It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia sees the outbreak of global war as almost inevitable, is prepared for it,...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

USSR was a strong flowing river of advanced research in various sciences. But that cannot be said about Russia. Obama is right when he says that "Russia does not produce anything". Even computer chips etc. are bought from overseas.

One of the reasons was the focus in SU was on collective good technologies like space ships or submarines rather than individual products like shaving blades or personal computers etc.

Russians are more busy looting from their country than reinvesting in the R&D and cultivating new industries. That is why Russian governments main source of revenues is from energy products.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

They might not develop it but they have it. Russia and China both hack American companies and government organizations on a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It seems to me that one can divide humanity into two camps. Those who believe in and rely on the methods of fang and claw to solve problems by domination and those who reject those methods and seek other resolutions and solutions.

Until now the activities of the former group could be tolerated because they lacked the power to annihilate all of humanity. They could and did annihilate millions, occasionally, in the search for solutions.

Unfortunately, humanity is in a position where increases in killing technology have made that approach to solutions intolerable. It is no longer possible to proceed rationally in a strategy of domination in international relations.

The rational end of such a strategy is the destruction of our civilization, therefore the strategy itself is permanently excluded from rational discussion of solutions to problems of international relations.

Somebody needs to parse this out with those at the elite political level on the planet who still believe in military brinkmanship. We have finally reached a brink that we dare not step over. Posturing and pretending that this is not so is no longer acceptable.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Good point, prior to the end of the cold war the Soviet Union was in development of there own version of stealth and it is likely this development was continued or later restarted, basically it used an ionising mechanism that looked just like the old fashioned aeriels that the jet's used to have at there tip but there may have been several of them, the effect was not as good as radar absorbant material's but still reduced radar signature by enveloping the aircraft in an ionised cloud or atmospheric gas.

The advantage was obvious over western stealth technology in that it could be retrofitted to existing air frames and therefore was arguably more dynamic and easier to use as well as considerably cheaper while western stealth requires whole new air frames and materials.

Another device that may or may not have been linked to the Chernobyl disaster as it drew it's power from that station was a Radar array based anti air weapon, this used a broad spectrum of radar to analyze incoming objects material absorbtion and the absorbtion spectrum was then compiled in primitive computers, the inverse complex cunjugate of this absorbed spectrum of radio wavelength's was then projected from a very powerful directional radar emitter with it's amplitude raised so high it required the output of a nuclear reactor to power it.

As this radio emission hit the test plane or missile it litterally caused the atoms to oscillate and break there atomic bond's literally disintegrating the target in flight and apparently the effects were almost identical to the famous UFO incident (I think it was the Mantell incident) were an american pilot was ordered to intercept an unknown craft but though his body was never found the material that survived from his plane was then brittle and porous as though it had been exposed to a powerful material altering beam of some sort.

So yes they were then and possible still do have developed/developing advanced military projects that may have been a match for anything in the west and perhaps even superceded many western ideas.

A good example of Russian latteral scientific thinking is a cure for some forms of blindeness they developed using Bee sting's that actually worked.

The truth is we actually care about the russians and see them as us, as simply other people like us but in a different situation to us (barred by language and another culture) but currently they think we are the bad guy again and we who mostly hate our own PTB who have royaly screwed us all over and who may very well be the real bad guy's know that if TSHTF then it is us and our children that will suffer so what choice to we have but to return animosity with animosity, this is where our familys and friend's are and of course they are our concern so if fighting is required to protect them that is what we shall do but not out of loyalty to some pip squeak corrupt politician or faulty international policy's.

edit on 1-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Great summary of the current reality of geopolitics. Sadly many Americans want the world to end. They can't wait for judgment day. The bible is a dangerous book.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Sadly many Americans want the world to end. They can't wait for judgment day

I don't know what Americans you are talking to, but all of the ones I know don't feel that way.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
A guide to any WWIII can be taken from the first two wars.

WWI was started by generalized economic and political strife.
WWII by a fanatic NAZI movement.

Now the mischief makers have the ISIS lunatics (and neocons) trying to do the WWII angle. And the generalized political and economic mischief of the West (ala Ukraine, Libya, Syria--the globalist angle) to rub that side of the equation raw (the WWI side) which is general economic and political strife.

So these dynamics may come to a head and through that begin a WWIII.

America has in its power, as many posters here suggest, the ability to make peace or war

But it seems they have chosen to make mischief. Yet they pretend to be a peacemaker.

They have the neocons and Zionist and globalist working their separate and in some cases (Zionist and neocons) mutual
sides.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Because there is only black and white, or what? The world isn't that simple, there are no two camps, and allegedly some wise guy once said, "if two people agree one is redundant", or similar... That's how good that two camps part is working.

'Must kill all humans' is more applyable in this case.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
A guide to any WWIII can be taken from the first two wars.

WWI was started by generalized economic and political strife.
WWII by a fanatic NAZI movement.

