It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In my next life I want to be born in the UK.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
So I have thought about this for some time now.

I hope in my next life I am born in the UK. I really admire the people of the UK and its culture. Now, dont get me wrong, I am very proud of my heritage. I am also very happy with my nationality. It is really awesome to be an American and its great to be a New Yorker. There is plenty to be happy with as a descendant of Spaniards. Its not that I am self loathing or even that I take issue with my idiosyncrasy in a meaningful way.

I just really like the people and culture of the UK. I think many will say I am being a kiss ass for this. I really cant find a way to care about that. Its not like I am going to be invited by the queen to dinner for complimenting her country. LOL I just wanted to say this. I dont really gain anything from the act of homage. I just want the love I feel to be felt by those I feel it for. The mentality, the logic, and the heart are really admirable. If I am given the choice next life I would really like to be born into the UK.

Its not like the UK doesnt have its flaws. I have seen the Jeremy Kyle show. LOL There are some gems that come up to that stage like we get them on our Jerry Springer type shows. I see the little blemishes in the people here and there. We have brutes that drink, fight and live for sports and such too. I dont think there are any countries or peoples that are an exception to that. I also dont think they represent the ethos of a people or its heart.

In the end I find an affinity with the people of the UK and I understand that it may all just be perceived on my end with no real justification to it. That doesnt matter to me though because its no less real to me. I feel something there. After meeting allot of people from there, talking to them and getting inside their minds.... I find it a nice place to be.

Its a good culture. Its a good people. I would like to try it out I guess. I respect it.

I just want to repeat this since I know the response I might get to this all. I am not disappointed with being an American. I REALLY enjoy my people and culture as well. I am not disowning my ancestry either. I celebrate it like no ones business. That has nothing to do with what I am saying here.

Maybe this is more for me but I just wanted to say cheers to the UK. I think you do allot that you should be proud of. That you have much that we should all learn from. That you are a worthy people.

SO cheers, my respect and admiration I send across the pond. I hope to join you in my next life if I havent done so already in a past one. From one yank to my cousins on that island across the pond; I salute you.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 10 31 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
All right, do you want to take the test now?
The alternative British citizenship test

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Their accents alone are to die for!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Boy do i feel ya bro. ive always felt the same way,that id be better suited across the pond lol. its seems like their grass is greener and their culture logic based and courteous.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Q1-b I never talk about the weather.

Q2-d I hate those Americans and their guided missiles.

Q3-d Summon a shaman to drive out the evil spirits.

Q4-d A prospective martyr.

Q5-a Football

Q6-a or c I dont really know what I am doing but those sound nice.

Q7-all of the above.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The grass is always greener......
I live and was born in the UK, I live in a nice area(Windsor) but over the last 20 years the country has gone downwards in a big way, our country wants to be everything and consequently is nothing- no identity.

20 years ago even poor shop workers could buy a house or flat but now they can't afford to, so many people struggle, so many depressed and sad people in sooooo much debt.
I lucky - I own my own house and have a good job but I feel for those less fortunate.
So much immigration(I am married to an immigrant from Eastern Europe before people blast me). Immigration and diversity is great but not in such huge numbers that the country is overwhelmed.
Our government takes all it can and gives in corporate welfare to big companies etc.
Life here is hard unless you have a good job.

I used to want to live in America 20 years ago, now I don't know where I want to live but it's not in England

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've given your score on the other thread.
You may have optimistic illusions about the meaning of "bowling a maiden over in the gully".

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yeah it sounded pleasant enough to try.

LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

Yeah the grass may seem greener, but I think everything you said could apply to most places. Especially that bit about the average person getting his castle 20 years ago as compared to now where it is a privilege. What I think is a real shame is that everywhere you look we are all losing our identity. Its almost seen as a sin to love where you come from and to defend what that is.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I quite like being British.

Americans say they speak English, but actually they speak american, there are plenty of differences

We are far from a perfect group of country's, but there are most certainly worse places to live!!! Fully free health care, and to a surprisingly high standard - all you have to pay is your time, it can take a while to get seen depending on the severity of your medical needs, a small price in the big picture.

