It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: South American Community of Nations Created

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Today in the Peruvian city of Cuzco the nations of South America have signed a historical agreement uniting the continent. To be modeled after the EU, this community of nations has set in their sight several dramatic changes in the political and economic landscape of South America. In the short term they wish to eliminate tariffs between members. Eventually, however, they would like to see a single parliament, currency and SAC passport.

interestalert .com
The new South American Community of Nations, agreed to in Cuzco, is being heralded by some leaders as the beginning of true continental integration as once envisioned by South American patriot Simon Bolivar.

"We are here to give flesh, bone, soul, heart and life to the dream of Bolivar," said Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo this week at the summit.

The agreement unites nations from trading blocs Mercosur (Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay) and the Andean Trade Community (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela) as well as Chile, Guyana and Suriname.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A unified continent was a dream of the South American patriot and hero Simon Bolivar. They believe this is the first steps to that realization. Simon Bolivar is sometimes called the George Washington of South America.

On a global scale this will help level the playing field for South American business. The vast natural resources and production capability in South America could be greater utilized to make the region a world power.

Like the EU, not all member states have embraced this idea, and likely won't in any large scale for years to come.

Related News Links:
www.periodico26.cu
www.signonsandiego.com

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well, here we go I guess. The next logical step in the process of human political evolution. Now rather than independent countries within a continent, entire continents are unifying.

Now, I guess we'll have to fight and kill each other continent to continent for a while until the next logical step of global unification materializes.

I'm moving to Buenos Aires. I'm sick of the snow now...

new topics

join