The moment you stated "fanatic NAZI movement", your credibility went out the window ... as that statement, is just a statement out of the mouth of an ignoramus. Who blindly believes in propaganda as truth, and neither has the integrity or intellect, to challenge the "politically correct" truth out there, for any reason.

The second "idiotic" statement, is when you talk about ISIS ... as some major evil in the world, but somehow forget to mention Saudi Arabia, Quatar or the Arab Emirates, who have people on 24/7 work, with a broadsword to hack people's heads off. That somehow escaped your critisism and logic, or the fact that all these "friendly" nations are indeed ISLAMIC WAHABIST states.

So, what you THINK you can deduce, is just worthless religious crap.

---

That said, I'd like to add here ... that I think the US intelligence analysis of Putin is correct. Currently, he's just a "Saddam Hussein", going around bolstering a lot of air, without any background. As long as he does that, he'll lose whatever war ... however small or large, it will ever be. He's "thoughts" about BRICS, is wrong ... his ideology about "not wanting to be an empire" is also a complete failure. No nation has ever survived, locking themselves in and expecting others to leave them be ... the China wall, is a reminder of this very fact, handed to us down the centuries of human evolution.

Putin, apparently, doesn't even understand this single fact ... and although the US will fall, as a result of it's aggression towards Russia ... but, so will Russia as well ... no matter what decision Russia makes. It can NEVER stay out of the fight.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

I agree with you about the obvious evil of Islamic nations such as those you have referenced but I do believe ISIS is a genuine evil threat to the world and a rebirth of an even more dangerous terrorist spawning state than that which Afghanistan was supposed to have been so I do believe ISIS/ISIL needs to be eradicated.

The NAZI's were an ideological fanatical group and they were plainly EVIL, they rose to power by making scapegoat's out of innocent minority's, Of course in the western Ukraine where there are statues to an absolute piece of filth who operated with the Nazi's called Bandera and who murdered Jew's, Gypsies, Poles and people of other political persuasion's (not just communist's), well he is hero worshipped today as a freedom figher (which he was not as he was merely an opponent of the communists but was willing to sell his soul to the devil to fight another devil) by a strong neo Nazi group's that are indeed numerous and in power there today, You do know Hitler was going to dispose of them once his Russian problem was resolved don't you or at the very least they could look forward to becoming relegated to an existence as a slave servant race for manual labour and I am talking about Bandera's side in that.

You call history Propaganda where the NAZIs were concerned and that makes me concerned you may be a holocaust denier, if I am wrong about my interpretation or you have just worded that in a way that has confused me then please correct me as I lost Distant family in that tragedy and it was most certainly real, I feel like murdering holocaust deniers as I take it personally and there lies as deadly insults, maybe you should talk to the surviving VICTIMS of there atrocity's, the SS never even obeyed the Geneva convention when fighting western soldiers and for some time members of the Commandos hunted down these scum in Germany but they never got enough of them as they had murdered soldiers captured in full uniform and had since the start of the war.

(it is worth mentioning that the Soviets (not I do not say Russians as they were more than one race) murderd the polish officers and free polish army when they went home, once they had them over the border they took them away and shot them dumping there bodys in trenches, the NAZI observers had initially copyed this Soviet method as there observors had seen how the Soviets dealt with dissidents and other undersirables in this way in the 1930's).

I may be at odd's with Russia at the Moment but I have no Pity what ever for western Ukraine and think in truth the EU and US should never have gotten involved and should have left this to the Russians to sort out, we have no business being there at all as it is essentially to Russia what Wales is the UK and that is a simple fact of life.

If a war does Kick off you can blame the EU eurocrats and the US beurocrats who are obeying private vested monatory interests, we will win any actually conflict outright but that does not make us right on this matter, even if putin is a despotic little man who has had his main opponents assassinated and locked up as well as lamenting openly the fall of the soviet union that is a matter for the Russians to sort out themselves, I personally am very angry with him for restarting Cold war patrols and cold war style cat and mouse submarine games with the west and indeed with neutral country's such as finland and Sweden (though Sweden is now part of the EU) as well as us but given how the wests military bases (and do not blame the US it is who is bankrolling these operations not a nation state but individuals with nefarious policys, swiss bankaccounts and international mega coporations but the Yanks are innocent though they may be the foot soldiers) surrounding Russia even after the Cold was was well and truly over and the western greed motivated grabbing of formerly Soviet mineral and oil resources as well as military bases in formerly soviet country's which has made the Russkies feel persecuted and paranoid.

Put there shoes on a moment, you think you are at peace with a now friendly former ideological enemy and your own ideology has changed to be actually more or less the same as there's was but then you find instead of scaling back there forces around your borders they are actually increasing them like the prelude to an invasion, so do you sit there and say "ah what the heck I don't care" or do you rebuild your army and let them know you mean business even when there may be a vested and hidden interest behind there action, they may only be puppets in a hidden power game and those interests are actually wanting a war to consolidate there own power's but will then blame you.