No guns to worry about, few knifes, crime committed purposely is relatively low, far more likly to get into an accidental nightclub brawl than mugged for example.

Things are a bit expensive, taxes are fairly high on certain products and services, such as fuel, alcohol, tobacco and especially houses.

We have a vast range of places to live, green open spaces, forests, beaches, citys, towns. Our roads actually bends in them, we use roundabouts where possible to avoid traffic lights and stop signs. Plenty of little things that America seem to have taken the more simple long way of doing things.

Lots of history over a long time. We dont have any dangerous animals or insects, spiders or common dangerous disease.

These are the things that spring to mind when i visit other country's, there are obviously many more good things and bad things.

People are generally pleasant and helpful and polite, sure we also have some 'bad eggs', but thats a problem worldwide, we just have a lower percentage than most i think.

Id welcome you to live here, just one thing to keep in mind, treat people how you would like to be treated and you will likly never have a problem in your life.

Biigs

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm not trading their football for my football.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I'm not trading their football for my handegg.

I know, but i had to.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i understand its not a fairy tale land every where is goin through some kind of hardship and poverty it seems lol if im being completely honest i just wanna live there so i can goto the doctor who experience as many times as i can haha and the place has vast rich history. america does too but the uk's goes back alot further

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think the flaw in your plan is that the UK is heading the same way as the States.

By the time your dead and grown up again I doubt there will be any difference.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here ya Go.

Wipes away tears.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
By the time you are actually reborn, the UK may not be the same as it is now....it could be worse or it could be better. Who knows, but all things change in time. You know you always move there and give it a go......or you could retire there and have the best of both worlds in this life.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My most recent PAST life I was born in the UK. I died as a child in a Nazi air raid in London. I had recurring dreams about it since childhood. I can still see my death and the surroundings very clearly.

In my next life I want to be born ... no where organically bound. I'm looking forward to being free of this body and I hope I don't have to come back. Although, I probably will be stuck coming back. That seems to be the way it works.

If I'm stuck coming back I want to live in Texas and be a rancher or live in Alaska off the grid. I'm doing the megalopolis thing this time around. Next time I want the great outdoors (in a good way .. not homeless or anything like that).

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: SoEpic

What I think is a real shame is that everywhere you look we are all losing our identity. Its almost seen as a sin to love where you come from and to defend what that is.

It is part of an effort on the part of many in power to institute a one world government.
Tear down national identity and pride in who you are so that you think of yourself as a member of the world.
In the process, national identity and the beautiful cultures and rituals that go with them are being stamped out as racist in expression, which is a real shame.

I have lived all over the world and it used to be that people were proud of their traditional dress, and proud of their traditional dance, and proud of their traditional culture. You are correct that in developed countries that pride is being stamped out in the name of political correctness and "sensitivity toward others", and sometimes called racist. So sad because so much of it is rich with beauty and I think, there is nothing wrong with pride in the beauty of ones traditional culture.

I for one, loved the UK. Visited there several times in the 80's and 2000's. If it were not so awfully expensive, I'd spend even more time there. But is it so prohibitively expensive that all could afford were brief and lovely visits.
We would take Ryan Air from Germany where we lived and do day trips or one overnight to see shows or visit sights.
The people were lovely too!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I love our history, I love our traditions, I love our down to earth way of life , the countryside is beyond beautiful, but in the last 10 years I have lost connection to this country, something has changed, the people have changed, and so fast, doesn't really feel like home to me anymore.

If I ever am reborn I really hope it's in a northern country, I do feel connected to the north, somewhere like Norway,Canada,Alaska or even the northern part of america would be nice, anywhere with as little sun as possible and lovely cold winters, big tall trees, hills and lakes, rivers and maybe even mountains, just hope the modern life hasn't caught up too much with where I end up, now that would be grand!

edit on vamFriday28am1031 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Britain will be a muslim country in a few short decades, be careful what you wish for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join