It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia sees the outbreak of global war as almost inevitable, is prepared for it,...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

But, it was Russia's sovereignty that recently just got a little bit bigger by annexing a portion of a neighboring state's sovereign territory.

You make it sound like Russia just decided to snatch Crimea and rolled in one fine day unannounced and took over.

It wasn't like that at all, Crimea requested Russia annex them for protection from the roving groups of EU/US sponsored right-wing thugs that ordered their native tongue, Russian, be banned from speech and books and other materials in the Russian language be destroyed (book burning part 2)...

Russia was asked initially to use their troops legally stationed in the region to protect the mostly ethnic Russian Crimeans, and when the anti-Russian rhetoric ramped up to sufficiently alarming levels, requested by overwhelming majority vote ( 20 or 30 odd UN observers reported a fair vote btw, despite what a certain prolific anti-Russia member here regularly posts) to join the Russian Federation.

Which Russia then agreed to.

Hardly an invasion or forced theft of sovereign territory as you imply.

@michaelbrux

I take your point.

Sometimes it's hard to fathom minds that would eagerly do the things they do..i suppose it just boils down to positions of power and influence are prime targets for psychopathic minds to engage in their particular brand of crazy from.
edit on 31-10-2014 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A large part of Ukraine identifies as Russian and always has. When the USSR fell they lost that part of Ukraine. Which they still have a naval base at. Russia takes part of Ukraine back as well as it can. That's about as much as I know about Ukraine. I'm not even mad. Where's the issue?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I appreciate the narrative.

I suppose it all boils down to what type of power structure one wants to support?

Western Banksters or Russian Oligarchs

They both leave a nasty taste in your mouth if one chooses to partake in the Kool Aid either are offering.

PEACE

edit on 31-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Excuse me

But, it was Russia's sovereignty that recently just got a little bit bigger by annexing a portion of a neighboring state's sovereign territory.

Excuse me.

But yo have to look at this a bit differently and that.

This is how a 4 yearold would view it. And i know you are much orlder than that.

There is a reason to why Russia did it, and had to do it. It was not because Russia wanted more land.

I am not saying i support what Russia did. I am more interested in why they took that peice of land.

Why do you think Russia took that piece of land from the Ukraine?

Still waiting to see you speak out against his 'War Rhetoric"

You are....? I want the US to stop its political covert ops in Ukraine and against Russia. Maybe we will have less war rhetoric from the two giants.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I think he's out of here.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

I think he's out of here.

Naa, he is just thinking of what to respond With.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

No, actually I've got work to do around here.

Chat later guys.

Great topic/discussion

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

No, actually I've got work to do around here.

Chat later guys.

Great topic/discussion

See you later.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well let's talk about trip wires. Does everyone know what that is? Trip wires are a token number of troops stationed somewhere. Usually about 3-6k iirc. What they do is act like a trip to an invader. It's basically saying, "we know we can't hold the line with this amount of troops but we can guarantee this will be full blown war if you do invade." The US has had a trip wire force since the 50's in South Korea.

I don't recall the date when this happened but it must have been two months ago when the US sent a trip wire force. It was a dan carlin pod cast where I heard it from. Dan Carlin, Common Sense "In Search Of Context"

Mon, 08 Sep 2014 – 1:02:14 minutes – 48mb As usual, no rainbows or unicorns in this episode. Instead it’s a very harsh search for context that motivates Dan to discuss issues he’s already discussed recently. But what’s more important than ISIS and Ukraine?

Hmmm.... I think it was that episode. Don't have time to verify atm

So who is really speaking war rhetoric?
edit on 31-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

They are called a few Things i Guess trip wire is one of them.

The prinsipal is also used in a differnt way. Like in Georgia a few years ago where Russia attacked. Since Russia was first in the US/NATO could not act, but had to stand on the side line.

In Ukraine it is exactly the same. Russia can not invade the Ukraine without also threatening NATO. Because NATO had People stationed in Kiev prior to the conflict. Where we from Norway also have NATO military Advisors to the Ukrainian army.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sorry, if eventually this is not on topic, but to let you guys know about this breaking news:

It is the second time this week.

Portuguese Air Force intercepted two more Russian Airplanes off Peniche coast.
It was a bomber and tanker airplane.
Video Source

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Yeah I was just looking at that other thread. They say drills have ramped up. That's to be expected on the heels of a sanction. If North Korea was smart they would start saber rattling too. People get hungry in the cold winter. Then again, something weird has been going on over there too.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Here is a link to what was really said. At first this guy gives his 'take' on it,then further down the page you get the full speech from Putin's mouth.

cluborlov.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
Sorry, if eventually this is not on topic, but to let you guys know about this breaking news:

It is the second time this week.

Portuguese Air Force intercepted two more Russian Airplanes off Peniche coast.
It was a bomber and tanker airplane.
Video Source

Two days ago we had 8 Russian airplanes of the coast of Norway at 04:00. 4 Bombers and 4 tankers.

Sweden had 12 encounters With Russian Aircrafts the same day.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Russia doesn't want war but they will invade your country. Lmao how ironic haha

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Hopefully the RUSSIAN land mass brethren can remain observant of the many current negative global activities and try to do their best to upkeep peace as best possible to help prevent more global destabilization...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The real question;

Who ISNT ready for war?

Seems to me all players have geared up.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Where did you read that? Did you read the transcript? I thought it was remarkably reasonable.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
The real question;

Who ISNT ready for war?

Seems to me all players have geared up.

The EU nations aint ready to fallow the US into a war With Russia. Non of the EU nations have geared up. All they have done is moved some hardware and people around the map. Hardly enought to do much damage.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: snypwsd

Where did you read that? Did you read the transcript? I thought it was remarkably reasonable.

Its funny. It seams as he has been longer on ATS than you. And he clearly know much less. He is much like the image of the Public opinion. They have never read the script either.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join