Then you find out they are trying to move there borders forward to be even closer to you by incorporating a former territory of your own nation, how do you react when you perceive a clear and present danger and threat to your own sovereignty and national security.

edit on 1-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

You ignorance is manifest by your reading too much into what I wrote.
You have too much going on in an empty head…

Neither I nor anyone is expected to enumerate ALL the evildoers on the earth when I offered only an illustration of sentiments not a long litany of every type in the world.

Empty analysis
“Putin is Saddam Hussein”

“Has no background”

I imagine years in the KGB and almost a decade as president of Russia means nothing versus 2 years as a senator and absentee state legislator Obama

Who is ignorant?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

America had the potential to bring peace to the world.. Now it's just another country who is failing bad and making themselves look like NAZI's more than liberators.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A lot of very interesting perspective here.

I got to thinking right now about Germany's solar revolution. They claim it's working even though I've heard on paper it's not cost effective. Still, things like that are what we should be pursuing imo. Figure out a way to make it work better. We need to pull back from fossil fuels. I hate to admit it but our civilization is strung out like a crack head stealing car stereos. Maybe we can figure out self sustaining methods to combat the ones that want our lives. Grow a garden??? LOL

Idk... just spit balling. Some fascinating posts in here though
edit on 1-11-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Dident Obama also serve as a CIA agent from 79 to the mid 80s?

As a CIA agent Obama studied at a university in Moscow prior to the Russian/Afghan war.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

As a CIA agent Obama studied at a university in Moscow prior to the Russian/Afghan war.

That's new to me. Source?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

originally posted by: spy66

That's new to me. Source?

www.spingola.com...

According to Dr. Manning, Obama (born in 1961) enrolled at the very pricey Occidental College in Los Angeles, California in 1979 where the CIA recruited him in 1980. Since its inception, the CIA regularly recruits college students. He was, by his own admission, a “C” student, a dope smoker and a member of the Marxist Club at Occidental, a co-educational liberal arts college. In 1981, Obama allegedly transferred from Occidental to Columbia University to major in Political Science with a specialization in international relations. It is atypical for a student to begin their education in one four-year school and then transfer to another school. Columbia University requires that incoming students pass certain academic requirements which Obama obviously lacked. However, Columbia had a foreign student program and the CIA has major connections and influence with Columbia and some of the nation’s other educational facilities. Interestingly, Zbigniew Brzezinski, known to have ties to the CIA as early as 1959, was on the Columbia University faculty (1960-1989) and was in charge of the Institute on Communist Affairs. He was also Obama's mentor. Brzezinski was President Carter's National Security Advisor (1977-1981) and recently admitted that his objective was to entice the Soviet Union to invade Afghanistan in December 1979.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Nice.... tbh nothing would surprise me these days. On the other hand, the CIA usually runs exceedingly thorough back ground checks on applicants. The dope smoking thing is not something they usually look for. And then there was MKUltra

A lot of things have been thrown out there about this president. I normally dismiss it all as crazy, right wing, conspiracy nut drivel, but the sheer number of things I've heard have me wondering if there is something to it all. It may a massive disinformation campaign. It could also mean that they haven't quite shut down our civil liberties yet. That would explain why this president has passed so much questionable legislation too.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: spy66

Nice.... tbh nothing would surprise me these days. On the other hand, the CIA usually runs exceedingly thorough back ground checks on applicants. The dope smoking thing is not something they usually look for. And then there was MKUltra

A lot of things have been thrown out there about this president. I normally dismiss it all as crazy, right wing, conspiracy nut drivel, but the sheer number of things I've heard have me wondering if there is something to it all. It may a massive disinformation campaign. It could also mean that they haven't quite shut down our civil liberties yet. That would explain why this president has passed so much questionable legislation too.

It was not just Obama who worked for the CIA. Obamas Whole family worked for the CIA. There is written a lot about Obamas mother, and his father.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: SLAYER69

You're confusing *or simply can't stand someone being critical of Putin* confusing

There is an Reason why the Hate is on Putin its because Putin spoke the Truth and what he says about Ukraine right on point.

As for Crimea well least be hoesnt thats none of your concern Americans. After all hows that Liberated Libya doing?
Anywhere NATO goes all is left is dead and destruction
Something the Russians caught on early on 2005
I don't worry about Putin he seems sober and on point
I worry about president Ebola and his moral midgets in Europe
They seem to think, the won all the failed wars they have incurred so far

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kanaima

Anywhere NATO goes all is left is dead and destruction

It's no picnic when Russia comes to town either, just ask their neighbors.

They seem to think, the won all the failed wars they have incurred so far

Well, if they didn't win WWII they would be speaking German as their first language, and by the looks of it they aren't...that's a win in my book.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join