It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why It's OK To Worry About Ebola, And What's Truly Scary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I agree, I am so far and told by very good friends that I know how to keep things on a level, I don't panic easily, I live my life to the fullest, travel, enjoy the company of strangers and have an easy and calming effect on strangers and friends, that drawn them to me

But ATS is a different thing, here I am free to express worries, concerns and be a bit out of my way.

Is difficult to take ebola like the government and CDC wants us to take it, and go ride a bicycle and enjoy the company of those coming from ebola stricken countries like nothing is happening.

Is not going to happen.

Ebola is an infectious disease, that we know, so far it kills more than those than survive.

Is not cure, only testing vaccines and treatments that obviously is not saving as many lives as we hope for.

I hate deception, I will walk on anybody in their faces that I feel and know are deceptive and will tell them that they are full of crap, that is how I am, ask any of my friends, that is the only thing they get amused or don't like about me.

I know we have been played by the government and CDC when it comes to ebola, we have been played by the media and now the media circus on Nurse Hickox, like I say I hate deception.

With that say I agree with you, we should be worry, but life goes as usual, I will no stop doing all the things I do now to be happy and content just because ebola.

If the government is worry about people no going to ebola stricken countries to work because the scaremongering that states will impose on those that are coming back with strict quarantines, well too bad soo sad, because the statistics on the survival of those health care workers in ebola countries is getting worst, lately the rates of them contracting the disease and dying is growing, more and more workers are getting infected even with all the safety guidelines they take, that is a big concern, how come CDC or the government is not addressing that.

And then we are to play the ebola dangers down here in the US because the CDC and the government wants more martyrs?

The hell with that.

Everything is done for a reason, ebola has been around for a long time, never been a danger to anybody else but the poor countries from were randomly used to sprout

Now ebola seems to be all over.

Guess what I will live my life as usual but you will not catch me going to Africa any time soon, that is call prevention, but darn is too much to ask for our government to make sure that ebola doesn't come near me and my love ones? at least no "INTENTIONALLY"?

Enough with the rant.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
I know you're level-headed but we all do need to vent and posit things, so same here. Emotions usually very in check. But I do get pretty angry when being manipulated and lied to. And very frustrated when I don't know something but more frustrated with people with huge egos who think they know everything.

Keep ranting. I love your rants.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Just had a couple round and the little boy came in, took a handful of treats and started coughing his guts up. His mum said "Come on now you're leaving the disease in the house". Straight away I thought - Ebola! Zombies! Bleeding from the eyes!

Good pic.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: ketsuko

First in line! Not.

What conderns me is them saying they will have millions of doses by the end of 2015. Ummm....

That's something else. My husband works in animal pharma, but his company makaes vaccines. So he is very familiar with the testing, and the process is the same for animal and human in terms of how they are made and how they work. The testing regimes are different.

When the swine flu came through a few years ago, my husband wouldn't go anywhere near that vaccine. In his estimation, even though the process of making a flu vaccine is very well known, there was simply not enough time to isolate the strain and test it in a vaccine in a thorough enough manner. It was rushed; there was no way around it. They were basically relying on the overall sameness of the process to prevent many bad side effects.

So even though I was in one of the high risk categories being pregnant, he said not to do it. The odds of something bad happening because of the flu did not outweigh the risks of an improperly tested vaccine in his opinion. So we didn't get it and neither of us got the flu, either.

I imagine with this one. I'll rely on his judgment again. How serious is the risk of Ebola versus the risk of the rushed vaccine? If people are falling over bleeding out every orifice randomly ... the risk might be worth the reward, but if it remains something you should be able to avoid through an overabundance of personal caution, maybe not.
edit on 31-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Agreed. And they're already arranging liability waivers too. Not a warm fuzzy. Why did visions of zombies just pop into my head?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I agree, but the thing is to stay away from the misinformation that will be put out there to make sure that people will agree with vaccinations coming this Jan 2015, when the vaccine will be available.

It cost millions or more to make vaccines, US has spend his fair share of it with tax dollars, they will need to recuperated their investments and still have enough for the profits of big pharma companies that are working on vaccines.

Only scaremongering and miss information will bring enough people into voluntarily vaccinations.

H1N1 was not so lucky and big pharma lost millions on the vaccine that nobody wanted in a pandemic that never happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It may be telegraphing and not fearmongering if this does escalate to such proand people really need the vaccines. In other words, they might know something we don't. If they're producing millions of doses and relying on fearmongering alone, they're not going to make many sales...at least not here.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Not been swayed by it yet.

He'll have a pretty good idea of which way we should go, and honestly, one of my more macabre hobbies is the study of plagues and their historic impact on society. It's an interesting topic. That's one of the reasons that I'm pretty sure this thing hasn't gone truly airborne. It just doesn't compare in terms of the rate of spread to the Spanish Flu which was airborne, and that was working against a much less developed and efficient transportation infrastructure, and it still beat this thing around the world.

Between the two of us here, I think we'll have a decent idea of what to watch for and what to screen out when we weigh our options.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join