst of it, standing on the front line with all the other rescue workers. Then the media went away and so did he.

Once Bridgegate hit it marked the potential end for him, but due to some shady back door deals, their is no way to ever get the truth out. As someone stated earlier, you have to be blind to think he didn't know. His #1 told him what she was about to do(retaliate), what she didn't tell Christie is when, where or how - it was all implied. The thought of this man becoming the next president disturbs me not that he can't do the job or get things done, just that if this is the pinnacle of American politicians to elect, what exactly is that saying about our country as a whole!
edit on 10/31/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

That is the problem with politics in the whole western developed world at the moment if you ask me. Politicians are elected because the people are duped into thinking that their representatives and candidates for office are supposed to be smart, capable, wise, and wholesome, not to mention humble enough to take on board the criticisms and suggestions of the people they represent, and act according to the needs of the people.

What seems to be happening in reality however, is that the most low down, shady, tyrannical, power hungry, palm greasing bastard in the population, who can appear honest and noble with practice, is the one who gets put forward for candidacy, despite there being homeless bums with arrests for violent assault, and lewd acts with a poultry product in their history, who would be better suited, morally speaking, to the role.

Now, many people are fond of saying "Well, you only have yourselves to blame, you voted for him!" or "Well, you did not vote for the other guy, he was better!" but these asinine comments are not helpful or realistic, because if you spend enough generations telling a population that there IS a point in picking between the best polished of two turds, then eventually people are going to start choosing, which will be frustrating as hell for those who see through the cloud of BS for what it is of course, but the fact remains!

As long as candidates are put forward, rather than selected by majority vote, not just of the party concerned, but the entire voting region as a whole, AND money is removed entirely from the decision to run, then this sticking point will keep coming up, in the states at least. Here in the UK we have similar, yet different problems. For example, the current Prime Minister did not even get into the Conservative Party in the normal way, he was DRAFTED in, requested to join right out of university, by sources which remain shadowy, despite significant interest in his rise to power. Seriously shady crap if you ask me, and calls into question his selection for other things in life perhaps?

The fact that this Governor got out of dodge where the aftermath clean up is concerned, the moment the cameras went away, does not shock me one iota. It is not within the standard psychological construction of a political mover and shaker, to get their hands dirty, to do any actual, real work on behalf of those they allegedly represent. They think that their lives should be constant cocktail parties, fundraisers, and press conferences and other things that they call a days work, and I call being a preening halfwit with delusions of self importance.

Their hands are too soft, too well looked after, to handle a real days work anyway. They are a uniformly lazy bunch, politicians.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I like how you think on this, True.

Imagine him doing the reverse and saying something like, "You know, I hear you. It has been very challenging, most of all for the people caught waiting for help. I want the citizens of NJ to know that I'm here, and we are getting this done. No more waiting. I have initiated a task force to work through the complaints immediately and get this process back on track. Frankly, I'm disgusted with how this has all gone down, and as your Governor, I can tell you and all the citizens affected by Sandy that what has happened is unacceptable and will be rectified in the immediate future..."
*immediately backed up by action, a tv appearance, information out to the masses, criticism taken and answered with honesty and doing the right thing even if its a bit late*

He would smell like roses, and not like someone's basement that is still rotting after Sandy aid never got to them...

So, no, I would not vote for this man. I do not trust him at all.

peace,
AB

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join